Request : specialXangelX0410, Chae Ae ft. Moon Junyoung; So?

Bucket Full of Oneshots [Requesting Closed]

 

Title : So?

Ratings : PG-13

Genre : Romance, Comedy

Characters : Chae Ae (OC), Moon Junyoung (ZE:A), Chae Yoon (OC)

Pairings : Chae Ae/Moon Junyoung

Summary : A school nerd. A school kingka. An unlikely destiny.

Author's Note : hope you guys like this story. I write this story between my busy schedules. Thanks for your supports. :D

 

 

 

 

                So Junyoung failed his Science paper. So Mr. Kim, Junyoung’s Science teacher, was mad at him. So he had to go for tutor with some geeky student. So what? Junyoung doesn’t give a damn about it. He would just skip that class and no one would care. Because he is the most powerful student in the school. He almost controls the school. Why? Because he’s the kingka and no one dares go against him.

                Junyoung doesn’t care if he failed another test or just flunked the school altogether. He had the money, his parents’ money to be precise, but those cash could support ten generation of his family. So why not he help spend some of his family’s enormous fortune? Who cares about school when he can go anywhere in the world with anyone he wanted living in the most posh rooms and never even have to work? So to him, a tutor class was just another playtime. He doesn’t really have to learn anything; he would just force the kid to do his work for him. Like he said before, NO ONE dares go against him.

                Now, that’s where Junyoung was wrong. True, no one dares go against him except one person. A girl, to be exact. She’s the nerd in school, with long skirts instead of a usual short one that teen girls like to wear – that if the girls are s – and big glasses and braided pigtails. Nothing elegant about her even if she does wear a skirt. She was braver than others because she had gone tough situation a lot before and to her, a guy like Junyoung was easy as pie.

                “No! If the same symbol came together, it became positive even if it’s negative!” she slapped Junyoung’s head with a rolled newspaper. “How many times must I tell you that?” Junyoung winced in pain. “How would I know that? I can’t even understand this question. It’s stupid.” Whack! Another slapping came. “The only one stupid here is you.” She gritted in annoyance. And I thought that guy before him was more annoying.

                “Yah!” Junyoung jumped up in anger. “Do you know who I am? I’m the kingka in this school. How dare you hit me?! Do you want to be hunted for the rest of your life? One click of my finger and you could vanish from this earth.” He looked at her in arrogance. But the girl didn’t care about the threat. She had received more deadly than that. “So? I’m already being bullied at.”

                Junyoung gritted his teeth. Aish this girl. “Yah!” he called but she glared at him and make him turned silent. “I have a name and it’s Chae Ae. So don’t call me ‘yah’ for no reason.” He gulped. Okay, rule number one, always calls her by her name or she’ll kill you with her death glares. “Okay.”

                Chae Ae looked at her wristwatch and gasped. She quickly grabbed her things and put in her bag and stood up. She looked at Junyoung and said, “I need to go. We’ll continue tomorrow.” She hastily walked out of the library and left Junyoung alone. He looked at her until she was gone. “Well that was fast.” He said to himself. He whistled while looking around the library and left the room with no hesitation. It was good that Chae Ae was out of the way because Siwan held a party tonight and he knew one thing for sure that he lack and need to find one fast, a hot date.

                The next day, Junyoung made sure he arrived early for tutor class because he had learned his lesson yesterday. Rule number two; never be late if you don’t want to taste her fist. So he waited for about fifteen minutes for her and spends his time daydreaming about the hot date he brought last night. Damn, she was y. Junyoung doesn’t know how he got her last night because as far as he can remember, he just called out in the middle of the street for anyone to be his date and then, dozens of ladies came at him and he randomly pulled one into his car. He smirked and praised himself, you’re so good-looking, Junyoung, no one can resist you.

                Except one person.

                “Evening.” Chae Ae greeted him as she passed by him and sit in front of him. She put a medium-sized box in front of her, between them two. “What’s this?” he turned the box on his hand. “Cupcakes. So we won’t be hungry today. I remembered you kept on nagging about food yesterday.” She simply said while opening a textbook. There were no feelings or emotions in her words. It was ice cold.

