Happy Day, Princess

When Krystal is with Amber

 

I was at the entrance of the corridor. I could see a lot of people walking in a hurry carrying flowers, trays of foods, etc. They seemed so immersed in their labors. I started walking inside the big room slowly. I could see all the oppas of the company busying checking themselves up in the mirror trying to fix the smallest detail that could ruin their suits. I giggled. It’s not their big day but they are acting as if it was. I continued my walk. I found Snsd’s unnies arguing for who has more in the front.

I smiled. Even though they weren’t that young anymore they kept acting like kids. I was so immersed in my thought that I didn’t realize that my feet led me in front of her door.   I hesitated. I didn’t want to open it because…

…behind was the person I loved the most

I bit my lips. I didn’t want to see her. My heart was already broken enough. Can it break more? No. I think it’s not possible. I turned to go the room again but I was too slow. The door already opened.

‘’Soojung! Why don’t you enter to see her? ’’

Mrs. Liu looked at me with her shining eyes. She couldn’t hide her happiness and I couldn’t ruin that. I smiled weakly and entered the room. She closed the door behind me. I didn’t want to look at the girl in front of me but I couldn’t ruin her day so I lifted my head and…

…my heart stopped beating.

 

In front of me was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. The dress fitted her body perfectly. Her hair was neatly tied into a bun. The bridal veil pushed up letting me seeing her face. I leaned my body on the door. I think she hasn’t noticed me. She started to spin around with the dress... checking herself up immersed in her own world of happiness.

 

While looking at the girl I loved…

…my mind wandered back to the days when we were young…

 

Since the day we met until the day our group disbanded…we were together.  You were like some kind of plague. Always calling me ‘’princess, princess’’, arguing together, comforting each other when one of us were sad, playing games…

Without knowing…. being with you was an everyday thing. Even though there were days we couldn’t see each other in person…the cell phone would be ringing instead.

It is fun how things changes…don’t you think? Back when were young you said that you will never use a dress for your wedding but in front of me you were happy because of one. You also said that I will always be your princess and you will always be my servant but…

You know? I am princess whose servant has left her…

I felt empty…

You don’t belong to me anymore…

But…did you belong to me in first place?

It was stupid of me to think that you will always be there. Also it was stupid to come even though I knew this was going to kill me and it’s slowly doing that.

How I wish I’m the one who is marrying you. But wishes don’t always come true and…

…this is one of them

 

Should I tell you how I feel? Should I kiss you and tell not to marry him because this girl you called ‘’princess’’ is madly in love with you? Should I…?

 

No

 

Because I will never ruin your happy day. Crap. My sight is getting blurry… I don’t want to be here anymore…I don’t want…

‘’Princess! You are here!’’

You shouted happily as soon as you noticed me. You came running in my direction with your arms open and hugged me tightly.

I tightened my arms around your waist. Not wanting to let you go ever again and as soon I feel your warm… I couldn’t stop my tears and I hid my face in the crook of your neck. I inhaled your scent deeply... maybe this is the last time I will do it.

‘’Even though you are a big princess now, you are still a crybaby’’ She jokingly said

‘’And you are still a stupid’’

She chuckled because of that. She broke the hug and took my face in her arms. Slowly her thumb caressed my cheek.

 

 

‘’You look horrible’’

 

 

Agh….Stupid!…she can manage to ruin the most beautiful moment…

I pouted and gave her a little punch on the stomach

 

 

‘’Just kidding. You’re always stunning’’

 

She smiled at me and came near. I could feel her lips on my forehead, on my nose, my cheeks… After she stopped…we were only a few inches apart. I looked at her eyes. She was looking at me deeply…I could feel her eyes fixed on my lips…

 

 

 

 

‘’Darling! It’s time!’’

 

 

 

Mrs. Liu’s voice woke us up from the trance and we broke apart. The door opened and there was Mr. Liu smiling proudly and next to him, her wife who couldn’t contain her tears anymore. Next to them was Vic-umma and Luna-unnie. The rest of guest should be on the church by this time.

 

‘’You should get going, Amber’’

 

The stupid looked at me surprised. Yes. Because I don’t normally call her by her name. But you weren’t my stupid anymore…you weren’t my servant anymore and this was my way of letting you go…

 

‘’He’s waiting for you’’

 

I faked my smile and took your hand like the old times. The hand which I used to hold. I squeezed a little and gave it to your dad.  You started walking with your parents but when you were only and inches apart of the ceremony’s room…you stopped to see me one last time…

 

I waved my hand and smiled at you sweetly

Goodbye, my stupid princess…

 

You smiled back and disappeared…

 

I can’t bear it anymore…

I started crying...I couldn’t control my tears anymore…not even my body and I fall on the ground…shaking…

Umma and unnie hurried to where I was. They hugged me tightly and comforted me like a kid who has scrapped her knee….but it wasn’t my knee….it was my heart…

 

‘’Why, umma? Why I didn’t tell her?’’

 

I asked stupidly when I already knew the answer…

‘’I’m a coward’’

 

Do you know what you make me feel every time you are near?

I don’t think you do and…you will never know…

 

‘’I love you, stupid Josephine’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

Well it was indeed a happy day for....Amber xD 

Aish I love stories when the tittle said something and the end is totally different ;D 

Talking about that, you should check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdUiCJnRptk 

It surprised me A LOT xD