Chapter 4

Our Fated Connection (Strings)

You stood in front of the heavy gates. You had parked your bike a little distance away so it didn’t appear as conspicuous, yet still easily accessible when you need to get away.

“Oppa, I’m heading in now.”

“Go right ahead. I’m on the security system already.”

You took a look around your current environment. The wall was too smooth for you to climb; the only other way to get in was by climbing over the gate. Without another moment of hesitation, you placed your hands on the metal and started your way up.

“Okay Oppa, I’m in.” You informed Changmin as you landed on your feet.

“Good...I can see you on the camera...I wonder why there are no guards yet...”

“Guards at night are completely lazy...It doesn’t matter, if I see any, I’ll handle them...Okay, I’m by the front door now. There’s a password lock for it, can you send it to me please?”

“Already got it for you. It’s 56012.”

You punched the numbers into the keypad, and the green light flashed at you, indicating for you to go in.

“______-ah...” Changmin’s voice reached you. He sounded slightly worried about something. “I’ve taken a look through all the cameras, but there is not a single soul around. This is the first time we’ve come across this, so be careful. But there is a camera on the 3rd floor that seems quite suspicious to me...Go and check that out, he could be there.”

Arming yourself with your gun, you walked swiftly up the stairs without making any noise. You felt the hair on the back of your neck stand up and you honestly did think that it was just too quiet for such a big house. All of the curtains were drawn together, and all the lights were turned off. Your sensitive ear picked up every sound around you. The creek of the floorboards underneath the rich carpet; the sound of wind blowing against the huge windows; you could also hear Changmin’s soft breathing in your earpiece, which calmed you down a little. If you were just a normal girl, you’d be crying your eyes off by now, whilst wailing for your brother.

In a matter of minutes, you had arrived at the corridor of the third floor. Your heart sped right up as you took a look at the scene in front of you. Someone has been here before you.

“Oppa, someone’s been here already. All the guards are here, but they’re all down...” you whispered into your mike as you reached to one of the bodies in front of you to check for a sign of a pulse, “...and dead.”

“What!? But- oh dammit! The camera must have been put on a loop! I never realized! Damn, whoever did this, he’s definitely done this before...You have to be careful okay!?”

“You know what, leave this to me. Go home first, I’ll sort this out.” You suggested.

“I can’t leave you.” He retorted back, a little angry.

“Look, there’s no point hanging around a soon to be crime scene. We agreed on this before! There’s no point to wait for me oppa! I don’t want both of us to be caught! I can look after myself, so just go!”

“Yah- if you get caught-” he began.

“I wouldn’t!” you interrupted him, “you know I wouldn’t! Just go already!”

“Tsk...Fine, just...be careful okay?”

“Yeh yeh...”

Your earpiece went silent. You took it off along with the mike and stored them safely in a pocket. You were alone now. But that didn’t worry you; you were a little relieved that Changmin would be safe at least.

Gently, you moved forward. Your back was against the hard wall as your feet carried you softly across the long corridor. You took a peek into each of the rooms that you came across, but they were all empty.

“Damn you...where are you?” you cursed quietly. Not a second after you muttered out your curse did your ear pick up a faint sound. You tensed and prepared yourself. You glided towards the sound, and as you moved closer, you realized that it was talking. You followed the voice and found yourself outside the last room on the corridor.

“...told you not to mess around with us...” a smooth voice said.

“I-I don’t know what...I’ve already told you everything I know...Please...”

“Begging is not going to get you anywhere old man...I’ve told you already, your time is over. Any remaining words?”

You heard a click of a gun. Your heart pounded. This was the first time you bumped into someone who has the same target as you. You couldn’t afford to let whoever’s in that room take your target. You secured your mask around your ears and pulled your cap down to hide away your features. You took a deep breath and revealed yourself from your hiding spot, and took a full view of the scene in front of you.

The curtains were drawn back, allowing the soft moonlight to shine into the room, giving the room a ghostly aura. To the side of the room was a large, wooden four poster bed accompanied with the same set of bed tables. A granite fireplace adorned on the opposite of the bed, its dying fire gently crackled away.

You focused your attention to the centre of the room. “He’s my target.” You stated, your gun pointed at the other assailant.  

The man you were looking for was sat down on a chair. Just centimetres away from his large forehead was a gun, held by its owner, who appeared to you as a young male, possibly not much older than you. He too had a mask and a cap on, so you couldn’t make out any of his features, but the intensity of his gaze startled you.

“Sorry, I got here first~” he said to you, then turned his attention back to the target, “anyway, I got everything I wanted...Guess I’ll see you in the afterl-”

BANG BANG

You pulled the trigger twice. The first bullet hit the target straight in the temple. The second shot hit the gun in the assailant’s hand and it snapped in half.

Mission complete.

------------

Gwaa~~ Sorry for not updating regularly...I've got exams coming up soon, and I'm trying my best to revise...

I didn't check over this too much, so if there are small spelling mistakes, please forgive me~ I'll correct them if I spot them ^^