                Junyoung smirked. “So you weren’t different like other girls. You can’t help but fell over me.” He wanted so much to laugh at her if not for his ego and this girl’s temper. Suddenly, he yelped in pain and quickly contained it when he realized the librarians were staring at him. “That’s for putting me and the other girls on the same level.” She said. He nodded while biting his lips. Rule number three; don’t compare her with the others if you still want to walk on two feet.

                After two hours of tutoring, Chae Ae stashed her belongings inside her bag and said to Junyoung, “We’re done for today. See you tomorrow.” And she left him again, alone and hastily. Junyoung pursed his lips. Something came through his mind. Even though it’s been two days but he realized something weird about her. She always leaves hastily every time they had tutor class. He’s not trying to be a stalker or nosy but he thought, wouldn’t it be fun if he followed her and find out what she’s been up to. Well, she might be meeting her boyfriend or something – but who would want her? – But what if she had something else hidden? Like if she was a serial killer or a ninja or a spy? Won’t that be awesome?

Not.  Who cares what she does. Junyoung had the whole evening to him and he wanted to just head out and party.

                Junyoung head to his shiny black convertible; the latest, coolest, hottest and fastest car of the year. And he just bought it last month, paid full. He wasn’t into cars or the engines or the speed or anything. He just likes this kind of perks to woo the ladies. And it proves to others that his economy status which was no doubt, very much stable and rich. Besides, the salesgirls at stores and jockeys at car parks would treat him with extra treatment because of his appearance. Everything was easy for him who was born with a golden spoon in his mouth.

                As he passed the school field, he saw a familiar small figure but very different than what he had saw before. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail and she was wearing a sport outfit. Junyoung stopped his car to get a better view of her. The school field was fenced by cement walls with long holes going downwards aligned vertically. He peeked at her through the holes. She was doing push ups and he was surprised at how different she is – meaning she doesn’t act like a nerd.

                Junyoung automatically canceled his plans and went inside the field by jumping over the wall. He landed with a loud thump but it didn’t bother her. She kept on with her activity. Junyoung decided to mess with her a bit since he found something amusing about her.

                “I don’t know geeks knew how to exercise. I thought all they know was to study.” Junyoung said sarcastically as he walked closer to her. Only then, she realized someone was there that was not supposed to be there. She stood up and wiped the dirt off her pants. He looked at him frowning. “Why are you here?” he shrugged while smiling playfully. “I don’t know.” Chae Ae ignored him and ran around the field. She was hoping he will be gone by the time she finished three rounds but Junyoung was still standing there under the tree, grinning. She felt like slapping that grin off his face so hard, he’ll need a plastic surgery to make him beautiful again.

                She went towards him and shooed him. “Go home. You’re disturbing me.” Junyoung smirked. “But I want to stay.” She sighed and shrugged. “Fine. Whatever. Just stay out of my way.”

                Just as she left Junyoung under the tree, more people started to come to the field. One person, then two, three, and then half of the field were filled with people. They made a marching block facing at six other people. They all bowed at them respectfully and what was surprising to Junyoung was they bowed at Chae Ae too. Isn’t she a geek, in someway a loser too, so why are they giving respect at her? Isn’t she was hated by people at school?

                As time goes on, Junyoung found everything that was happening in front of him very interesting. He found out, that Chae Ae was the Vice Band Major of the school’s marching band. Aside the students that have steady bank flow and are the biggest school fund donor like him, the marching band often wins competition that offers thousands of money and invited to functions that are willing to pay them luxuriously. So, the school took a few percent of their income into the school fund which is quite a large amount of money. Therefore, the marching band members are the second most popular in school. Even if you were a member, you were welcome by the school. So, if you were among the higher committee member, pointing out that Chae Ae is a vice band major, you were practically worshipped. But Chae Ae wasn’t welcomed, worshipped or even liked. So something must be going on, right?

