A Chicken Making Up For His Own Mistake

His Dubuness

       "Onew! You are seriously the biggest idiot I know!" Jonghyun shouted as he held his head in his hands.
       "I know.. but that still doesn't explain why Eun Chae ran away crying!" Onew explained.
Jonghyun raised his eyebrows in disbelief.
       "Yeah.. it kinda does.." Jonghyun replied.
Onew sighed with frustration. He still didn't get it.
       "How so?" Onew questioned.
       "Judging by what you told me, you were supposed to give YOUR lantern to HER. But instead
YOU gave it to ANOTHER girl." Jonghyun paused,"Make sense now genius?"
It finally clicked. Onew felt so stupid for not realizing before. If this was the case, he would have ran after her.
The situation replayed over and over.
       "B-but.. I wrote her name.." Onew's lip quivered as he struggled to speak,"On the inside of my lantern.."
Onew quickly got up and hurried over to a desk that he had set Eun Chae's lantern on. He picked up the lantern  and looked inside of it. Surely enough Eun Chae had wrote 'Onew of Dubu Kingdom'.
Onew fell to his knees and started lightly banging his head on the stand.
       "How could I be so stupid?!" Onew cried.
       "What?" Jonghyun asked.
       "She wrote my name on the inside of her lantern too!" Onew answered.
Jonghyun chuckled. He knew it. Onew and Eun Chae had both fallen in love with each other, but hadn't realized it.
       "Jonghyun! You are my royal advisor, help me! What do I do?" Onew asked, crawling over to Jonghyun.
       "Nuh-uh.." Jonghyun replied as he pushed Onew's hands off of his knees,"You got yourself into this
mess, you're gonna get yourself out. If you really love her, then you already know what to do.."
Onew stood up, looked around the room and sighed.
       "You're right.." Onew replied.
He approached his bags and stuffed his dirty clothes into one of the bags.
      "Prepare to leave.." Onew ordered.
Jonghyun gasped in shock.
       "Onew! This isn't what I meant!" Jonghyun protested.
       "Just do it.." Onew demanded.

Within the hour, they were pack up and prepared to leave Rose Kingdom.
       "I can't believe you are just gonna leave.." Jonghyun said with disappoinment.
Onew sighed and decided to disregard Jonghyun's statement.
       "Minho-ah.. take me to the Rose Castle please.." Onew asked.
       "Yes sir.." Minho answered.
Jonghyun looked at Onew with suprise.
       "What are you planning?" Jonghyun asked Onew, almost smiling.
Onew Deaner's feathers and smirked.
       "You'll see.." he replied looking at the castle in the distance,"I hope this works.."

Every year the lanterns always end up landing in the court yard of the castle. Usually Eun Chae would just throw them away, but this year she wanted to search through them. Eun Chae sat on the floor of her bedroom with her white dress surrounding her and her sandy brown hair falling down onto her shoulders. She was looking through all the lanterns, searching for one in particular. Onew's.
       "Miss, you have a visitor.." one of the house keepers said to Eun Chae.
       "Send them in.." Eun Chae replied quietly.
Ever since last night, Eun Chae had felt empty. Like there was no point to living anymore. It was all because of Onew who had thrown her heart away like it was nothing. All she wanted was to stay in her room and cry. But since she had cried the whole night before, her tears had run out.
       "This way sir.." the house keeper said to the man while approaching her room.
       "Here it is.."
       "Thank you." he replied.
Eun Chae's stomach flipped. She recognized his voice.
       "Eun Chae?" he asked as he stepped in the room.
Onew stood in the door way and looked at her. She looked terrible. Her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks were a redish color and her nose was pink. A pile of tissues over flowed her garbage can and it had even started to fall onto the floor. She even had a tissue box right next to her. Onew knew that she had been crying and it killed him that he was the reason why.
       "What?" Eun Chae asked expressionless while holding a lantern in her hand.
Onew cleared his throat.
       "I am leaving Rose Kingdom and returning to Dubu Kingdom.." Onew said with a shaky voice.
Eun Chae gasped in shock.
       "So..?" she replied.
       "I just wanted to say.." Onew's voice cracked as a tear rolled down his face,"that.. I was happy to meet you and you are the only princess for me.."
Onew wiped his eyes and sniffled quietly.
       "I-i love you Eun Chae.." he finished.
He waited a moment for a reply but decided to leave. He decided that if she didn't want him, he would leave and never bother her again. With this, he knew that he would never marry for the rest of his life and die alone. Eun Chae heard the main doors of her castle shut and she looked up. Tears threatened to emerge from her eyes. Suddenly, a maid rushed into her room with another lantern.
       "Miss!! Is this the one you were looking for?" she asked loudly out of breath.
Eun Chae stood up and rushed over to the maid, grabbing the lantern out of her hands. Eun Chae scanned the outside of the lantern and found Onew's name written sloppily under a little chicken that he had also drawn on there. She angled the lantern so she could see inside and surely enough she looked at who the lantern was to. Onew had wrote: 'Eun Chae The beautiful princess of Rose Kingdom'. The tears that had built up in Eun Chae's eyes fell down onto her cheek and landed onto the lantern.
        "H-he does love me!!" she smiled.
She dropped the lantern, gathered her dress and ran out her bedroom door. She raced down the stairs and quickly opened one of the large doors. She stepped out onto the cold cement and looked around frantically for Onew's carriage. He had just started to climb into the carriage and her heart almost dropped. She
leaped off the small platform and started to run as fast as she could down the drive.
       "Onew!! Wait!!" she yelled as loud as she could.
She could see him reach for the door to close it.
       "Onew!! Wait!! Please stop!!!" she screamed louder.
He poked his head out of the carriage and rubbed his eyes.
       "Eun Chae..?" Onew asked under his breath,"Jonghyun look!!"
Jonghyun smiled.
       "Go get her you chicken maniac!" Jonghyun smiled.
Onew jumped out of the carriage and ran towards Eun Chae. He caught her in a hug and she started to cry into his shoulder.
       "I love you too Onew!!" she said to him.
       "You're not mad at me anymore?" he asked.
She pulled her head back and looked at him.
       "Of course I am, I just don't want you to leave.. I couldn't bear it if you left without me!" She smiled.
       "Wait.. You mean.. You are gonna come with me?" Onew asked with excitement.
       "Of course I am! I am your future princess am I not?" she replied.
Onew was overwhelmed with happiness. This was the first time that one of his plans had actually worked out.
        "Wow.. this is so great!!" Onew laughed.
       "Don't let it go to your head!" she laughed with him.
Eun Chae was grateful to have waited so long and to finally end up with Onew. She reached up and pulled his head down to hers. They shared a small kiss and both blushed like children.
Onew coughed.
       "Uhm.. let's go and uh.. get your things.." he said awkwardly.
       "Okay!" Eun Chae laughed at him.
Eun Chae entwined her fingers with Onew's as the two of them walked back up to her castle.
Jonghyun watched out the window at Eun Chae and Onew. He felt kind of upset that the journey was finally over and Onew had solved his own problem. But he was also proud of Onew.
       "Looks like the lonesome flower found who he was searching for after all.." Jonghyun smiled as he tilted his head back and closed his eyes. It was to be a long journey and with three people sitting inside, plus a chicken, it wasn't going to be comfortable.