Intelligence Barrier

His Dubuness

       The door to Onew and Jonghyun's bedroom opened slowly as Onew groggily walked through. His mind was so empty that he forgot to close the door. Jonghyun sat in a chair across the room. He watched Onew walk across the room to his bed. Despite his effort, Onew's shoes wouldn't come off his feet. Standing at the edge of his bed, Onew flopped onto his mattress with extra pillows falling off the sides. Onew's face had landed on his pillow. His arms, along with his legs, were sprawled out across the mattress making it impossible for another person to even sit. Jonghyun, amused at Onew's entrance, got up and closed the door, then walked over to Onew to see what the matter was.  As Jonghyun got closer to Onew's bed, he could hear whining. Once at the bed, Jonghyun leaned forward and listened. Onew was whining into the pillow!
Jonghyun, trying to keep his cool, choked back his laughter as he said,"Hey handsome~~."
Onew lazily lifted his head up and replied,"I know.. but you are not helping."
       "Whats the matter?" Jonghyun asked.
       "It's been a whole week with this princess and my brain is fried!" Onew whined.
       "Haha! Why is that?" Jonghyun smirked.
       "I don't understand her! She keeps speaking long words like 'philosophical' and 'onomatopoeia'. She does 'calculus' when she eats! I don't even know what that is!"
Jonghyun's facial expression went blank in attempt to face palm but decided it wasn't worth it.
       "It's math you nincompoop!" Jonghyun said,"Honestly! How can you be our King if you don't even know what 'calculus' is?". Onew looked down from embarrassment. Knowing how to do 'calculus' wasn't a requirement to become King. So why did Onew have to learn it? Or even know it's meaning?
       "Anyways..." Jonghyun blurted out as he broke the awkward silence.
       "Anyway!" Onew said as he bounced back to his bubbly self,"This is what happened on the first day..."

_ _ _

Onew had just stepped out of his carriage. He was happy that this kingdom was only a few hours away.
        "Good luck Onew!" Jonghyun called out the window as the carriage took off to the village. Onew's eyes widened as he looked up at the giant and beautiful castle. Onew smirked at the size of the castle.
       "Heheh... It's not as big as my castle...... My chicken castle!" Onew said to himself as he laughed histerically at his own lame joke,"I crack myself up!".
Onew began walking to the front doors. He took time to look at the beautiful designs on the handle before opening the door. Onew's hand touched the knob and he was shocked at how cold it was.
       "Woah...! It's like no one has been here in ages!" he said aloud. He turned the handle and entered the castle. While walking down the long hallway to the throne, Onew noticed huge statues of men and women. Although he didn't realize it, they were statues of famous scholars from all over. Separating the statues on both sides were huge book shelves going all the way up to the ceiling. Books filled every spot possible, and some shelves were even overflowing onto the floor. Onew looked around in horror due to all the knowledge around him.
       "Who would torture themselves like this?" he questioned aloud.
Sitting in the throne was the princess and she had her nose in a book. The golden throne was surrounded by a sloppy pile of books. Onew was afraid to even speak to her.
       "Uhm.. hello... are you the princess?" Onew asked carefully. The princess acted so caught up in her book that it seemed like Onew was being ignored.
       "Hey....!" he shouted lightly. The princess turned her head towards him.
       "Hello my fine gentleman. How are you on this glorious knowledgable afternoon?"
Onew felt really uncomfortable with her long words and formality.

_ _ _

       "That was awful!" Onew yelled,"You can't even begin to know how awful it was!".
Jonghyun tried really hard not to laugh at Onew's stupidity.
       "So what happened later that day?" Jonghyun asked to stall his laughter.
Onew's face expressed that he was still upset, but nevertheless, he continued.
       "Nothing really happened after that. But let me tell you what happened today!".

_ _ _

Onew was sitting on the far end of the long wooden dining table. He sadly chewed on cold toast and bits of bacon wishing he had delicious, juicy chicken in front of him. On the opposite end, the princess sat happily sipping her tea and enjoying a new book. Onew, once again feeling ignored, wanted to make his presence known.
       "W-what are you reading?" he asked cautiously.
       "I am enjoying my early morning calculus! It feels fantastic to fill my brain with wonderful and difficult algebraic and trigonomic equations!" she replied happily.
Onew, sick of hearing about books, knowledge, and everything smart, dropped his head on the table quietly to himself as the princess gladly finished her book, ignoring what she just said.
Later that day, Onew and the princess were taking a walk through the garden. The princess started bragging about how she could list every scientific name for all the things in the garden. Onew zoned out because to be honest, he didn't really care anymore. 
       "You aren't the girl for me." Onew said aloud hoping the princess would ignore him as usual.
The princess, for once, stopped talking, turned to Onew and said,"What??"
       "I came here to find my princess and you are not her." Onew explained.
The princess let out a long hard laugh.      
       "What?! Did you actually think you and I were to have an actual romantic relationship? I think not! My education, knowledge, sanity, AND vocabulary supercedes yours in every way imaginable! The only prince I need is the one in my books. Not some fake, low matinence, unintelligent prince. You are just a thorn in my pathway to all knowlede." the princess replied in a harsh way. Onew didn't understand most of what she said, but he could figure that she was a rude and ill-mannered princess. Before she walked away, she chuckled.
        "A thought comes to mind." she turned back to Onew, "Don't ever give up! You lonesome flower. You will find her." The princess left Onew standing in the garden. Even though he didn't fully understand the situation, Onew couldn't help but comment even if she couldn't hear him.
       "Prince? I'm a KING!!"


_ _ _

Jonghyun laughed histerically.
       "IT'S NOT FUNNY JONGHYUN!!!" Onew snapped. Jonghyun, trying to control his laughter, snorted in his hand. Onew let go of his anger and gently put his head down on his pillow. Jonghyun's laughter calmed, then he looked over at Onew. Jonghyun noticed Onew had started sniffling and tears were forming in his eyes. Jonghyun, confused about what was happening asked,"What now?".
       "I'm never gonna get a princess!" Onew sobbed.
       "Okay drama King, just because you didn't get her this time, doesn't mean you never will. You still have five more princesses to go."
Onew felt relieved to finally have someone speak at his level.
       "Okay. Yeah. You're right." Onew agreed,"I'm just glad THIS week is over."
       "I couldn't agree more."

The next day, after Onew said his goodbyes to the princess, he got into the carriage with Minho, Taemin, and Jonghyun all ready to go, with Deaner sitting comfortably in his lap.
       "Princess number two, HERE WE COME!" Onew said confidently.