Realization

Forbidden Game

Jungmin tapped Yoona’s head and stared at her teary eyes.

“Everything’s gonna be fine. There must be a reason why donghae did that.” he said.

Yoona sighed as she shook her head.

“Come on.” Jungmin pulled her hand.

“Where are we going?” She asked.

“I’ll get you home.” He replied.

 

Yoona swayed her hand away from his hand. She shook her head and frowned.

 

“I don’t think I can face him yet.” She bowed her head slightly.

 

“What are you planning now?” --jungmin

 

“I don’t know.” --Yoona. “maybe I want to be alone.” She gave Jungmin a fake smile.

 

“But--” Jungmin looked worried.

 

“I’m okay, don’t worry too much. I’ll get over this in no time.”

 

Jungmin sighed and nodded. He left Yoona even though he didn’t want to.

Yoona walked until she reached the side of the ocean. She tried to hold her tears and smiled but that only made herself cry more. Her tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks and started to hit her head.

 

O~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~O

It was 2:00 in the evening and Donghae was sitting in front of Yoona’s house. He waited and waited for Yoona until

someone tapped his back. It was Yuri and smiled.

 

“What are you doing here in the middle of the night?” Donghae asked.

 

“I was looking for my cat.” She said as she sat beside Donghae. “How about you?”

 

“Waiting for Yoona.” He replied. They remained silent and just sighed until Yuri began to speak.

 

“You know, my cat was very sweet. He was always there for me. I know he was. But I didn’t notice that and instead I kept on ignoring him, only to find out that he’s now gone. Sometimes you will just notice someone’s value when they are gone.” She smiled at him but with her sad eyes. She stood and sighed heavily as she stretched her arms. “Well, I have to go and find him now.”

 

“But he’s already gone. Do you think you can still find your cat.” He asked.

 

“Should I just let go of something important?” Yuri smiled and left.

Donghae felt pain inside him as if he was in Yuri’s place.

He suddenly remembered Yoona, the way she smiled at him, the way she nagged, the way she cried and their memories together. He stood up and tears flowed down his cheeks. He walked slowly then he began to walk faster and faster until he was running. He ran crazily looking for Yoona everywhere. Finally he saw Yoona standing at the seaside covering her eyes .Her back facing donghae.

 

‘What if Yuri was right?’

‘What if I might regret

‘What if she won’t forgive me?’

‘What if he will leave me.. Forever?’

‘Can I..’ He breathed heavily ‘live a life without her?’

He walked towards her while trembling. ‘Should I just let go of something important?’ Yuri’s voice echoed in his head. He shook his head and walked towards Yoona. But before he reached her Yoona screamed.

 

“I HATE YOU STUPID FISH! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THIS! WHY DO I HAVE TO LOVE YOU!?? I REALLY REALLY HATE YOU!!!” she shouted not realizing that Donghae was listening at her.

 

Donghae stood stiff and was shocked. “Do you really mean that?”

 

“NOW I CAN HEAR YOUR VOICE!! AM I CRAZY NOW?!!” She shouted not noticing Donghae was really behind her.

 

Donghae pulled her and hugged her from behind. “If you are crazy , I would like to be crazy with you.” He smiled.

“It’s okay if you hate me. You can hit me as many times as you want. But DON’T LEAVE. Gajima.” He held her tighter and rested his chin over Yoona’s shoulders. “Because..” he pause for a while and whispered “I love you”.

“Please, I am so tired of your stupid tricks.” She tried to push Donghae away but that made him hug Yoona tighter.

“If I that is one of my tricks I will not be here saying I love you. But I am. And I will be more that willing to receive punishments. Just don’t leave me.” -- Donghae.

 

Yoona was speechless and her jaw remained dropped.

 

“If I could just turn back time, I will ask you to become my girlfriend and not a fake one. Do you think it’s too late for that?” --donghae

 

Yoona shook her she cried in joy.

 

It was 4:00 am when Donghae carried Yoona back home. He laid her in the bed and kissed her goodnight and left.

 

O~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~O~~~O

 

Next Day >>

Yoona woke up smiling with her hair totally messed up. She stood up and danced like a ballerina until she reached the mirror. She smiled like crazy and began to talk to herself.

