Request: SujuLoverr, Chan Ji ft Lee Kikwang; Bet with Benefits

Bucket Full of Oneshots [Requesting Closed]

 

Title: Bet with Benefits

Ratings: PG-13

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Characters: Lee Kikwang (BEAST), Chan Ji (OC), Jang Hyunseung (BEAST), Yoon Doojoon (BEAST), Yang Yoseob (BEAST)

Pairings: Kikwang/Chan Ji

Summary: Chan Ji the usual tomboy and Kikwang the silver-tongued player have been friends since there were four. Upon a bet that Kikwang and his piers decided on, he slowly fell in love with Chan Ji. So as her, but was blinded by a pretty-faced sunbae.  

Author’s Note: This story didn’t take as long as the previous ones to be done with. I’m sorry to SujuLoverr that I accidentally skipped the part where you requested ‘Chan Ji knew about this dare and played along with him.’ I’m soooo sorry. And to be honest, the ending was longer than that, taking on another different scene but I had to cut it short because this story is exhaustingly long. Anyway, I hope all of you would like it. ^.^

 

 

 

 

The Monday morning was as sunny as it always was. The busy cars that roam the street driven by workers who reluctantly go to work even though their mind are still back at home, under the comfortable covers, and the students that was hassling with studies, be it in high school or universities. In everyway, Monday is the hated day of all days. The appearance of it or just the mere mention of it will bring the sound of misery out of anyone. Worst, it could make anyone become as grumpy as the troll under the bridge. And out of all days, Kikwang had to choose the grumpiest, worst day out of all to come in late. Not by a few minutes late, but by hours late. While being late is one thing, he also had to come up like a wasted drunkard, hair going everywhere and surely wearing yesterdays outfit.

No one could blame the lecturer if she were so damn furious that she threw the whiteboard marker pen at him and screamed her lungs out, so sick of him being late and finally pushed him out of the class and closed the door with a loud bang.

They actually had half an hour left before their class is over, but because of the lecturer was so furious and distracted, she left the class early but not forgetting to add extra homework for them as a, “Payment because your dear friend had to ruin my day,” she said. And so, when she stomped off, Kikwang with that ugly smirk on his face came in and slumped down on one of the chair near his friends, ignoring all the stares the others gave because they had to be responsible of what he did.

“Who is it this time?” Doojoon patted his dear, half awaken friend’s shoulder. He, precisely all his friends, knew there’s no other perfect, suitable and logical reason why Kikwang was late that day. It was because of a girl – sometimes girls - and if he wasn’t vomiting love-drunk-Romeo-and-Juliet lines at girls on his way, he was sleeping his morning through after a very long and lustful night.

“Kira,” he answered while stretching his arms and putting his legs on another chair. He smirked while his pink lips, an obvious sign he slept with her. The others raised their eyebrows, interested with his reaction. He realized that, so he said, “We do it again, this morning.” And everyone went ‘Ooo’ and grinning.

“Dude, hook me up with her,” Dongwoon tugged Kikwang’s arm. He simply shrugged, “I’ll try…” but someone suddenly came and kicked him off his chair, cutting his words. He fell down hard with‘Oof’. Everyone stared at him in pain and somehow could almost feel his pain. His chest was stepped onto and he grunted, very pissed off but it suddenly dies out when he saw the one who had been trying to kill him.

“Yah, what have you done?!” Chan Ji cried. She pressed her legs harder on him because she was so mad at him for creating trouble and not cleaning up the mess. Ooo… if only he wasn’t her friend and didn’t know him that long, he would have been dead.

“What?” Kikwang sighed, feeling dizzy after the hit. She bent over and pulled him by his shirt. “You…how dare you come in here late, made the teacher mad until she gave us extra work while you…” she gritted her teeth, “You walked in happily and bratty.”

“But, there’s a…” Kikwang tried to explain but she cut him off. “So what if you slept with a last night? It doesn’t matter with any of us,” she cried, completely aware of what he had done that night. “So next time, spare weeknights for no or you’re dead when that ever happens again,” she tugged his shirt. He nodded and gulped, scared of that fiery eyes. She yanked her hand away and left the class.