                They finished very late and Junyoung wasn’t enough with his findings. So he wanted to follow her home but suddenly, someone came hugging him from behind. “Oppa!” a girl wrapped her arms around him and made him turn around. She was smiling slyly and kept on rubbing against him shamelessly. Junyoung tried to remember the girl because he swore there’s too many of them that he can’t keep track of anyone. However, he didn’t show his confused look at her. It’s a Casanova rule. Whoever throws their selves at you, never show your uncertainty. Just enjoy what you get. Guess he needs to forget about Chae Ae or whatever he was doing just now.

 

                It was Saturday night and Chae Ae was in a car heading back home from a fair. It was her weekly routine and she had fun like always. It was not because of the fair, it was average actually – she was getting bored of it, anyway – but it was the person she went with. She looked to her side at the person who was driving. He wore a white shirt with white pants and white specs. He was white from head to toe. He was very angelic that night, no, he was very angelic everyday. And she was jealous at him because of that. She wasn’t very nice to start with, and her fashion sense was never in any fashion guide. At least the ones that were labeled vintage had their fashion listed in some magazines. She was awkward, green shoes with yellow socks, black shirt and pants with lavender scarf. It was a fashion disaster, tsunami and earthquake, on her.

                “Chae Ae-ah.” He called. However, his eyes were still focusing on the road. Chae Ae looked at him, smiling and feeling giddy when he called her name. “Yes, oppa?” “I noticed someone had been following you lately.” He said in a worried tone. She frowned and denied him. “Who would want to stalk me? Are they trying to get a taste of my fist?” she fisted her knuckle. He laughed at her action. Omygod, my little sister is soo cute. “Well, you should be careful. Nowadays, crime happens on anyone.” He said as he patted her head. She smiled widely until her eyes turned to a straight line. She felt like a little puppy wanting its master’s attention. “Don’t worry. I’m a black belt for a huge reason.”  He nodded while smiling. “Of course. That’s why you’re my sister.” Chae Ae’s heart went light and she felt like it had left her chest because all she felt was nothing except pure happiness. She loves her brother, because he is so kind and understanding. He’s soo handsome she felt like protecting him when girls tried to win him over. He is Chae Yoon, the best brother in the world and the only guy in her heart.

               

                It’s been more than a week now since he’d been stalking Chae Ae. Call him weird but it was so much fun. This girl is like the living example of perfect. She’s a smart student – Junyoung doesn’t want to use the word ‘nerd’ on her anymore because she wasn’t exactly in the category of a nerd – she’s in the marching band, she play sports – and wayy fitter than him – and some guy picked her up from school in nice car - but of course, not nicer than his. During the tutor class, he kept spacing out because he was thinking about who the hell is the girl in front of him? She would scold him and quite a number of times, he were slapped or stepped on because he couldn’t concentrate. It would be easier to just spill out what he had been doing but come on man, a guy so proud like Junyoung couldn’t possibly be confessing that he admits a girl is better than him. That’s like, no way.

                Even so, today he continues his activity which is now could be considered as his pastime. He even skipped all the coolest party that he always been invited to and ditch s just to sneak on Chae Ae. Junyoung didn’t notice this but since he started stalking her, he had left all his bad social life behind. It was like Junyoung became good even though he was doing something bad whenever he’s with her. It was like a spell or something. The closer you get to her, the nicer you’ll be.

                “Okay, goodbye oppa.” Chae Ae said, smiling from ear-to-ear, and sounded very girlish. Then, she hung up. She was standing at a bus stop waiting for the next bus and Junyoung was just behind the big decoration trees. He was clenching his fist tightly when he heard she spoke like that to some other guy. No, Junyoung did not like her but he felt offended when she treated someone else and him differently. He wanted her to treat everyone the same. Wrong. He wanted her to only treat him. But he doesn’t want to accept that fact even though his heart stopped beating whenever she smiled even if it’s not for him.

That’s the actual reason he stalked her continuously. He could stop if he wanted to. He could get any kind of girl that’s way hotter than her without chasing. He could but he didn’t because he couldn’t stop himself from trying to know more about her. And more importantly he wanted to know so badly the guy that always makes Chae Ae smile so bright.

