My Dear Chicken Wife

His Dubuness

       "Don't ever give up! You lonesome flower."
It was always silly sayings like this that people of the Dubu Kingdom would say about their featherbrained king, his dubuness, Onew.


       On a bright day in Dubu Kingdom, the King slumped in his throne, pondering his non-existent love life. His royal advisor, Jonghyun, had noticed the King's unusual behavior. The King let out a long and heavy sigh, triggering Jonghyun to become more curious.
       "You are unusually quiet today." Jonghyun announced.
The King slowly looked up and shrugged.
        "It is nothing." he said trying to avoid the subject.
The King goes back to moping and lets out another long sigh. Jonghyun, now more curious than ever, presses the situation.
       "Seriously dude, whats up?" Jonghyun asked.
After a moment of silence, the King shifted in his seat and finally gave in to Jonghyun's persistance.
       "I think....." he paused,"I need a princess around here."
Jonghyun's mouth dropped open at the King's statement. NEVER would he have thought that the King would ponder on such a subject. The King is always so carefree and infatuated with his chicken that one wouldn't think that he would be worried about love.
       "Are you okay? Are you sick?" Jonghyun asked in a worried tone.
The King totally disregarded Jonghyun's statement and continued on with his thoughts.
       "I need to find my other half. Someone who will laugh with me and share my chicken." he looks at Jonghyun,"Quite frankly, YOU are boring."
       "Onew," Jonghyun squatted next to him,"Do you even know what you are saying?"
       "Yes, I need a girlfriend." Onew replied. Jonghyun chuckled softly and added onto Onew's reply.
       "No, this means you are looking for a wife. Do you know what that means? You are willing to make--"
       "Enough! This talk is too serious. Send out letters to 6 princesses in the neighboring kingdoms." Onew finished.
       "Whatever." Jonghyun shrugged.
Letters were sent out to 6 princesses and soon replies were sent back.
Onew was to have a week with each princess to determine who was to be his new wife.

The next day was spent preparing for their long journey to find Onew's other half.
In the dressing room, Onew sat in front of a three paneled mirror. With Onew's reflection in the middle, he daydreamed a princess in the left mirror and his wonderful chicken in the right mirror.
       "I can't wait to have both!" Onew smiled widely.
       "What?!" his stylist, Kibum, exclaimed accidently snipping off a chunk of Onew's hair. Unaware of what just happened, Onew turned to face Kibum.
       "What?" Onew asked curiously.
       "Heheh..nothing. I just decided to make the back of your hair shorter today." Kibum nervously replied afraid Onew would notice.
       "Okay!" Onew answered unaware that a chunk of his hair was missing.
Jonghyun rushed in and stomped over to Onew.
       "WHERE. IS. DEANER?!" Jonghyun barked.
       "I don't know." Onew replied innocently. Just then, a chicken entered the room, jumped into Onew's lap and hid himself from Jonghyun is Onew's robes.
       "Oh! Here he is!" Onew laughed happily.
       "HOW CAN YOU BE TALKING TO HIM ALL CUTE? THAT CHICKEN POOPED IN MY SHOES!" Jonghyun yelled, making sure to emphasize the chicken part in hopes that Onew would FINALLY decide to eat him.
In reaction to Jonghyun's statement, Onew put Deaner up to his face and turned to Jonghyun. 
     "How can you be mad at him?" Onew said cutely,"He is so adorable!"
Jonghyun's shoulders dropped as he sighed, giving up on the subject, knowing that Onew wouldn't eat his pet.
After Onew's hair was done, the stylist had already packed Onew's clothes for his 6 week journey ahead of him. Onew's servant, Taemin, loaded the carriage with both Onew and Jonghyun's clothes, food, and other things needed for the trip.
Taemin has various jobs. Such as taking care of Deaner, an entertainer, a stable boy and doing little jobs here and there. Quite frankly, he's not very important.

Onew entered the carriage, ready for the trip, waiting for Jonghyun to get in. Taemin packed Deaner's things and put them in the carriage along with Onew and Jonghyun's stuff. After things were secure, Taemin put Deaner into Onew's lap, then climbed onto the back of the carriage. After several minutes of waiting, Onew was getting restless. 
       "WHERE IS HE?!" Onew yelled. A few minutes later, Jonghyun came strolling up to the carriage and casually climbed in. Onew sat there glaring until Jonghyun met his gaze.
       "What?!" Jonghyun questioned.
       "Why are you being so slow? We have princesses to meet! Yet here you are taking your time. Do you not care about my love life? Is your King not important anymore?" Onew cried, dragging on his dramatic speech as if he had an audience hanging on his everyword. Jonghyun in reaction wrinkled his forhead and laughed.

       "Quit talking you chicken maniac!" Jonghyun teased.
Onew looked down at Deaner and moped due to Jonghyun's lack of seriousness, which is questionable because his highness, Onew, wouldn't know the meaning of 'seriousness' even if it hit him in the face. Jonghyun laughed at Onew then yelled to the driver.
       "Minho-ah! Let's go!"
       "Yes sir!" Minho answered.
The carriage took off to the first princess's kingdom.
The search to find Onew's perfect chicken loving princess, has begun.