Everyone that was still there stared at both of them for a moment, a few of them pleased with her act, some doesn’t care and some looked at sorry Kikwang, then went back to what they were doing.

“Hey, are you okay?” Doojoon asked, held out his hand for Kikwang to grab it. He took it and got up, grunting because of the pain, “I’m fine.” He wiped any dirt off him and slumped back on the chair. “Is she okay?” Yoseob asked, looking at the door. Kikwang shrugged, “She’ll be fine. She’s always like that.” “Does she like you?” Yoseob bluntly asked, and that rang Doojoon’s idea bell. “No way, we’ve known each other too long. We’re like a family,” Kikwang denied. “But that’s what’s interesting. A level harder,” Doojoon smirked, raising his eyebrow.

Kikwang squinted his eyes at him, “What are you playing?” he asked. Doojoon sounded like he had a brilliant idea, sometimes a bit degrading but most of the time is always rewarding. “I don’t know, about 100 thousand?” he shrugged. “Alright, 100 thousand,” Kikwang agreed. “Chan Ji, 100 thousand, and a week,” he declared, just so everyone got the detail right.

“I can do it in three days,” he snobbishly said because after years of being the perfect Casanova, he knew that no girls could resist him after three days of hitting, seducing and just the right words. “Just for back-up,” Doojoon said, sounding like he was underestimating Kikwang’s ability. He was challenged and that is something that he couldn’t stop himself from accepting it.

“Deal.”

 

“That sick bastard,” Chan Ji clenched her fist as she walked down the hall. She was pissed with him because the whole class had to do extra work because Kikwang came late. She hadn’t even finished the previous assignments, not to mention her other classes, and the pile won’t lessen. Even after beating him up just now, she still can’t get over it. And most likely, he didn’t feel guilty or repent. “I’m so gonna kill him,” Chan Ji imagined that she was strangling him. He was out of breath and felt guilty for what he had done to the point where he decided to not even look at girls.

Suddenly, Chan Ji hit someone, since she didn’t look front. “Urgh…” she grunted. The guy she ran into stepped back from the impact. “Who the…” she cursed but immediately stopped when she looked up and saw the beauty in front of her. “I’m sorry,” he said, frowning as he looked at her. “I…” she stuttered, too mesmerized by him. “Are…are you okay?” he said, worried. “You’re not hurt, right?” Chan Ji shook her head, while trying to make sure she is still standing on the ground.

“Good,” he said, relieved. “I’ll go now then,” he smiled at her then walked pass her. Chan Ji gripped her shirt and gasped. Her chest felt heavy like a big boulder sat on it but it wasn’t painful, in fact, it felt…nice. So is this how love feels like? – She thought to herself. Then, she turned around to see that beautiful guy again but he was gone. Chan Ji’s face dropped instantly.

“Where did he go?” she unconsciously said.

 

It was Tuesday night and Chan Ji was busy in the kitchen, cooking dinner for herself and lazy Kikwang. Since, Kikwang is living alone and they’ve known each other since like ever, she was scouted as his maid or sometimes cook from time to time. If anyone’s been wondering how he managed to live by himself without his family, let’s just say he is a sweet talker. And so sweet enough to make Chan Ji’s parents agree to have her help around ­– Chan Ji called that human labor – the house too. So, this is just like any other nights that she had to come over, cook for him, clean for him and then spend the night there. Out of all the hustle, she could still find time for her studies and that’s why she’s mad at how ignorant and lazy Kikwang is because compared to her, his life is full of leisure.