Chae Ae entered a bus when it stopped by the road. The bus was full but she entered it anyway. In the busy metropolitan city, waiting for an empty bus is like waiting for the flowers to bloom during fall. It’s possible but it’s hard. So she pushed herself between other on-boards and grabbed hold a metal pillar. As the bus moves, she sways from side-to-side following the bus’s movement. It was crowded and she felt uncomfortable. She felt like screaming in there because she hates crowded places. The only reason she took the bus home was because Chae Yoon couldn’t pick her up. He had an appointment with his important client that wanted to invest in his small café. Chae Ae couldn’t do anything but just took an alternative way. She doesn’t want to risk her brother’s café over her. She knew other than her; the café is the most precious thing her brother had. He formed, established and opened the café all on his own without anyone’s help and he took care of the café like it his own child.  

Suddenly, she felt a rough and warm surface against her back. She tried to ignore it counting the possibilities for people to accidentally touch her in the crowded bus. But she felt weird when the rubbing didn’t stop, so she turned around and was shocked when in front of her stood an old man, maybe in late 40s and half bald. He was grinning when he saw Chae Ae’s face. Usually, erts like him would have stopped when their cover was blown but he didn’t because he knew he had the advantage in the crowded bus over a high school girl. Yet, Chae Ae wasn’t just any average high school girl. She smirked at him while scanning his figure to mark where she would kick him. She had fisted her hands and positioned herself steadily. Just as she was to hit him a hand caught the old man’s hand and pulled it away from her. He pulled it up and glared at him straight through him. The old man cringed in pain and he let him go. As if he understands what that guy was thinking, he slipped through the passengers, moving further away from them.    

“You should have just screamed you know?” Junyoung said after the old man went out of sight. Chae Ae was stunned at the same time mad. “I could have kicked his balls and taught him a lesson or two. If not for you.” He laughed meekly at her. “Even if he’s old, you’re just an easy opponent to him.” she grunted. She hated when people looked down at her and think she’s weak. Even though people at school hated her but they never looked down on her because she’s capable of anything. They’re just jealous – to make it simple. She grabbed his hand and gripped it tightly. He winced in pain. “Now which part was I weak?” she said at him, smirking. She was satisfied that she was able to prove to him that she’s not.

Suddenly the bus hit a bumper and the passengers bounced upwards. Junyoung who wasn’t holding anything at that moment leaned in front and barely manage to grab a pillar to hold on to. Chae Ae had her hand in front of her, preventing him from getting closer. After he was steady, he backed away from her and saw her eyes closed. When she opened her eyes, she saw him grinning. “What?” She frowned at him. “You weren’t that tough apparently. In the end, you’re just similar to other girls.” She glared at him. “What does that mean?” she asked. But he didn’t reply because the bus driver announced that they have reached Chae Ae’s neighborhood. He wasn’t going to anyway. “We’re here.” Junyoung said. She looked at him confused. “How did you know?” she asked but he didn’t give her time to think. She pushed her out of the bus and they stood under the bus stand.

“How did you know I’m stopping here?” Chae Ae insisted for answers but Junyoung wanted to play games with her so he answered playfully while walking pass her. “I guess.” She ran after him. “Hey, I ask you…” she pulled his hands so that he faced her. Suddenly, everything moves slowly around her. The surroundings became slower and slower. The man riding his bike and the lady walking with her dog moves slower and slower. And soon there was nothing there except Chae Ae and Junyoung. Both staring at each other’s eyes and not moving. She realized this. In fact, it had happened since a few days ago. It was something that came automatically, something she can’t prevent and can’t explain. She quickly snapped out of her imaginations. Junyoung was looking at her in confusion. She let go of his hands while grunting. Then, she walked away. Her steps were fast because she wishes to leave that place as soon as possible.  

