"Hatching" A Plan

His Dubuness

The girl had finished the drumstick by the time Onew and Jonghyun walked back over. They both stopped in front of her. 
       "I'm sorry." Onew said trying to be serious. It obviously failed. The girl glared at him and Onew jumped back.
       "Please, will you join us for dinner? As an apology for this maniac's behavior?" Jonghyun said as he motioned to Onew.
       "Hmph.. I really don't need to.. But I guess it will be nice!" She smiled.
       "Okay!" Onew smiled widely.
       "This way....?" Jonghyun asked.
       "Eun Chae. Choi Eun Chae, princess of this kingdom." She said as she bowed her head.
The three of them walked to the table. Onew sat down in front of his plates of food, Jonghyun resumed his spot and Eun Chae pulled a chair over and sat on the left side of the table. Onew pulled one of his plates in front of him and started eating. Eun Chae looked at all his food, grabbed one of his plates, and started eating happily.
       "Yah! What do you think you are doing?" Onew whined trying to pull the plate away from her.
Eun Chae slapped Onew's hand away and continued eating.
       "Jonghyun!!" Onew complained.
       "Onew! You can go and get more.." Jonghyun said as he raised his eyebrows.
The table became quiet as the three of them finished their plates.
       "So.. where are you two from?" Eun Chae asked randomly.
       "Dubu Kingdom." Jonghyun answered.
       "Really? That far? Who's the King there?" she asked.
Jonghyun looked at Onew. Eun Chae turned to Onew only to see him have a really big goofy grin on his face.
       "I am." Onew smiled.
The princess laughed in Onew's face. Jonghyun and Onew looked at Eun Chae and then at each other trying to understand why she was laughing.
       "No seriously. Who is the King?" Eun Chae asked again. Onew scoffed at her.
       "Why don't you believe that I am the King?" he questioned.
       "Because you don't act like one." she said.
       "I do too! Plus my people love me!" Onew argued, folding his arms across his chest.
Jonghyun put his head in his hands as Eun Chae and Onew bickered about absolutely nothing.
       "Onew.." Jonghyun sighed.
       "What?" Onew replied blankly.
       "I think I want some I-Need-To-Talk-To-You ice cream." Jonghyun hinted.
       "Whaa--" Onew asked with much confusion, not getting the hint.
       "COME HERE.." Jonghyun commanded as he dragged Onew over to the ice cream machine. Eun Chae shook her head as the two boys walked away.
       "So strange..." she sighed as she watched them.

       "Seriously.. are you stupid?" Jonghyun whispered harshly.
       "No... she's stupid.." Onew motioned over to Eun Chae. Jonghyun exhaled sharply.
       "Dude, ask her out on a date for tomorrow!" Jonghyun replied.
       "But--" Onew tried to refuse.
       "NOW!" Jonghyun cut him off but then looked at the ice cream machine and all the different types of toppings,"But I really do want some ice cream!"
Jonghyun and Onew got themselves ice cream and also brought a bowl back for Eun Chae. The three of them sat at the table, happily eating their own ice cream. Jonghyun and Onew finished before her. Onew sat there staring at Eun Chae, waiting for her to finish. Jonghyun noticed him, sighed deeply and shook his head, completely giving up on Onew. Eun Chae slowly rolled her eyes over to Onew. She started to feel uncomfortable.
       "What?!" she exploded.
       "I have a question to ask you." Onew replied, feeling like a little kid.
She sighed deeply, holding in her irritation.
       "What?" she asked.
       "Will you go on a date with me tomorrow?" Onew asked feeling confident.
       "No."
Jonghyun and Onew's jaw dropped at her answer.
       "What? Why?" they both replied in shock.
       "We just spent an hour and a half fighting over a chicken drumstick which I clearly had first. What makes you think that I can spend a whole day with you?" Eun Chae stated.
Onew and Jonghyun were left speechless.
       "Well good day boys. Thank you for letting me join you." Eun Chae said as she got up to leave. Onew looked at Jonghyun for what to do as she walked away.
       "Go after her!" Jonghyun commanded.
Onew nervously stood up, took two steps and tripped over his own two feet falling flat on his face. Onew jumped up again and ran to the door. He went outside and called after her.
       "Eun Chae!" Onew yelled.
She stopped, sighed and turned around.
       "What?" she asked.
       "Please? Tomorrow will be a great day! I swear!" Onew forced himself to say because he was out of breath. She thought about it causing Onew to become more anxious.
       "Fine.." she replied,"Meet me here tomorrow at noon."
       "O-okay." Onew said trying to hold in his excitement. Eun Chae turned around and walked away. Onew watched her as she disappeared into the crowd. Jonghyun walked up to Onew and put his hand on Onew's shoulder.
       "What did she say?" Jonghyun asked curiously.
       "She said yes! I've never lead a date before!" Onew said, over flowing with confidence.
       "Well this will definitely help your situation a little more." Jonghyun replied as he held up a flyer that was just handed to him.
       "The 'Rose Lantern Festival'?" Onew questioned as he raised his eyebrows.
       "And it's a couples festival!" Jonghyun laughed.
Onew realized what Jonghyun just said and started to feel sick.
       "Oh no.. I think I'm gonna puke..." Onew exclaimed as his face turned a shade of green. Jonghyun hesitated, looked at Onew and took a step back.
       "Please don't.. if so.. do it that way.." Jonghyun said pointing the opposite way.
       "I'm so nervous!" Onew whined.
       "Don't worry! You'll do fine!" Jonghyun comforted Onew as he helped him into the carriage,
"I hope."