Chicken, Same Word Different Meaning

His Dubuness

       Relaxation. Jonghyun's favorite word. No Onew, no Deaner. . . . . No Onew.
It's a bright Tuesday afternoon and Jonghyun is having the time of his life.
He is sitting in a comfy chair with his feet up on a matching stool, and his dinosaur slippers on his feet. Jonghyun had his eyes closed and his fingers tingled from the chill of the cup of iced tea in his hand.
Jonghyun was sure that in the castle, Onew was having the time of his life. To be honest, Jonghyun was a little sad that the search was finally over.
       "Hm....?" Jonghyun blinked as he lifted his head,"What was that?"
Jonghyun heard the front door squeak open. Jonghyun set his tea down and stood up from his chair.
A little upset, Jonghyun barked,"Yah! Taemin.. I told you....!"
Onew entered the room and stopped in the doorway avoiding eye contact with Jonghyun.

Let's take a minute to look at Onew's outfit:
Onew's pants are a shiny black, and made out of black feathers. His boots are a yellow color with matching feathers along the top. His shirt is a creamy white color with sleeves shaped like wings, and all made out of feathers. Around the neck are dark brown feathers drooping down. His hat is most entertaining. At the top are are dark brown feathers sticking up. To hold the hat down are red strings tying under his chin. At his ears, where the red ties start, are red feathers hanging down from each side. Onew, who looks totally ridiculous, is dressed like a chicken.

       "Wha--" Jonghyun's voice cracked. He was filled with all sort of emotions. He was angry because his relaxation period was interrupted, by an idiot. He was confused as to why the idiot, Onew, was home now. But he was also about to laugh histerically because the idiot, Onew, was wearing a goofy outfit.
Onew rushed passed him saying,"We have to leave.. NOW."
Shock overwhelmed Jonghyun.
       "Why?" he questioned.
Jonghyun quickly walked after Onew. What exactly happened at the castle?
       "Hyung! Tell me!" Jonghyun said as he grabbed Onew's arm.
       "Okay..." Onew said nervously as he looked out the window for guards,"But you must pack too!".
       "Alright." Jonghyun agreed as he started to pack.
       "Let me start from the very beginning..."

_ _ _

It is very bright this day, and they are just approaching the third kingdom.
       "Onew look!" Jonghyun yelled.Onew stuck his head out the window and a huge grin appeared on his face.
They were both looking at the flags. It was white and the emblem in the middle is a golden chicken.
       "CHICKEN!!!" Onew screamed.
When inside the town, all Onew could see was chicken. Houses were shaped like chicken, all shops had 'chicken' in their name, people were out walking their chicken. At stores, people were selling chicken feather pens, sweaters with chicken shaped embroidery on them, and also chicken shaped candy.
       "Hmm.. I see chicken... But I don't smell chicken," Onew questioned to himself,"Oh well! This is the place for me!".
The huge grin and laughter of Onew filled the atmosphere of the carriage, putting Jonghyun into a good mood as well. Several times Jonghyun had to pull Onew back into the carriage because Onew had either leaned too far out or because Onew attempted to get out.
       "Will you chill? We are almost there!" Jonghyun laughed while trying to be more serious.
       "Okay, but I'm still looking out!" Onew said.
They pulled up to the castle driveway. It was a huge circle. In the center was a gigantic golden statue of a chicken.
Onew's jaw was wide open.
       "WOW!" he said.
The carriage came to a stop, and Onew looked at Jonghyun with huge puppy eyes. Jonghyun smirked and rolled his eyes.
       "Go ahead."
Onew didn't hesitate another second. Onew flung open the door and jumped out. With that, he skipped with great ambition making his goal the castle. Once he reached the door he smiled and squealed like a little girl entering a cupcake shop.

_ _ _

       "Wait..!" Jonghyun said as he lost attention in what he was doing. His suitcase fell from the stand and landed on his toe.
       "AH S--" Jonghyun started to yell.
       "SHOOT!" Onew finished for him.
       "Whatever..." Jonghyun rolled his eyes.
       "What's the problem?" Onew asked curiously.
       "I already know all this stuff... I was THERE." Jonghyun answered.
       "I know.. that was the happy part of the kingdom!" Onew said with a hint of sadness.
Jonghyun's forehead wrinkled in confusion.
       "What happened next?".
Once again, Onew looked out the window and sighed.

