Chapter 3 - Hopelessly in Love

Whenever You Play that Song...

Chapter 3 is up! Hope you enjoy it! This chapter is strictly Myungyeol for all those myungyeol lovers out there :) The next chapter I am considering making it strictly Yeoljong. (Hint: Troublemaker...'nuf said.) Anyways, Daeyeol and Sungyeol's umma makes a special appearance in here! Enjoy!

Also, in 3 days I am heading out for a Fashion class trip to NYC (YAY!!) so I am not updating for awhile. Sadly enough :( I don't like to disappoint my awesome readers. To make up for it, I will write as many on my trip then type it all up once I head back.


 

Morning at the Lee’s house…

"Sungyeol-ah~. Sungyeol-ah~.” I turned away from the voice and whined, "Umma~ it's the weekend. I want to catch up on my missed sleep~" My umma suddenly yelled,"Aigoo~ Aigoo my back." I bolted out of bed and yelled, "UMMA ARE YOU OKAY?!" She laughed in victory. "Works every time. Here are some groceries I need you to go out and buy for me. I am heading out with the other ummas so I will be out late." I whined. "Umma wae?!!! Why can’t Daeyeol do it?!! He's a big boy!"

Umma put her hands on her hips. "Daeyeol is a busy boy now please be a good big brother and help your umma!" I sighed in defeat. "Nae...." Dammit I was defeated. I thought my aegyo would work this time. Umma smiled and kissed my cheek. "Good boy." I giggled then started to get ready. As I walked out I saw Daeyeol watching TV and stuffing his face instead of being the ‘busy boy’ he is. I glared at him, busy my . You damn momma's boy.

I started taking a stroll towards the grocery store and I heard the sound of someone playing guitar. I turned and noticed L in the coffee shop playing guitar. He's really good…probably better than me. He stopped playing and looked up suddenly. I fell to the ground, trying to stop my racing heart. L yelled, "Yah! I saw you!" I didn't respond and I heard rustling sounds from inside the coffee shop. Suddenly the door opened and I fell back, nearly knocking my head on the ground. I yelled."Yah! You could've killed me you jerk!" He laughed. "The shop doesn't open for another hour. What are you doing here?" What am I doing here? I stuttered, "I-I-I happened to be going to the grocery store and heard you playing guitar."

L laughed with amusement. "Come in and sit down. Would you like anything?" I nodded. "The shop didn't open yet. I'll just wait." He smiled. "It's fine. As long as you pay it's fine. Americano right?" I nodded while picking up his guitar. L yelled from behind the counter, “So I’m guessing you play? Play me something.” I started to blush from the sudden attention. “Aniyo, I’m not that good…I only know how to play some chords.” L said, “Hmm…enlighten me.” I sighed to calm down the nerves then started to play Infinite’s Can U Smile. I swayed slowly with the song and began singing.

aju orae jeon neoreul boatdeon
geu neukkimeul gieokhae nan
neoreul aratdeon nareul aratdeon
geu sijeori saenggangna
neoreul darmgo sipdeon
eoulligo sipdeon
ganjeolhaetdeon siganeul
nan dasi saenggakhae
da jinagan hannat chueok ppuningeol

And Can you smile? smile..
niga wonhajanha
niga barajanha
nae mam maneuroneun
neol jabeul suga eomneungabwa

L came back with my Americano and started clapping and woo-ing. “Wow! You’re good! ‘I’m not that good’ my ! You’re definitely not a beginner.” I handed his guitar back and tried to hide the blush that was threatening to appear. L put his guitar in his lap and we just sat in silence. It was kind of calming…just sitting, staring out the window of the coffee shop. Leaves were fluttering in the wind and I laughed as I noticed a woman attempting to keep her skirt down from flying up.

 The silence was getting awkward and I had the sudden urge to talk to L. "So why are you here so early?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "This place is like my home so whenever I wake up I always come straight here. Sometimes I sleep here but sajangnim doesn't like that since it's ‘not safe’ apparently." I smiled. "You must love coffee if you enjoy working here so much." L shrugged again and started to strum some chords."Well I guess you could say that. There's also this boy that keeps eyeing me that makes me want to come back to work every day." I blushed a bit and L winked at me.

I started drinking my Americano to hide the embarrassment I was feeling. Did he have to be an ? He started strumming a few chords and I instantly recognized the song. It was Glen Hansard’s ‘Falling Slowly.’ A lot of K-pop stars like to sing that song especially on radio broadcasting. As I watched L, he had his eyes closed and was swaying to the beat of the song. If I wasn’t already into him I would definitely fall in love with him right here, right now. His face looked so passionate as he strummed and his playing was just so…beautiful. As he started singing, my heart just started to beat a million times faster and I knew…I was in love.

"I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won"

L stopped mid song and looked at me then smiled. I clapped loudly and yelled, "Woohoo!!! DAEBAK!!!" He laughed and said, "That song...I sung it for you." I stopped clapping and was surprised by his sudden confession. He leaned close towards me and I thought he was gonna kiss my lips so I flinched. L kept leaning closer and kissed my forehead. I blushed madly and stood up suddenly, nearly tripping on my own feet.

"Thanks for the coffee! I-I should be leaving." I tripped out the door and heard L laughing in the background. What's wrong with me?! Getting flustered like that?! Aish! Totally disregarding the groceries I had to get, I stumbled home. I walked into my home and threw myself onto the couch, still dazed from L’s sudden kiss. Suddenly I heard someone mumble under me, “Yah if you’re done with your emotional breakdown, get off.” I realized Daeyeol was under me and got off. “Mianhe.” He looked at me irritated, “Aish what has gotten into you today?” I laid my head on his lap and said, “There’s this boy…”

Daeyeol started laughing loudly. “Is my older brother having romance issues? You came to the right person! Who is it?” I sighed and closed my eyes as I said, “Coffee shop guy…”Daeyeol noogied me. “You’re still into him?! If you like him THAT much go for him!” I whined. “But I don’t know how~” He threw his arm on my shoulder. “Hyung, it’s either get your guy or let some other girl/guy get him before you. What’s it gonna be?” I whined and buried my head in his lap in frustration. “Aigoo~ Why is love so hard?!” Daeyeol laughed. “Hyung you’re hopeless.”


 

Hope you liked it! I actually really enjoyed making this chapter. Just strictly Myungyeol is good once in awhile. Though I feel bad Sungjong doesn't get much love. Don't worry Sungjong! You WILL get your chance at love! 

This is the glare Sungyeol was giving Daeyeol:

image

Anyways, thanks again for reading! Saranghaeyo!

Sungyeol