Junyoung looked at her as she walked away. He, too, was stunned. Because he also had experienced the same thing as Chae Ae. It was weird and different to him because he had never been through it before. Usually, it’s the girls that felt like what he felt now. And all the time, only one party felt that way. He felt everything around them became slower. And then when there’s no one around, only them breathing in the vast space, he looked at her eyes. So deep, he can see her dark brown eyes, with a thin line around her pupil in dark blue. It was beautiful, so breathtaking, he forgot everything around him. The world, the people and even how to breathe. He wanted to look at those eyes forever and never feel satisfied. He was in a complete trance, a peace and calm trance where he would live in there forever. Until, Chae Ae walks away. The world where everything was so beautiful vanishes and unleashed the reality where his happiness wasn’t his – yet.

 

The breeze is getting colder as fall nears its end and winter is just a few days away. The trees had completely changed from luscious green to dry wood in a few months. The scenery had changed throughout the fall but some things never changed. Junyoung was still going for tutor class with Chae Ae. But it was with a different atmosphere and feeling. They were awkward around each other. He had rarely played around with her and she had rarely hit him even though he did wrong.

“I…” the both of them said. They looked at each other and looked away when their eyes met. “You first.” they both said together again. Junyoung coughed. “You first.” he said at Chae Ae. She bit her lips and said, “I think we’re done for today. It’s getting late.” He nodded and packed his stuff. “Okay.” He stuffed his things inside his bag hurriedly and then helped her with her things. She looked at him and let him helped her. Their hand brushed against each others lightly but both of them pretend nothing happened even though their heart skipped a beat. They’ve been like this for a few weeks. They hang out with their own cliques – Chae Ae had her own too, her friends from the band, but she didn’t brag it because she doesn’t want people to look up to her because of her position (that’s what Junyoung found out) – they do things they normally did but whenever they met, they acted differently. He would helped her whenever they met – which is weird to his friends because Junyoung doesn’t help people – and she would let him even though she doesn’t like people helping her before. They blushed, their heart racing and thumped hard but they never took it serious. They’re not sure if they should.

Chae Ae stood in front of the main hall’s door. The wind was blowing very hard and even under layers of clothing she wore, she still felt the coldness. Chae Yoon was out of town, so she had to walk home or stay at school, counting there was no way she could walk through the cold wind. Suddenly, Junyoung appeared in front of her, in his black car and the driver’s window pane rolled down. “Need a ride?” he asked. She hesitated. Ride his car or stay at school? Which one is worst? Chae Ae sighed. She had no choice but to take his invitation. She wouldn’t want to spend a night in the school. It’s scary.   

“How was band?” Junyoung tried to open a conversation. “We won’t be having practice this winter. Principal restricted us.” Chae Ae answered. Then, it was silent again. He stole glances at her and sneakily smiled. She was beautiful under those big glasses – he thought. “Junyoung.” She suddenly said. He looked at her from the corner of his eyes. “Why are you acting so different?” she asked. “Different?” “You helped me with my things. You didn’t mess with me anymore. What’s the deal?” “No deal. I was just trying to be kind.” He answered. “Or are you just trying to play games around me?” Junyoung pulled the brake in front of her house. “I’m not.” He stated. “So why are you messing with my feelings?” she said almost cried. “I’m not messing with your feelings.” He said, looking straight into her eyes. Chae Ae becomes nervous when he stares into her eyes. The slow atmosphere happened again.

Junyoung hold Chae Ae’s hand and move closer to her. He kissed her lips and they both felt their hearts thumped faster and faster and soon, both became one sound. They could hear fireworks and smell flowers of beautiful scents. They both know what does that means. Junyoung pulled back and said, “I mean this for real. I like you.” Chae Ae didn’t blink. She could still taste the remaining sparks on her lips. She likes it and wants it more but she wasn’t sure with her heart. Her mind was against her heart. She looked at Junyoung for a brief and then stepped out of the car and into the house. Feelings. She hates feelings. Because she was always unsure with feelings. She looked through her room window at the car that slowly left the house. Unconsciously, she touched her lips. She remembered the feeling when her lips touched his. Damn feelings.

