One Disturbed Chicken

His Dubuness

The carriage had been traveling for about 6 hours now and they had finally reached the next kingdom. The weather went from sunny and clear to rainy and gloomy. Along with the atmosphere, the mood inside the carriage had changed as well. Onew and Jonhyun were sitting in silence, listening to the pitter-patter of rain on the carriage and the suprisingly loud thunderclaps filling the air. Onew's nerves finally hit him when the lightning struck somewhere off in the distance filling the depressing world around them with a grey-ish light.
       "Aish... it's been like this for the past four hours! When will it stop?" Onew whined.
       "I don't know, but quit complaining!" Jonghyun snapped. Bad weather always irritated Jonghyun and it didn't help that Onew has been whining for the past 4 hours.
       "Ah!" Onew exclaimed,"Finally.....".
The drop of volume in his voice was totally noticable when he saw the castle. The black castle got bigger and more unattractive as they got closer. The style of the castle was gothic victorian. Beautiful but frightening. As Onew hesitantly stepped out of the carriage, Jonghyun handed him and umbrella, closed the door, then spoke to Onew.
       "Heh... good luck dude...".
The carriage took off quickly, leaving Onew behind to fend for himself.
       "Wait....!" Onew tried to yell but hesitated to reach full volume. Onew was terrified of the castle that he was considering walking back. Onew's eyes rolled slowly to look at the castle, sending chills down his spine.
       "This job... is not for the faint hearted." Onew whined,"Here we go..".
Onew slowly walked to the castle planning his escape route the whole way.
Once at the door, Onew bravely pushed it open and quickly stepped inside.
When Onew's eyes adjusted to the candle lighting, he was horrified at the view.
       "OH. MY CHICKEN!!" Onew screamed.


Jonghyun sat on his bed, fiddling with his fingers, waiting for Onew to return.
It was finally the end of the week.
There was only one reason why Jonghyun didn't like these week long trips. It's because he didn't get to see Onew for the whole week. So Jonghyun looked to Taemin for entertainment and taking care of Deaner. Jonghyun didn't dare touch the bird. Deaner was a special breed of chicken. He was a mix between a chicken and a turkey. Even thought Deaner was a bird, Jonghyun looks at him like a rival, fighting for Onew's attention. Jonghyun longs for the day to eat Deaner, but he knows Onew will never agree. Jonghyun heard the front door open, so he sat up and looked at the bedroom door with wide and curious eyes.
Onew entered the room soaking wet from the continuous storm raging outside. Onew's feet dragged on the floor causing him to fall flat on his face. He then rolled over and curled into a ball, hugging his legs tightly.
Jonghyun jumped off his bed and ran to Onew.
       "Yah! Are you okay?" Jonghyun said shaking Onew by the shoulders. Onew looked up at him with tired and terrified eyes. Jonghyun noticed Onew had bags under his eyes. It's like he hadn't slept a wink since he went to the castle.
       "Don't make me go back!" Onew cried.
Jonghyun really wanted to know what went down at the castle. Jonghyun grabbed a couple towels for Onew and waited for him to be comfortable. He moved blankets onto the floor for sitting and then waited for Onew's sanity to return.
       "Okay hyung! Tell me what happened!" Jonghyun said.
Onew shivered as the horrible images filled his head.
       "Okay, so I entered the castle...."

_ _ _

       "OH. MY. CHICKEN!!" Onew screamed.
He was greeted by black suits of armor heavily loaded with weapons. He looked around even more, heightening his longing to leave. The carpet was a blood red color and the walls were painted black. Lining the walls were thousands of dangerous weapons and various torture devices. Onew, wanting to leave now more than ever, pressed on.
Onew finally got to the throne room but something was missing. Where is the throne chair?
Because the lighting was so dim, Onew could only find a larger circular design on the floor. Onew, not sure what to do, walked to the edge of the circle and decided to find the middle. Onew started shaking like a leaf with every step.
       "Hm..? Whats this?" Onew questioned aloud as he stepped on something. He bent down to feel what it was.
       "WHAT. THE. CHICKEN?!?!".
Onew realized that he has stepped on a human hand. Once his eyes focused, there was a person laying on the ground.
And he had stepped on her!
       "AHHHHHHH!!!" he screamed like a litte girl. After Onew calmed down a little bit, he noticed that the girl was laying in the shape of a star. Her black dress covered her from neck to toe and her wavy black hair was fanned out. As he leaned closer, he noticed her lips were moving and she was looking straight at the ceiling.
       "What.... are you looking at?" Onew whispered as he stood up. Onew took a deep breath as he looked up at the ceiling. Only it wasn't a ceiling, it was just one huge mirror. Onew could see the girl, but he was terrified at what he was looking at. She was looking right at him, he could feel it. His eyes widened with terror as he noticed that she didn't have eyes. Just two big holes in her head.
       "This job really is for the faint hearted." Onew cried.
       "Oh really?" The girl answered as she slowly stood up. Onew felt faint.
       "Chicken help me." he whispered as he hit the floor.
His whole world faded darker than the blackness around him.

