Wasn't it?

When Krystal is with Amber

It was a normal summer day. They decided to go out and enjoy it. While Amber was looking around at the buildings in the street l, Krystal would check occasionally her cell phone. They decided to  walk in the pedestrian walkway in the middle of the avenue. There weren't many cars and it was almost silent in the everyday busy avenue. 

 

"Are you going to the gym?" Krystal asked and put the phone back in her purse

"Yeah"Amber nodded" Why so interested suddenly?"

 

Krystal smiled and opened her arms.

 

"I'm tired. I want a piggyback" 

 

Amber just giggled. Krystal would show her spoiled side when they were out. It was a pretty rare side for the normally independent girl and one reserved for her closet ones only. Amber kneeled down and the younger girl hopped in.

 

"Happy, your Majesty?" She asked mockingly

"Pretty much, horsie"

 

They continued walking like that. Eventually Amber would speed up to scare Krystal and she will smack her head back. Amber enjoyed having her on her back and those times she will ask her for a hug. Krystal wasn't the affectionate type and she would never ask you for one hug or kiss. She would come to her with arms opens and would expect her to do the same. She liked to initiate it and would feel uncomfortable if the other part was touchy or didn't respect her personal space.

 

 

Amber understood that...

 

 

 

Krystal was like a open book for her in some way. It took her time and a lot of patience to make the princess warm up to her. It wasn't an easy job. Krystal would show a friendly exterior but didn't like it when someone get too nosy in her opinion. It was funny in some way.

 

Krystal would her she was difficult. Amber would tell her it wasn't like that.

 

Krystal would tell her that everybody lost her patience with her. Amber would just laugh at it and tell her that it wasn't like that.

 

Krystal would tell her that she was bad person for answering in a harsh tone her male friends advances with her. Amber would tell her it wasn't like that.

 

 Krystal would tell Amber was nosy but she will still answer Amber's infinite question games.

 

Amber wanted to see Krystal as just a friend but...

 

 

 

 

 

...it wasn't like that.

 

 

 

 

She knew it too well. 

 

 

 

They were almost near the park. Krystal asked Amber to put her down. It was almost 10 o clock after all and they were about to part ways. Amber looked at Krystal by the corner of her eye. The younger girl was busy texting someone.

 

Normally she will keep the phone in her bag when they were together. It was a silent rule that Krystal made. After all, she was the phone addicted. So this situation was not a regular one.

 

"A friend says he lives nearby and is asking me to wait for him. What do you think?"

 

Amber just gave her a blank expression and buffed internally.

 

Friend? Riiight. As if anybody who only wants friendship would do that.

 

"I don't anything with him more than friendship" Krystal excused herself

 

Amber just lifted a eyebrow. This was an usual situation. Krystal was really pretty. Guys would come up to her easily and ask her out but still, she was single.

 

The short haired girl knew the reason...

 

 

They will just get near for a pretty face. None of them took the time to know her at all and well, Krystal wasn't so eaaaasy to know to be honest.

 

 "Ok"

 

Krystal pouted " Aren't you going to say anything else?"

 

Amber lifted eyebrow. In some way this was making her feel weird"Just gonna take my buss then"

 

"You can be so... so.."

 

She knew Krystal didn't like when her answers were short but well, she didn't like when she was around guys like that either!

 

"I will go with you until your buss arrive"

"You don't need to"

"Of course I do" she said jokingly "I will be the man" 

 

Amber just rolled her eyes. Her bus wasn't coming and looking at Krystal so entertained texting wasn't helping to her good humor.

 

"He said he is here" Krystal said without looking away from her phone

"You can go you know. I'm fine by myself"

"He can wait. I'll wait for you"

 

Amber would gladly accept that if her attention wasn't on the phone. Her face showed she wanted to go.

 

"Krys" She called "Go"

 

Krystal looked up to her a little annoyed

 

"I told you I'll wait for you. Stop asking me to go"

"But you are in a hurry, right?" 

 

 

Amber felt annoyed for some reason and Krystal was being unreasonably stubborn. She wouldn't get mad if she goes to her friend first

 

"He can wait. I want to keep you company meanwhile" she answered and went back to use her phone.

 

Of course. She said that but she was not paying her attention at all. She said that but if it wasn't because of her "friend", she would be the one waiting for her.

 

 

"JUST GO ALREADY!" Amber snapped and shouted at her

 

"I DON'T WANT TO!" Krystal looked up to her mad 

 

The two looked at each other directly. Amber buffed and looked away while Krystal when back to her phone.

 

 

This was...ugh

 

 

 

The older girl saw her bus and mentally thanked. She came close to Krystal to say goodbye and put her hand on the girl's arm to catch her attention. She felt  Krystal's body tensing at the touch

 

Amber felt guilty.

 

 

She gave her a brief kiss on the cheek and  without giving her a second glance, she hop in the bus.

 

Amber sat and sighed.

 

 

 

 

She felt like an idiot.

 

 

 

 

 

She would normally listen calmly to Krystal talking about boys. Everything cool so

 

 

 

 

 

...WHY DID SHE SHOUT AT HER?

 

 

 

 

 

 

She feel like an idiot!

 

Why did she even react like that? She was most of the time in a good humor, making jokes, having a good time so..

 

 

 

... What was that?!

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, a thought crossed her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IT WAS JEALOUSY, WASN'T IT?