Chapter 2

Our Fated Connection (Strings)

Your eyes shot wide open.

You clutched your top and in huge, deep breathes. Your throat was in pain and beads of sweat were trickling down the sides of your face. You could feel your face plastered with a mixture of dry and wet tears.

You gulped.

“______-ah...” A gentle voice came from your right.

You turned your head, and your brother’s anxious face filled your line of vision.

“You okay..?” Changmin asked worryingly.

You were having trouble linking sentences together, so you gave him a little nod instead.

“Another nightmare?” He asked as a comforting smile formed on his lips. He reached over to you and wiped your tears away.

You gave him another quick nod.

“Don’t worry, I’m here,” he assured you.

You pushed yourself up from bed and wrapped your arms around his neck. His hands patted your back soothingly, and he rested his chin on the top of your head. You took a few deep breathes of his mild scent just to make sure that he was really here.

“Oppa...” You began a few seconds later.

“Hmmm?”

“You...would never leave me right?” Your voice slight muffled as you snuggled deeper into his comforting warmth.

“What are you talking about? You know how much I love you~ I’d be crazy to leave you,” he answered calmly with a hint of teasing tone in his voice.

You let out a sigh and replied back, “I love you more though~”

You heard him chuckle and you released him from your embrace.

“Good timing too- we’re early. If you hadn’t yelled for me with such intensity, I wouldn’t be awake yet,” he said, trying to turn the conversation around.

“Pfft...” you eyed him, “‘early’ doesn’t even exist in your dictionary...Even if I try to wake you up, you’d just kick and moan and mutter some inaudible curses at me until I leave you alone and was at least 2 meters away from your bedroom door.”

“Okay, okay, enough about your heroic attempts at waking me up. I’ll go make some breakfast. Pancakes?”

“Sounds great,” you replied. You got out of bed and grabbed your uniform. Your heart was still pounding loudly, but it was only a dream. There was nothing to worry about. Your brother was with you, nothing much could go wrong.

~~~

You were both digging into the freshly cooked pancakes when the mail arrived. You went to take a look and once again, your heart rate began to increase as you caught a glimpse of red amongst the envelopes.

“Oppa...There’s another one...” you muttered.

“What did you say?” Changmin asked from the dining room.

When you gave no answer back, he came out and peered over your shoulders to take a look.

“Another one...But you had one only three days ago...What’s that guy planning...?”

“It doesn’t matter. I’ll go over this after school,” you said, and you returned to the dining room to finish breakfast.

Changmin stood rooted to the ground. “How I wish I could believe that you’re not bothered by any of this...”

His train of thoughts about you were interrupted when you threatened to eat his pancakes. He pushed the worry away from his mind, and the sides of his lips gave a little tug upwards as he went to join you.

-------------

Sorry about the slowness of the chapter...I was trying to build up some character developement

But I hope it wasn't too bad X3