Chapter 5

Our Fated Connection (Strings)

You were now dashing away at full speed, not worried about causing any disturbance in the household. However, you knew you were being chased. You were too far ahead of him though, and you calculated in your mind that unless he had superpowers, he wouldn’t be able to catch up with you. You flew down the flights of stairs and smashed open the entrance door, heading towards the gates. The gate would take too long to climb; you noticed several large, smooth boulders placed conveniently by the tall wall and you headed towards them.

You heard hurried footsteps behind you, and you pushed yourself faster. You placed a foot on one of the boulders and leapt in the air. You hands caught the side of the wall, and you pulled your body up, ready to jump down to the other side.

BANG

A searing pain shot through your left shoulder, and tears welled up in your eyes at the sudden shock. The impact of the bullet overbalanced you and knocked you down to the ground. You landed badly and the air escaped your lungs as the solid, concrete ground hit you.

“...argh...” you moaned. You pushed yourself up quickly and headed towards your vehicle. The warmth of your blood soaked your inner shirt, but you paid it no attention. You had to get out of this place as soon as possible.

Suddenly a pair of arms locked themselves around your waist, and you were down. A hand grabbed your injured arm and twisted it against your back. You held back your gasps of pain, in fear that you would get recognised. He sat on your back, both of his legs on either side of your body.

“Who are you? Who ordered you to come here?” He questioned you.

You didn’t answer him. Why would you anyway?

He twisted your arm even more, and the pain spread through your entire body, blinding you. A loud gasp escaped your mouth without your consent, and you mentally slapped yourself.

“You...You’re a girl..?” Your capturer said, his voice filled with surprise. His grip on you slackened slightly. You took the opportunity and swung your free arm backwards in his direction. Your fist connected with the side of his head and he was off of you. You jumped up and landed another punch to his temple. He collapsed on the ground, out cold. 

You checked the ground around you for any droplets of your blood. There was none, proving that wearing two shirts underneath your jacket was always a good idea. You left the man by the side of the street. You didn’t hit him hard because you didn’t want to risk breaking your arm. You stumbled towards you bike and jumped on quickly to head home.

You were barely conscious when you finally made it to the front door of your house. You used what’s left of your energy and pounded on the door desperately. You leaned your body on the door, knowing that Changmin would be clattering down the stairs. Not a moment too soon, you felt the door swing open, and your body collapsed into the warmth of your brother.

“_____!!” He was shocked to see you in this state. He poked his head out and checked if anyone had followed you before closing the door to the peaceful, undisturbed neighbourhood. He slid an arm underneath your knee and whisked you up into your bedroom. Your face was covered in sweat, and your lips were scarily pale. He placed you down on your bed and proceeded to retrieve the first aid kit to sort your shoulder out.

Two hours passed torturously , and finally you had settled down. Changmin tucked you in his bed and wrapped the duvet carefully around you. He sat down next to you with a large bowl of cold water and a small towel for your fever and began the process of cooling you down.

His eyes never left your face. Your brows pulled together and tears escaped the corner of your eyes and slid down your red cheeks. Changmin reached forward and placed his hand on your cheeks, his thumb brushed away the tears. Soon your face relaxed as you slept on. His fingers caressed your skin gently, his eyes filled with sadness for you.

“Why do you always care for other people before yourself...?”

 

--------

Another chapter~~

Again, I haven't look through this much, so there may be some small errors etc, I'll remove them if I spot any ^^