 

The final week before exam, Chae Ae had totally avoided him. She wasn’t in tutoring class. She wasn’t in the canteen when recess. She wasn’t in the library too. Junyoung was clueless as well as pumped up. He couldn’t find her so he decided to leave a note in her locker. He looked at her locker one last time on the last day before he went for exam next week. He’s determined, one way or another, he’ll meet her again and make her proud.

Chae Ae opened her locker and a small piece of paper flew down to the ground. She picked it up. She read the note and smiled. Tears started to form. If not for other students present at the moment, she had already kneeling and crying on the floor. She folded the note nicely and kept it inside her shirt’s pocket. Where it’s near to her heart.

 

On the first day of exam, Junyoung came to school early and prepared. All the hard work he done for the past three months, would be tested today. If not for himself, he’s doing it for Chae Ae. To make her at least happy for him once the result was announced. When he sat on his chair, he found a small cupcake under the table with a note. He opened it and it was written Good luck! He knew it was Chae Ae by just looking at the writings. He smiled widely. So she read his note. He tastes the cupcake and smiled even more. It was kiwi flavored, the one that she always brought for tutor class. It brought many memories. He looked at the card and cupcake in his hands. Wait for me, Chae Ae.

The next day, another cupcake was placed under his table. So were the next and the next. The cupcakes were placed under his table everyday throughout the whole exam week together with a note. It made Junyoung more enthusiasts to excel his papers. Two weeks had passed since the exam and today was the day where they will announce their marks. As soon as the teacher posted the last paper, all of the students swarmed the board. After a few minutes, some came out smiling in victory while some cried. Junyoung took a long breath and searched for his name on the board. When he found his name, he looked at the grade and then cried loudly. He got straight As for heaven sake, he got straight As. He was delighted, happy and over the moon. He ran outside to look for Chae Ae. He wanted to share his awesome news with her. He looked everywhere but couldn’t find her. His smile faded. The marks he got weren’t as great without her.

Just as he thought, his sacrifices weren’t worth it, a voice came from behind. “Congrats.” He turned around and saw the same girl with big glasses and cute pigtails. She was smiling at him. Junyoung swore he felt like picking her up and kept her inside his room so that she won’t go away again. “I saw your grade. Impressive.” She said while nodding. He couldn’t utter any words to say anymore. He was just too delighted. So he hugged her tightly. It shocked her as it came unexpectedly. She was afraid if other people would see them in such situation. But they were too busy celebrating their success, nothing else matters. When, Junyoung let her go, she finally was able to breathe but she was caught off-guard when he kissed her. She was stunned, but soon managed to relax when the same nice feelings came. She pulled him closer and they didn’t care about anyone else around them except themselves.

He pulled away and smiled at her. “I love you.” He said while panting for air. Chae Ae smiled back at him back. “I love you too.” Junyoung is ready for another round of make out but another presence made him turned angry. “Chae Ae! I saw your mark. Congratulations! I knew you could do it.” He patted her head. “Oppa!” she hugged him. “You came!” “Of course.” He hugged her back. In a blink of an eye, Junyoung pulled Chae Ae away from him and glared at the guy dressed in white. “Who are you? How dare you hug my girl?” He held her hand tightly. “Junyoung. It’s not what you think.” Chae Ae tried to explain. “He’s…” “I’m Chae Yoon, Chae Ae’s brother.” He said, smiling. And instantly, Junyoung’s face dropped. Oh no. He bowed at him lower than his waist, almost kissing his knees. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” He apologized. Chae Yoon pulled him up. “It’s okay.” Junyoung looked at him confused. Chae Yoon laughed. “Since she’s your girl, I expect you to bring her back safely and before midnight.” He said lastly before kissing Chae Ae’s forehead and left the school. She glared at him when her brother is gone with her eyebrows raised. Junyoung grinned. “Sorry.”

                So, Chae Ae is a nerd. So, she wears big spectacles and side pigtails. So, she weren’t popular. So what? She had Chae Yoon, the loving, understanding and good-looking brother. She had Junyoung, the handsome, rich and everything nice boyfriend. Most of the pretty girls in her school don’t even have one of both. Call it’s unfair, so…?