“Can you set the table?” Chan Ji cried from the kitchen. Kikwang might be lying down on the couch and watching the TV right now and doesn’t give a damn. A few seconds after, she heard shuffling sound coming and it gets louder as it came nearer. Knowing that it was him, she quickly started her lecture. “You should at least help me. This is your house. Why am I the one…” she stopped talking when he held her waist and stretched across in front of her to reach for the plates on the shelves. He was so close…she could smell his perfume. Then, when he had taken the plates, he pulled back and purposely let his lips brushed by her cheek. She was stunned. That was something that he had never done to her but it felt…

“What are you doing?” Kikwang suddenly cried. He walked closer and she stopped breathing. He held her hand that was holding the spatula and turned the meat on the pan. “It’s going to get burned,” he casually said. Chan Ji looked at the pan and sighed, “Oh.” She thought it was something else. She thought… no, that can’t happen. She quickly turned the stove off and placed the meat on a plate. Then, she placed the plate on the table. Kikwang had already sat. She also sat down and began to eat. Their dinner was silent and not as noisy as it usually is because Chan Ji kept spaced out and Kikwang’s attempt to open a conversation was a fail. In the end, she quickly picked up all the dirty plates and cleaned them and also rejecting his entire offer to help.

Finally, when she had done, she went into the living room and sat on the couch. She thought everything was just her thoughts. She was delusional. “Are you okay? You look sick,” Kikwang bent over, closing the distance between them. “I’m…I’m fine,” Chan Ji said. “Really?” he placed his hand on her forehead but she quickly pushed it away. “I’m just tired…I think I’ll go to sleep,” she said, quickly stood up and went into his bedroom to search for the comforter she usually sleep on. But she couldn’t find one. “Where’s the comforter?” she cried from his room. “I sent it to the laundry,” he suddenly walked in. She suddenly became nervous. “You can sleep on the bed,” he said. “It’s okay. I’ll just sleep on the couch,” she tried to walk away but he caught her hand and pushed her on the bed. “I promise you, I won’t do anything,” he said. Chan Ji gulped. “We’ve known each other a long time, right? So what if we’re just sharing a bed,” he continued to persuade her and she believed him. Yeah, he’s right. So she pulled the cover over her and closed her eyes. Eventually, she fell asleep as soon as she closed her eyes.

Kikwang looked at her sleeping. In a way, it was fun teasing her like this. It’s rare to see her so nervous. He swiped a strand of hair away from her face and smiled. He walked out of the room and closed the door, leaving her sleeping soundly.

 

“I like your hair,” Kikwang swept a strand of Chan Ji’s hair of her face as they walked down the hall. She frowned as she watched him touching her hair. He moved back once he’s done and smiled. “You look beautiful today,” he said. “Aigoo, what do you want?” Chan Ji asked, annoyed at how weird Kikwang was acting. She gritted her teeth, trying to contain herself from screaming. Urgh, this--- Omo, isn’t that…

“Annyeong,” she greeted cheerfully at the red-haired guy. “Oh, annyeong. It’s you,” he said, surprised at her sudden appearance. “Where are you going, sunbaenim?” Chan Ji asked. “I’m meeting someone,” he replied with a heavenly smile spread across his face. “Oh, really, sunbae?” she tried to act casual and not too eager to talk to him. “You can call me Hyunseung. No need the formalities,” he stated. “Ah, okay… Hyunseung…sunbaenim…?” I twitched as I tried to get the hang of his name. “Well then, see you later,” he said as he waved goodbye then walked away. He passed by Kikwang and as he did so, Kikwang glared at him.

“Who’s that?” Kikwang asked once he was gone from sight. “Eh, someone I know,” Chan Ji replied, half dazed. “Well, I don’t like him,” he stated. She turned to look at him. “Didn’t ask for your opinion,” she said and walked away.

 

“What’s that?” Kikwang asked, looking at the big green thing strapped behind Chan Ji. “My comforter,” she replied as she struggled to get it pass through the door. “Why?” he raised his left eyebrow. “Just incase you sent your comforter to the laundry again.” He stared at her as she passed the living room. Damn, how did she found out? “You carried that thing all the way here?” he asked, amused. She stopped on her heels then turned around to face him. “I’m strong, okay? Look,” she lifted three thick books on her left hand and a chair on her right. She was trying to hide it, but Kikwang could see that she was struggling. So he took the books and chair from her. “Yeah, well. I’m not a fool. Nice try,” he placed back the book on the table and the chair on the floor. Chan Ji pouted while stomped into the bedroom.