 

“Yoona, you look amazing.” She said and leaned nearer to the mirror. She pouted as if about to kiss herself when someone busted trough her door. She fell to the ground and immediately stood up.

 

“Yoona!” Yuri panted.

 

“Yuri ah!” She replied.

 

“What’s with your hair? Is there a typhoon in your room last night?” Yuri asked.

 

“Uh” She combed her hair with her fingers. “Never mind that, why are you here?”

 

“Ah. Uh, wait, I forgot.” she scratched her head.

 

Yoona hung her head and stared at Yuri who was trying to remember something.

 

“Ah! I remember it now!!!!” she shouted.

 

“What is it?” Yoona asked curiously.

 

“I found my cat!” She smiled

 

“Why? Was it lost?” Yoona asked.

 

“Yes it was.” She tapped Yoona’s shoulders “Tell donghae that I already found my cat.” And she left.

 

Yoona smiled and shook her head. “Geez”

 

 

 

She checked her phone and found a message and it was Donghae’s.

 

 

 

 

Yoona, pack up some clothes. I’ll pick you up at 8, see you later alligator. I love you my pretty big mouthed alligator. --Donghae

 

 

 

 

 

 She pouted and smiled.

 

She checked the clock and it was already quarter to 9. She panicked and ran to the bathroom.

 

 

After 15 minutes Donghae finally arrived and knocked at Yoona’s door. She opened the door and saw Donghae bringing a bouquet of red roses. He handed it to Yoona smiled.

 

“Where are we going?” She asked.

 

“You’ll see.” He pulled Yoona and opened the car door for her. So they went off.

They traveled about 2 hours and when they reached their destination, Yoona was fascinated on what she saw.

 It was like a paradise where she can find peace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Yoona smiled to her eyes as they walk. She was pacing back and forth, trying to catch butterflies with bare hands. Donghae stared at him with an palpable happiness in his face.

 

 

“Yoona!” He called.

Yoona turned her gaze to him.

 

“Over here” he pointed into a house. A not too big but still a mesmerizing one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 She walked towards Donghae and chuckled “Wow.”

 

 

Donghae offered his hand and Yoona reached for it. Donghae was about to knock on the door when he noticed that it was opened. He opened it wide and he walked inside slowly still holding Yoona’s hand. They heard a glass broke. They immediately ran and followed the noise, only to find out that the kitchen window was broken and heard someone shout.

 

“Aigoo!! Not again!” An old woman’s voice said.

 

Donghae and Yoona went outside the house and into the garden. The saw an old woman and man arguing.

 

“That’s your fault again!” The old woman placed her hands in her hips.

 

“No it’s not! It’s obviously your fault!” old man shouted.

 

“If you caught it, that won’t happen!” old woman replied.

 

“How do you expect me to catch it if you threw it sideward?” old man argued.

 

Donghae and Yoona were staring at them then stared at each other.

The old woman finally noticed them.

 

“Omo! Donghae ah~! Is that you?” she asked.

 

“Ne~ Halmoni” He replied and pulled Yoona with him. They walked towards her. He hugged them very tight.

 

“Donghae ah~ you’ve grown so much. I’m so proud of you!” the old man tapped his shoulder.

 

“Nope. I’m still your boy Haraboji.” They all laughed. “ah! Halmoni, haraboji , this is Yoona. My girlfriend. Yoona , my halmoni and haraboji.” He said.

 

“Nice to meet you, ma’am , sir!” She bowed.

 

The oldies both laughed. “What a nice girl. Very respectful. But you don’t need to do that. Since you are our boy’s girl you can call us halmoni and haraboji too.” halmoni said.

 

“Really?” she asked happily.

 

“Yes.” haraboji replied.

They went inside the house. Yoona and halmoni prepared tea as the two man sat at the couch.

 

“So how’s Donghae’s life?” halmoni asked Yoona.

 

“He’s fine. He’s hard-headed though.” She chuckled.

 

“That good to hear” Halmoni sighed.

 

Yoona tilted her head slightly to the side.

 

After a while they served tea and found not two but four guys playing video games in the living room.