The Ultimate Sacrifice

[Haru Haru Inspired]

JIYONG P.O.V

"Taeyang ah." I said frantically as I caught his arm. He refused to make eye contact, and let his arm free from my grip. "Yah, Seunghyun ah!" I said even more frantically as I held his arm. "What happened? What did the doctors say?!" He slowly looked me in the eye, and let his arm free of my grip. "That, you'll have to ask Dara yourself." This is scary, they won't tell me anything. I look at Seungri and Daesung, but they didn't want to notice me. Fussed up, I grabbed my keys and jacket and went out the door. 

"Hyung! Where are you going?" Seungri called. "To the hospital." I said when i closed the door. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- At the Hospital ------------------------------------------------------------

I made my way to the information desk once I opened the doors. "Excuse me!" I called a nurse who sat in front of me. "Could you help me find a patient? She's my girlfriend her name's Sandara Park." she moved to the computer and started typing until she got the results. "Yes, Ms. Park is in room 363 on the 9th floor." I quickly made my way to the elevator which opened up right away. There was a girl in a wheelchair, she was in hospital clothing, and had needles in her arm, she had no hair, and was extremely pale. I pressed the 9th floor on the elevator, and she pressed 6. 

"Are you visiting someone?" the girl asked me in a weak voice. I stared at her, she had circles under her eyes, she was pale, and she had a weak vibe, just like Dara had when I last saw her.

"Yes. And, by any chance, are you a cancer patient?" I asked. She stared and nodded. "I've only been like this for 6 months." she said weakly. "it feels like hell." she said sourly. "Are you visiting someone with cancer too?" she asked. I hesitantly nodded, it still was't clear to me that Dara had cancer. 

"Well, im only 9. Life really is short." she said sadly. "What's your name?" I asked. She looked at me with big brown eyes. "Yi Min, Son Yi Min. What's yours?" "Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong." I said. Ji Min's eyes suddenly lightened up. "So you're Jiyong." she said with a smile I could barely see, then eventually she smiled. "Is there something wrong?" I asked. She looked at me, and smiled again.

"Don't waste your time mister. Just tell her, you don't know how much she needs you now." Ji Min said. The elevator made a "ding" sound, and we were on the 6th floor. She started making her way out the elevator. "Wait! What did you mean right now?" I asked. She turned so that her wheel chair was facing me, and a small smile crossed her face. "Dara unnie, she needs you." she said, and the doors closed. 

The elevator opened and I was on the 9th floor. I went down a couple doors till I saw number 363 on a door. My heart paused, then beated fast. I nearly opened the door, but then it opened from the inside and a doctor came out. 

"Oh, may I help you?" he asked me. I unknowingly stared at him, he sighed and led me somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------- Doctors Office-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Her kidneys are failing..." I repeated myself. "Why, how?" I sounded dead, even to me. It's too much for me to hear. 

"Yes I'm afraid. We're trying our best to find suitable donors for Ms. Dara, but you see it's not that easy. She has a rare blood type O-, and we can't-"

"O negative?" I said in an instant. 

"Yes, but unfortunately she can't contact any of her family members, meaning it wil not be easy for the surgery or transplant she needs."

"I'm O negative!" I said in astonishment. He looked at me for a while. "I-I-I'm healthy! I'm just around her age and I am O negative!" I said in excitement.

"What do you mean?" he asked me. "I mean I want to donate my kidney's! For her, for Dara! I can do that can't I?!" he didn't seem as happy as I thought he'd be. Instead he let out a heavy sigh.

"It's not that easy, you see, BOTH her kidneys are failing. And if you donate both your kidneys, well you won't be able to live.-"

"I know that." I said. He hesitantly thought for a moment. "Sir... Your life is on the line if you do donate both your kidneys, my job is not to take lives away it's to sa-"

"Save them." he looked at me with a considerate face. "And I want to save my girlfriends." I said. He still wouldn't meet my eyes, and kept a worried face. "I'm willing to sacrifice, for her sake doctor." Then he met my eyes in astonishment. He let out a heavy sigh.

"Sir you'll be making the ultimate sacrifice here,-"

"I know." I said flatly. "And I'm willing." He stared at me, seriously considering my decision, and after a minute or so, he nodded. Suddenly a smile crossed my face, then along with a tear from my eye.