Confrontation

Courage and Confession

 

Krystal's POV

 

 

 

Stupid stupid stupid.

 

I was cursing myself and tried hard to be able to go to sleep but my bird brain kept on having a fight with my heart.

 

 

Amber was about to kiss me. I'm sure of it. And she mouthed 'I love you', my fluffy heart said.

 

But she was literally on drug as she mouthed it, my brain said. And beside she MOUTHED it, you don't really hear it. Since when are you an expert in lips reading?

 

 

Just shut up, brain!

 

I'm trying to protect you from getting hurt, heart. I'm trying to protect US from getting hurt.

 

 

 

 

This is frustating! I kept turning from side to side, 4.30 am and I still can't sleep. I have a press confrence schedule tomorrow at 8:30. Ever since Amber got hurt because of me, a lot of radioshows and TV-stations invite me to tell my side of the story. CEO Kim was on the phone with me the other day. He told me, this whole thing boosts our popularity and I should play along as the hurt victim and Amber was the hero who put her life in danger to protect her member.

 

 

I refused at first, but he insisted. I don't want people to remember us like that, I want people to recognise us for our music. But CEO Kim is the president, what he said is an order and he can't be wrong. I don't like him, I like Uncle Lee much better.

 

Uncle Lee thinks of us as humans, CEO Kim thinks of us as source of his income. Everything is allowed as long as it brings him money. I know a lot of us are tired being under SM after Uncle Lee retired, but we are a family. Our relationship with each other is what kept us to still work under SM.

 

 

I don't want to sale my relationship with Amber to gain popularity.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung... wake up“

 

Ummmm“

 

Soojung!“ I feel someone is rocking my body

 

Get away! I'm sleepy“

 

Jung Soo Jung! Wake up, you have a schedule“

 

 

I whined as Jess Unnie pulled my blanket.

 

Let me sleep“

 

You can't. You have to be in studio in 2 hours. Now go wash yourself“

 

I rolled away from her and curled on the edge „10 more minutes“

 

Soojungie...“

 

Oh Unnie, I don't even have to wash my face, the more miserable I look like, the more CEO Kim is going to be happy about it“

 

I know you don't like doing the interview, Krys, but you know how CEO Kim is“

 

 

I lazily dragged my body out of my bed. I looked myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. Eye rings, great, i look like a malnourished panda.

 

I wish the interview will be over soon and I get to see Amber today.

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

The one interview turned into two and three, our manager cellphone didn't stop ringing that day. I got more than a dozen interview offers. CEO Kim ordered him to report for every offers, and I ended up doing interviews until late. It was already 5 pm as I was finished and I have a break till 8 pm before I start with another interview.

 

I sighed and asked our manager to drive me to the hospital. As I got there, Amber was asleep. The nurse had to give her another shot of the pain medication. Nobody was in the room. I walked towards her bed, sat myself next to her bed. I took her hand.

 

I miss you“ I rested my head on her bed.

 

Still holding her hand tight I fell asleep next to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber's POV

 

 

Something is different today, I feel so secure, so safe. I opened my eyes and found Krystal fell asleep while holding my hand.

 

I didn't move, I didn't want to wake her and just stayed like that while watching her sleeping.

 

 

I smiled remembering our trainee days. She was just 14 as I met her. She was the only one who I can talk to because my Korean was so bad (It's still bad, but not THAT bad). I remember the day we went for a walk in Apgujeong, some guys hit on her. I put my hand around her waist and pretended to be her boyfriend. My heart was about to explode that day, having her so close to me.

 

 

 

She stirred and lifted her head. I chuckled seeing her eye rings, she looks like a cute panda.

 

 

Hey you“ I said

 

Hey...“ she said groggily.

 

Not had enough sleep?“

 

She nodded.

 

 

Did it rain?“

 

She shook her head and said „No“

 

If it didn't rain and no thunder bothered you, why couldn't you sleep?“

 

 

 

She hesitated a little before she said „Because I was thinking about what you said last night“

 

I frowned „What did I say?“

 

You don't remember? After the nurse gave you the injection?“

 

Umm I'm afraid no. What did I say?“

 

She looked disappointed „Nevermind“

 

What do you mean nevermind? What did I say, Krys?“

 

 

 

Did I unconciously say I love you? Because I do.

 

 

 

Just forget about it“

 

No, now tell me“

 

It's not important“

 

You won't brought it up if it wasn't important“

 

It's really is nothing. I thought I saw you said that you...“ she stopped

 

I what?“

 

She bit her lower lip „That you l----“