_ _ _

      
"Even the door handles are chicken heads!" Onew grinned widely to himself.
Once inside the castle, Onew looked around.
       "Wow! This is amazing!"
The walls are made of white marble with golden trim and the carpet pathway is a royal red color. 10 feet apart were golden chicken statues. But these ones were magnificent. They were chickens taking the shape of a human. Of course they had all their chicken-like qualities, but they were standing on two legs, with arms and hands too. They were dressed like gods and made out of solid gold. Several of them were wearing togas with crowns make out of vines. Onew is so amazed at this kingdom, that he can't even form words to describe what he is feeling.
When he reached the throne room, the princess was sitting in the chair, waiting for Onew's arrival. Her dress was made of pure white feathers and silk making Onew even more speechless.
       "Hello King Onew!" the princess greeted with a beautiful smile.
'Even her voice is perfect!' Onew thought.
       "Uhm.. Are you okay??" the princess asked. Onew realized what happened. He had fallen to his knees as he looked around, admiring the room. Everything was either chicken shaped or chicken related.
Onew finally found his voice as he said,"Your kingdom is amazing!!".
The princess laughed sweetly,"Thank you!".
As the day went on, the princess showed Onew around the castle. Everything from doorframes to silverware was either gold plated, or related to chicken in some way, shape or form.
Onew was most excited for dinner. He sat ready for a table full of smoked, boiled, fried, baked, and grilled chicken to be layed out in front of him. The chefs opened the doors to the kitchen, Onew's eyes widened with exctiement but it dropped instantly.
 
_ _ _

       "What were they carrying?!" Jonghyun screamed.
Onew pretended to start crying,"Grains and oats! Rice and corn! Ya know, stuff chickens eat.. Then finally dessert. There was NO CHICKEN!! NO MEAT!! NO HUMAN FOOD!!!!!".
Jonghyun covered Onew's mouth after he was done and let out a huge, irritated sigh.
       "Onew..." Jonghyun spoke softly,"I'm two feet away from you.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SCREAM!!!" he yelled.
Onew trying to contain his laughter, made a funny face and said,"Sor-ry!".
Jonghyun rolled his eyes dramatically and added,"Well?".

_ _ _

Onew woke up on Tuesday with the princess pounding on his door.
       "Yah! Wake up!".
She barged into his room with a stack of feather clothes in her hands and a huge smile on her face.
       "Look! A feather outfit to match mine!!" she cheered.
Onew dropped his head onto his pillow grumbling as the princess pulled him out of bed. Onew stood in front of the mirror with a disgusted look on his face as the princess cheered and danced around happily.
       "I look stupid..." Onew whined with a hint of anger in his voice.
The princess still protested,"No you don't! If you are going to be future king here, you have to match me!".
Onew's face filled up with even more disgust at the princess's statement.
'Who said I'm gonna pick you?' he thought, shooting the princess a glare.
Luckily the princess didn't see his face, but throughout the whole day, the princess kept making comments like that.

Onew was growing tired of this princess. After 3 days of bland grains, dry oats, steamed rice, and hard corn, Onew was getting really tired of this food.
He slowly looked up at the princess as she ate happily. Onew's grip on his fork loosened as it fell out of his hand and onto the floor. The princess looked up.
       "What's wrong...dear?" she said cutely.
       "Where is the meat?" Onew asked firmly.
       "Huh?" she questioned, trying not to know what he was talking about.
       "Where is the meat? You know... Cow! Pork! CHICKEN?! Your country is revolved around chicken, yet you don't eat it.. WHY?!" Onew screamed.
A little bit irritated, the princess's eye twitched and she uncomfortably shifted in her seat.
       "Well, we praise animals, and enjoy them living. Chickens above all! The Chicken is our god! It brings us togther, you know? Onew, the Chicken King!" she smiled with a hint of anger at his suggestion to eat the chickens.
       "Are you people crazy? Chicken is amazing to eat! And above all else, I DON'T WANT TO BE A CHICKEN! 
I WANT TO EAT A CHICKEN!!" Onew shouted at the top of his lungs. He was sick of not being able to eat chicken.
Feeling quite proud of himself, Onew looked at the princess, and then squealed in fear. She was staring at him with a dangerous glare and her face was bright red.
       "Get OUT!" she yelled.
       "What?" Onew asked blankly.
       "GET OUT YOU ANTI-CHICKEN WORSHIPPER!!" she screamed.
Afraid the princess would attack him and decide to eat him, Onew ran out of the castle, not turning back for a second.

_ _ _

       "And thats what got me here..." Onew said as he closed his suitcase.
Jonghyun set his bag on the table and sighed.
       "I think she's blind.. You really do look ridiculous!" Jonghyun said.
Onew looked at him with his 'serious' face. Without a moment of hesitation, they bursted out laughing.

As they loaded up into the carriage, Jonghyun asked,"So hyung.. did she tell you anything important?".
Onew smiled,"Yeah.. 'Don't give up! You lonesome flower. Even if you are a no good, sadistic, dimwitted,
anti-chicken worshipper, son of a half witted !
' She's crazy right?".
       "Yeah, she sounds like a real featherbrain!" Jonghyun replied.
Onew and Jonghyun laughed histerically as they shut the door to the carriage and headed to the next country.
       "I hope she won't mind us being a little bit early!" Onew laughed innocently.