The Dove

[Haru Haru Inspired]

Doctor P.O.V

"Get the blood! We need more blood!" I panickly yelled at the nurse. 10 minutes have passed, and still no blood. Dara was on the operation table, her body half open, and she was losing blood. I started to sweat, I became hotter and anxious as the time ticked. Suddenly the doors slammed open and my nurses came rushing in with a pint of blood. 

"Get it connected NOW! We need to hurry or else... the worst may happen.." I hollered. The atmosphere was tense, extremely tense. We were all sweating and flustered. Once the tube was connected I continued the operation as quickly and swiftly as possible. If we didn't work fast, and something went wrong, that'd be the end of my good friend. 

"Doctor! This won't do the clock is ticking too fast!" the head nurse said. "We can do this!" I said in frustration. But I knew we couldn't, it'd take a miracle to finish this operation successfully. We've only got a kidney in, and we still got one more to go, plus stitching her up doesn't take 10 minutes. We needed more blood... I looked at the pint of blood sitting on the table, it wasn't going to do. But if I worked fast enough with at least 1 more pint of blood.... We might be able to finish...

Flustered, I told my crew to call for Jiyong, and to gather blood from him. Right now, he was our only hope. The blood gathered from Yoo Sun wasn't going to fill a pint anymore. My head nurse ran out with a needle and a pint, and ran looking for Jiyong. I watched her run, a worried expression on my face. Then I looked at Dara, my good friend... 

Dara P.O.V

The bright flash of light blinded my eyes for a while, and when I opened my eyes, I found myself standing alone in a hospital gown. The grass was starting to die, and it started getting cold. The sun was being covered by some clouds, and the flowers started to lose their radiant color. I looked around me, seeing nothing but dying nature and a dark sky. 

"Hello?!" I yelled, "Is anyone there? Where am I?" I waited for a response... but not one answered but the cold wind. I panickly wandered around, hoping to find a sign of living life, something, someone, anything! I wandered for a long time, but I found nothing. Then, I suddenly felt like crying.

I sat under a palm tree that was now starting to fall apart. It was as if the whole place crumbled along with me. I sat there for a while, hunched... but then I heard a bird.

I looked up, and saw a dove. Beautiful, white, pure.. It was flying in circles above my head, making some sort of noise, and I was mesmerized. I stared in awe, and stood up. Then for a moment, the dove looked me in the eye for a split second, and I swear, it spoke to me.. "Come" it said, and it flew to the north, straight ahead. Confused, I didn't know what to do, but to follow my gut. So I followed it, I ran, I was desperate enough to follow a bird because right now, it could be my only hope. Every few steps I took, the dove looked back, as if it was checking on me. I battled the trees and bushes that were blocking my way. And I started to feel warmer, the grass was becoming warmer, the flowers started to bloom again, and I smiled. 

Suddenly the dove stopped, and it landed on a branch in front of me. I stared at it, and smiled. Out of nowhere, I noticed a cut on its lower wing, but as I reached out for it, it scooted away, as if gesturing me not to touch it. The dove looked at me, and turned it's head around several times, gesturing me to move forward. I stared in awe, but then the dove flew away behind me. I watched it fly until I could no longer see it, and then I turned back in front of me... large tree leaves were blocking me, it resembled a doorway. Curious enough though, I pushed them aside, and i moved forward.

After all of the leaves were gone, I stood on a greener warmer grass. The sun was out and warm, and the sky was blue. I was too fascinated and joyful that I didn't even notice the one thing I've been searching for this whole time... "Dara." that familiar voice called. I looked up in front of me, and saw Jiyong, looking at me with his beautiful mesmerizing eyes, his hands behind his back in his white tuxedo. I stared in astonishment, "This isn't real." I thought to myself.

"Really?" Jiyong said doubtfully, as if he read my mind. I stared at him with my eyes wide open. "Because, I told you I'd be waiting." he said with a smile on his face. He came closer and closer, but before I could say a word, he kissed me.... 

Then I woke up.