Chapter 6

Our Fated Connection (Strings)

You felt something being removed from your forehead. Drowsily, you forced your eyes to open. It was still dark, but your senses told you that it was approaching dawn. You turned your head and was greeted by Changmin’s back, illuminated by the light on your table lamp. You heard a gentle splash of water, but your head was unable to connect anything together, so you just stared at him.

He turned towards you, a wet towel in his hands. “Oh! You woke up? Did I wake you up? Sorry...”

“Huh?” You managed to get out, brain still too groggy to function.

He didn’t say anything else, but leaned forward and placed a warm hand on your forehead.

“Ah, you’re temperature’s finally going down. Yah~ that was a fierce battle that I just fought and won.” He informed you with a satisfied smile on his face and a wink to you.

 “O-Oppa...” you began, the clogs in your head finally started to move, “you...Have you slept at all?”

“Eh...I...Yeah, of course I have...”

You knew him too well. He always blinks three times in a row when he’s lying.

“No you haven’t! Yah! Don’t lie to me!” You took a glance at your clock: 3:56am. “Oppa, get your into bed, we’ve got school in the morning!”

“You think I’ll let you go to school in this state?”

“Pfft, try and stop me...Go to bed...NOW!” You yelled at him and pointed to the door.

“Yish this girl...Stubborn...” he muttered to himself. “Fine! I’ll sleep, but I’m sleeping in your room!”

Before you could open your mouth to argue that a girl needs her privacy, he was already up and gone. A moment later, he came back with his duvet and mattress. He spread the mattress on the floor and turned the lamp off before lying down.

You stared at the ceiling, all the drowsiness had suddenly disappeared. Changmin shuffled around, trying to find the most comfortable position.

“Oppa...”

“Hm..?”

“I’m so lucky to have you...Even though our parents sold us to him...Without you, I don’t know if I’d have the courage to carry on living...”

Changmin said nothing. A few seconds later, you heard him sigh and said “just go to sleep already.”

“Neh~” you turned slightly, avoiding hurting your shoulder. A moment later, sleep took you away once again.

--------------------

I'm really really sorry about not updating often...But exams must come first ;__;

I decided to do a short chapter just to develope you and Changmin's relationship a little bit more ^^

Is it wrong to love your own fanfic..? Keke~

@BubblegumRaccoon, thank you for the comments!! I am a newbie afterall, but hopefully things will pick up after a while ;)

Thank you all for the comments~ but please keep them coming in!! I get really motivated when I get a new subscriber or a comment <3