Stage 1

[Haru Haru Inspired]

Jiyon P.O.V

I dressed up today. This time, I didn't wear a beanie. I wore a clean long selve plaid collar, the one Dara bought me for Christmas. I had flowers ready, and my gift. I took one more look at myself in the mirror before I walked out of the flower shop. I slowly sprinted to Taeyang's house, where we would all meet up before we went skiing this afternoon. 

"Jiyong Hyung!" I heard Daesung not far behind me. He too was running late.

"You're late too?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I woke up late this morning!" he said while catching his breath. "Those for Dara?" he asked nodding to the flowers and box in my hand.

"Mmm." I nodded. We ran already running to the house on the corner. Once I turned, I saw the van parked outside Taeyang's house. All of them were waiting for us. Taeyang, Seunghyun, Daesung, Seungri, Miyoung, and Dara. My smile widened at the sight of Dara. I walked over to them.

"Dara!" I yelled catching her attention. Her attention went from Miyoung's to mine. She smiled widely and ran for a hug which I gladly accepted.

"Happy Valentines Day!" she exclaimed.

"Happy Valentines Day too." I told her. 

"I have something for you!" I told her excitedly as I took out the flowers and box behind me. Her eyes brightened at the sight of the roses I gave her.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" she exclaimed as she smelled it. It took out the box, and stuck my hands out to her. She looked at the baby blue colored box in front of her, and smiled.

"Is this for me?" she asked. "Who else would it be for?" I shrugged. She gladly took the box and excitingly opened it.

"Omo, is this what I think it is?!" she exclaimed as she took out the red colored beanie out of it. "Is this the beanie you wore on our first date? Wait, no, it's different." she said noticing the stitched in angel heart in it. I smiled wider.

"Nope, this is it! I stitched these in to add something new to it. You see? It's a heart with angel wings on it." I said while rubbing the hat I once wore. She looked up at me, "Really? You're giving this to me?!" she said with big eyes. "Yup! There's more too." I dug deeper inside the box, and took out the necklace.

"Jjang~" I said childishly as I picked it out for her.

"Wow, it's so pretty..." she said while holding it in her hands. I smiled.

"You, you better take good care of this necklace. Never lose it. It's the same necklace my dad mought my mom when they got married. Even though it's common, and probably sold elsewhere, this one has sentimental value." I said while putting it around her neck. It looked perfect on her. I examined the necklace one more time, the silver heart in the middle, and the 2 little angel wings on the side. My little angel.

"Little angel." I said to myself. "Thank you." Dara said to me. She kissed me suprisingly on the lips.

"Oh, I have something for you too!" Dara exclaimed. She held out a bear. A light brown stuffed bear wearing a beanie and a shirt. 

"Omo, is this me?!" I asked suprisingly. I held the bear in my hands.

"Yup! Its like a bear version on you. Look in the pocket of the shirt!" she told me excitedly. I dug my fingers into the little pocket of the bear's shirt. I felt 2 rings, and pulled it out.

"Omo, couple rings!" I said suprisingly. She smiled and took one of the rings from my hand. "This one is mine." she said putting it on her. "and that ones yours!" she said putting the ring on my finger. 

"Yah, thank you Dara." I said sweetly. We smiled at each other and held hands which now had rings on each of our fingers.

Dara P.O.V

"Yah! Stop it!" I yelled at Jiyong. He continued throwing snowballs at me while I was skiing. I scooped up a ball of snow in my hands at threw it back at him. 

"Dara! Yah! Ok ok I'll stop!" he yelled as I kept throwing snowballs at him.

"Snowballfight!!" Seungri yelled out. All at once, snowballs went flying over the place. Even Miyong and Seungri were throwing them. I felt fine at first, but then I started to feel a knotting pain in my stomach. My smile started to fade, I placed my hands over my stomach, feeling how weak I was, I felt so weak that I couldn't even move my arms. I felt something rising in my stomach, I felt like throwing up. I quickly ran to the restroom in the cabin. The others were to occupied throwing snowballs at each other to notice me run for it, even Jiyong. As soon as I opened the doors to the public restroom, I threw up.

"Ackkk.." I said to myself. I hurled all over again. My stomach felt sick, like I had been starving for a long time, and it was empty. But that's not possible because we just ate a while ago. I hurled again, closing my eyes, to disgusted to even see what I threw up. It tasted different too.

"Yah! Dara! Are you all right?!" I heard someone calling from the door, knocking. "What's wrong?!" I heard again. I felt too weak to answer back, so I just kept my eyes closed, trying to figure out this familiar taste in my mouth. I heard the door open, and footsteps come in. It stopped at my stall, and the door opened.

"Dara, are you alri-...." I heard a voice comment from behind me. I turned my head slightly backwards to check who it was.

"Taeyang?" I said weakly. His eyes were wide, and suprised. "Why?... Blood?" he studdered. Blood? I turned my head to the bowl, seeing indeed, blood. I wiped my mouth, seeing the color of dark red on my sleeve. Now I know why the taste tasted so familiar now. Taeyang studdered and quickly came to my side rubbing my back.

"Dara, what's wrong?" he asked worriedly. "Why would you throw up blood?" he asked confusingly. I looked at him with sickly eyes.

"Can I trust you?" I asked him silently. He thought for a moment, but looked in my eyes, and nodded. I took a deep sigh.

"I have cancer.... Leukimia." I said with a shaky voice. His eyes narrowed. "What?" he asked again. "I'm sick." I repeated. He looked at me, then at the bowl of blood, then back at me.

"Are you serious?" he asked me unwillingly. I nodded. "Miyong was the first person I told, and you're the second." I told him. "My, Miyong?!" he asked unbelievably.

"Yes." I said weakly. I looked up at him again with serious eyes. "Taeyang, you have to promise me, you will keep this a secret." I told him sternly.

"What? You haven't told anyone except Miyong and I? Not even Jiyong?" he asked me. I replied with a nod, still waiting for his promise.

"But, that's wrong Dara! You should have told us sooner, we would be here to support you and look after you!" he told me loudly. 

"Well I can't do that!.... I don't want Jiyong to be hurt, or sad. I just want.... things to be the same, and to enjoy the moment." He looked at me.

"I'm only on stage 1. It could be worse, and it will. When that time comes, I'll figure out what I'll do." I told him assuringly. He nodded his head.

"Taeyang... Promise me this. You won't tell anyone else. Miyong already knows, you can tell her. But promise me. Can you?" I asked pleadingly. He looked down, closing his eyes. He gave a deep regretful sigh, but replied "Yes."