_ _ _

       "THAT WAS ANTI-CHICKEN WORSHIP I TELL YOU!!" Onew screamed as he held Deaner in his lap.
For once, Jonghyun didn't have a comeback to Onew's situation. He was intrigued by this princess and wanted onew to continue on.
       "What happened next?!" Jonghyun almost screamed.
Onew was shocked at Jonghyun's level of curiosity about this princess.Onew eyed Jonghyun carefully as he continued.
       "So then..."

_ _ _

Onew woke up in the morning with a dark shadow looming over him. He blinked curiously at her, afraid to speak.
       "Oh good... You're awake. I thought you were dead.." she said dully,"Wouldn't be much of a loss though. People die everyday."
       "Excuse me?" Onew asked confused.
Whatever she just said, the very thought depressed him. Why would you think about people dying?
       "What-- nevermind.. Why is it so dark in here?" Onew asked.
       "Your eyeballs could fall out of your head from sunlight." she said gloomily.
'What is with this chick?' Onew thought as he made a funny face.
       "Wow... thats a- lovely thought." Onew whined.
       "Not really."
Onew sat up in his bed and looked at her, remembering last night.
       "OH MY CHICKEN! YOU HAVE EYES!!!" Onew screamed as he pointed at her face. She gave him a stupid look.
       "Wow... you are real smart."
       "In the mirror, you didn't have ey-" Onew began.
       "DON'T TALK ABOUT MY MIRROR!" she screeched as she took Onew up by the collar and her eyes started to change to black holes.
       "Okay okay! I'm sorry!" Onew cried.
The princess dropped him back onto the bed and started to walk towards the door.
       "Follow me."
Not wanting to, Onew followed her. He didn't like this princess.
He really didn't like this princess.

_ _ _

       "Good lord, this is giving me the creeps!" Jonghyun announced as he rubbed his arms trying to make the goosebumbps go away.
       "Lucky you didn't have to live it." Onew pouted.
       "It's okay... Pet Dinner.." Jonghyun said.
       "DEANER!" Onew corrected.
       "Whatever.." Jonghyun mocked,"What happened next?"
       "Well, we were walking to the garden..."

_ _ _

This garden was located in the center of the castle. It was dark and thick with plant life and strange creatures.
Onew was most intrigued by what he was seeing.
       "Almost everthing in here can kill you." the princess muttered.
Automatically, Onew squealed, put his hands in his pockets and avoided stepping on any plants.
       "Can't you say something happy?" Onew asked with a hint of hope. He wanted to hear her say something positive.
       "Of course." she said,"I like squirrels-"
      
"Aww me to-"
       "-when they're dead." she laughed.
Onew slammed his palm to his forehead. He gave up on her and it was only the second day!

_ _ _

       "What?! It ends there?!" Jonghyun yelled,"Why?!"
       "I don't really know, I hid out in a room for the rest of the week. It is scary in there!!" Onew whined,"I couldn't even sleep knowing that there was a anti-chicken worshipper in the same castle as me."
       "You idiot. I don't this she is an anti-chicken worshipper..." Jonghyun said as he lightly smacked Onew in the forehead.
       "Well she reminds me of you so..." Onew replied.
       "WHAT?!" Jonghyun screamed,"You brat!!"
Jonghyun tackled Onew, but Deaner didn't like it. Deaner jumped on Jonghyun's face and started biting his nose.
       "DEANER!!!!!" Jonghyun screamed as he threw him across the room.
       "Haha! Hey! You go it right!" Onew laughed histerically.
Jonghyun made a mocking face then decided to get Onew back with his next comment.
       "You know Onew. Tomorrow you have to go back to the castle and say goodbye! You don't want to be rude!" Jonghyun said with a wide and devious grin. Onew's laughter disappeared instantly.
       "Chicken poop!"

The next morning, both Jonghyun and Onew woke up with the sun shining brightly.
       "Wow!" Onew grinned,"The sun is back!!"
Annoyed by Onew's screaming this early in the morning, Jonghyun replied as he threw a pillow at Onew's head.
       "I can see that! Your highness!!! Jeez!". Within the hour, they were already and packed up and heading to the castle.
Once at the castle, they noticed a dark figure with a black umbrella standing outside, waiting for them. When they pulled up, the carriage came to a stop, Onew and Jonghyun got out and walked up to the princess.
       "You are outside!" Onew laughed.
       "Yeah, now my eyes will fall out of my head and my skin will shrivel up." she said in a monotone voice.
       "Well goodbye!" Onew said quickly,"I must go find my princess!"
She smiled at his idiotic enthusiasm.
      
"Don't give up! You lonesome flower. I see happiness in your future..." she said,"... if you live that long."
       "Aww than--" Onew hesitated,"Wait, what?"
       "Just get in the carriage." Jonghyun ordered, obviously disturbed by the princess's comment.
After Onew climbed into the carriage, Jonghyun bowed to the dark princess then rushed into the carriage.
The carriage took off in a hurry.
       "Wow! I'm glad this one is over! I'm glad I didn't pick her." Onew cheered to himself.
       "Yeah, but you still have a few more, so chill out.." Jonghyun replied.
The journey to the next princess has begun.
       "I wonder what the next princess is like!" Onew said with a glint of hope in his eyes as he looked out at the sunny sky.