Cancer

[Haru Haru Inspired]

*credit to this poster goes to cuteheart and skull heart!  "⊰⊹☆ ☜♡☞ DREAMY ANGELS ART {OPEN:HIRING} ☜♡☞ ☆⊹⊱"

I came out from the room, and saw Dara. She was unloading her groceries on the counter table. I snuck up behind her, and covered her eyes from behind. She put her hands on my hands that were blocking her sight. As soon as she felt my hands, she knew who I was. 

 

"Jiyoung ah!~" Dara said as she was taking out her groceries. "I know it's you." she removed my hands that covered her eyes and turned around. A smile flashed across her face as it did on mine.

"Hey." I said teasingly. I hugged her in my arms, tightly.

"Where have you been?" she let go.

"I brought groceries!" she said. I looked over to the stuff in the bags. I came to the counter to get a closer look. 

"What is this? Carrots, celery, hot pack, why's it all healthy food?" I said smelling the carrots, then pulling away from it. It smelled terrible, well to me. Carrots were the worst vegetables in the world.

"I think, we should start eating healthy." she said putting the vegetables in fridge. I helped out by setting up the blender she bought.

"Why all of a sudden?" 

"Well, just because it's healthy." she said. 

"But why now? I mean, we used to just make our own food, why all of a sudden now?" I questioned.

"Aish, do you really have to ask so many questions?" she said annoyingly. I finished setting up the blender. I looked over to where she was, and saw that she just closed the fridge. I walked over to her, and hugged her from behind, leaning my head on her shoulders. She responded by holding my hands that were around her waist, and tilted her neck the opposite of where my head was leaning on. I put my face to her neck, smelling her hair. Her hair that smelled like vanilla and apples. She giggled as I was breathing on her.

"Yah, that tickles" she giggled through . I led her to the couch. When I sat her down, I immediately sat down too. My head was on her heart, and my arms were around her waist, just how I liked it. She placed her hands on my arm and her other hand on my head. Slowly patting my head.

"Kwon Jiyoung.." she said to me in a low voice. 

"Mmm." I responded. My eyes were closed. 

"Do you love me?" she asked me... I opened my eyes, and dismissed my initial position. Instead, I sat up, and looked at her. She looked at me waiting for my reply.

"Sandara, I tell you that I love you everyday don't I?" I replied.

"Yes, but, are you sure of it?" she asked more curiously. From the looks of it, she didn't seem so sure. How could she doubt my love for her? Beause, I really did love her. I came closer to her, and held her hands.

"Dara, look at me." I pulled her chin towards my face. Her eyes looked sad.

"I. Love. You. Don't ever forget that. In my eyes, no, in my heart, you're always here. And only you." I put my fist to my heart. "Do you love me?" I asked her back.

"Of course I do." she said. Her eyes were turning red and watery. I pulled her in for a hug. 

"Why would you ask me that?" I asked. She sniffled, and pulled away looking at me.

"I just wanted to know." she said innocently.

"Well, now you know. Happy?" I smiled at her, but she was still frowning. I smiled wider, and pulled her in.

"Yah, come here!" I exclaimed as I pulled her down with me on the couch rubbing her hair which made it messy.

"Yah! Jiyoung! Jiyoung ah! Stop it!" she exclaimed playfully. She pulled away, and smoothed out her hair.

I laughed to myself, knowing how grateful I am to have her. She looked at me with a smirked expression, and I laughed even more.

"Yah, come here, Im sorry, forgive me? Pleeeease?" I told her when I hugged her.

"Pshh, how can't I?" she said, and hugged me back.

Dara P.O.V

I walked around the grocery store for hours, trying to find what I needed. I checked the checklist my doctor gave to me.

"Hmmm. Let's see. I got carrots, celery, hot pack, sweet potatoes, green vegies, and 100% pure juice." I said to myself. "There's still a lot more left." I thought to myself. My budget won't fit it all. 

I remembered what my doctor told me last week, about the things I should consider buying, and what to avoid. 

"Carrots are very helpful in this case, celery too. Since you'll be experiencing some pain, you might want to buy something to ease it. But no medications without my perscription. But I guess for now, you may need a special blender. Not an ordinary blender, I'll give you the brand name and where to buy it. Most cancer patients have these blender, it keeps everything healthy in it, but it's expensive. Are you up for it?" I remember my doctor telling me. I sighed at this memory. I decided not to think about it, it made me space out. I walked around trying to find the blender the doctor recommended for me. Luckily, there was only one left in the stack. I took my opportunity and grabbed it. 

"Vita Mix Blender" It said on the box packaging. I checked the price on the back.

"200 dollars..." I stared blankly at the price. 200 dollars?! How could it be so expensive? I was about to put it back, but then I saw another lady eyeing me from the corner. I guess she wanted it too. I couldn't take any chances, I NEEDED this. I just put it in my cart and left.

 

 

Dear diary,                         January 6, 2012

I went to the doctors office not long ago. I told them all the weird symptoms I've been having often. A new mole appearing on my stomach, pain in one knee or shoulder, often nosebleeds, laziness, unexplained weight loss, etc. They did many examinations like blood tests, urine tests, x-ray exams, hearing and seight examintaions. It took a while, but just last week, I has diagnosed with cancer. Leukimia. Since then, I've been out of place. Well, not so out of place. I've been acting normally so far, but my minds been spacing out about it. I can't decide wether or not I should tell Jiyoung. I don't want him to be in pain or depressed. I asked him today if he loved me, and he said he did. He said he'll always love me no matter what.. I do too. Since the day we met. I have too.