Knowing the Truth

[Haru Haru Inspired]

Dara P.O.V

"What happened?" Taeyang asked me when I closed the front door shut. I could feel the tears drying up on my cheek. But I could still feel the guiltiness and sorrow in me.

"We broke up." I said flatly through my mouth. He hesitated before asking, "You or, him?" I said slowly, "Me. I did it." he sat quietly down. "Now what?" he asked.

"Now, we tell the guys. They need to know, so they know what to tell him if anything happens..." I said rubbing my hands together. I looked at my left hand, feeling the ring we still wore. The ones I got us for Valentines day. I looked at it, the engravings on hearts on it. I took it slowly off my ring finger, and handed it to Taeyang. He looked at it, "What's this?" he asked.

"It's the ring I bought for Jiyong and I on Valentines day." I said. "Why are you giving this to me?" he asked.

"Because, just in case something happens to me, you can give it to him, and tell him everything if I die. Plus, if he sees me still wearing it, that would lead to suspicions wouldn't it?" He looked at me, then at the ring. He took it carefully in his hands, and into his pocket.

"So..." he said with a heavy sigh. "How will we tell them?"

Jiyong P.O.V

I couldn't just sit and do nothing. There had to be a reason why she ended it so suddenly. 

Before I knew it, I was in front of Taeyang's house, ready to tell him what happened, and what I should do. I noticed everyone's car though. Seunghyun's, Daesung's, Seungri's, even Miyoung's car was there. I found the front door open, and cautiously made my way inside the house. "Taeyang!" I yelled in the house. I went into his room, finding no one. I stepped further inside, checking once more. Then I heard severeal footsteps coming from the front door. Unconsciously, I hid behind a thick curtain that hung in between his room and the hallway, which led to the living room.

"Hyung, why did you call us over?" I heard Daesungs voice call. "Just sit down you guys." Seunghyun ordered. I could feel the negative vibe from the room, and it wasn't pleasant.  I peeked a little bit, seeing all of them walk in and sit down.

"Hyung, you're scaring us what's wrong?" Seungri commented in a serious manner. "Just.. Shhhh." Taeyang said sternly. It was all of a sudden quiet. 

"Dara and Jiyong broke up." Miyoung said sadly. How did she know? "Dara probably told her." I thought to myself. 

"What?" Seungri and Daesung said at the same time. "Why? What happened?" Seungri asked curiously. It was silent for a moment. Then I heard a heavy sigh that came from Taeyang.

"Dara's sick." I heard him say. "She has cancer..." he said. My heart stopped for a second. I wasn't sure if I heard it right. Did he say cancer? Meanwhile, Seungri and Daesung studdered, shocked by the news, including me.

"she's been sick for a while, and may not make it." Seunghyun continued. "Sick?" I thought to myself, how could she be sick? She's a healthy looking 24 year old. How?

"Should we tell Jiyong hyung?" I heard Daesung comment quietly in the silence. I peeked a bit more through the curtain, seeing everybody. Seunghyun, Daesung, Seungri, Taeyang, Miyoung. Everyone, exept for me. 

"I think we should tell him, he deserves the right to kno-" "No..." I heard Dara come in the room. "Nobody... tells him..." she said shakingly. I peeked at bit more. She was skinnier, paler, different. My heart hurt, seeing her like this. She kept it from me. Why?

"Noona!" Daesung said softly." "How.. When?" he asked worriedly. I should be the one asking the questions. I was ready to jump out of the curtain and confront her now, but what she said stopped me.

"Because of him..." she said shakingly. "Because if something were to happen to me, he'll hurt. I was afraid that if something bad did happen to me, he may never be happy again...." she said choking on her tears. "So to prevent this from happening.... I had to hurt him." she said holding in her cries. "So I broke up with him...." she said.

"But, how did you come up with that conclusion?" Miyoung interrupted. Dara took a deep hesitant breath. "If I hurt him, he would be confused, or angry. Most likely sad. But the sadness will eventually disappear, but it's not worse than watching your girlfriend die, right?... At least he can move on properly." she said thoroughly. 

I was shaking already. Hearing all this, taking it all in. I feel like I can't accept this fact, that my girlfriend might die. I didn't want that to happen. I stepped back, and with each step weaker than the last. Soon it was hard for me to breathe, and I was covering my mouth tightly, holding in my flowing tears silently by myself. I suddenly heard footsteps coming my way. The curtain slowly opened, revealing Taeyang in front of me. I looked at him, sobbing on my own. He stared at me, giving me a sorry look. He turned his head down, and headed back outside. "Guys, I have somewhere to be soon. Seunghyun ah, you mind giving Dara a ride home?" I heard. "No problem."

Once they were gone, Taeyang came back. "Jiyong ah.... you heard?" he asked solemnly. Still covering my mouth with both my hands, I hesitantly nodded. He stepped closer, and closer, until we were face to face. I choked through my tears, trying to hide my face. But then he suddenly pulled me in for a hug. I eventually gave in and cried on my friends shoulder. He gently rubbed my back.

"Sorry dude...." he said once. "Sorry."