 

Kikwang glanced again at Chan Ji who was lying on the comforter, smiling and giggling to herself as she texted someone. “Who were you texting?” he asked out of curiosity. He couldn’t restrain the urge to know who she was having fun texting with. She never become that happy whenever I or someone else text her. But she didn’t reply instead, she kept on smiling to herself. Annoyed, he flipped down her phone which resulted her being mad. “Why you do that for?” she cried, frowning at him. “Who were you texting?” he frowned. “Hyunseung sunbaenim,” she replied, going back to her texting. “Of course,” he rolled his eyes. Chan Ji quickly got up and placed her arm on the edge of the bed when she sensed a tinge of differentness in his tone. “Are you jealous?” she grinned. He glared at her then looked away, trying to ignore her. “Oo, you’re jealous…so cute,” she poked him. He grabbed her hand and bent closer. “Ms Chan Ji, if I am jealous, I would…” he paused when he realized they were so close. A few centimeters apart. He looked into her eyes and saw his own reflection. How close they were.

He quickly pulled back and cleared his throat. “I mean…I would confront him,” he said then covered himself with the blanket. Chan Ji blinked. She didn’t barge away from her spot. Close. So close. His eyes. Our lips. My chest. She grabbed her shirt and inhaled. Is this…what’s this?

 

Kikwang was hanging out in a hall with his friends after their class had ended. He was playing with an apple, tossing it and catching it, again and again. “How’s Chan Ji doing?” Doojoon asked out of the blue. He didn’t reply. Instead, he kept on tossing the apple. “Three days had passed. Is she too hard to take on?” Doojoon smirked. That comment hit Kikwang really hard. He really can’t stand challenge or a bit of it. “It’s fine. I got things all under control,” he said, covering the fact that after three days, his usual time period, Chan Ji isn’t anywhere near his. “Oh really,” Doojoon smirked. “Then why does she look so close with that guy over there?” Kikwang quickly looked at the window that leads to the yard of the college. He saw Chan Ji was happily laughing and talking with the red haired guy. He quickly stood up and left the room. He rushed out of the building and went towards them.

“Annyeong!” Kikwang cried with a smile as he put his arm over Chan Ji’s shoulder. The both of them looked surprised at his sudden appearance. “What are you guys talking about? Sounds interesting,” he said, still putting on the fake smile. “I want to know too. We always each other everything, right, Chan Ji?” he pulled her closer. “Ah…” Hyunseung looked at him, a bit disturbed. “I’ll go now. See you again, Chan Ji,” he waved her goodbye and gave Kikwang a meaningful look before walking away.

Kikwang stared at Hyunseung as he walked away, scoffing at his ‘act’. “What’s that for?” Chan Ji nudged his ribs. He tried to avoid but since he had his arm around her, it was a useless try. He faked cry when she hit him. “Don’t blame me. He’s just too ugly for you,” he shrugged. She glared at him for the reply. “Then, who’s handsome enough for me?” she crossed her arms. “You?” she raised her eyebrow. As if she had triggered a bomb, everything suddenly turned silence. Chan Ji somehow felt like she shouldn’t have said that. While Kikwang was too stunned to even reply a thing. Out of randomness, he asked,

“Apple?”

 
 Chan Ji frowned at her phone as she read the text message.

From: b2utyseung
Message: I don’t like that guy.

Hyunseung doesn’t like that guy. Precisely, he doesn’t like Kikwang. Chan Ji could agree if he was talking about how he acted towards Hyunseung earlier, but, this message somehow sounded…different.

To: b2utyseung
Message: Why?

A few seconds later, he replied.

From: b2utyseung
Message: I don’t like him close with you. Everyone knows he is a player. You’ll get hurt.

Chan Ji became even more confused.

To: b2utyseung
Message: but we’re just friends.

From: b2utyseung
Message: well, I can see that he thinks you are more than just friends.

Chan Ji read the message and laughed. This is insane. There’s no way Kikwang would take me more than just a friend. He has more than enough of model-like ladies in his hand, how could I possibly be his ‘more than just a friend’.

Could I?

Chan Ji didn’t reply to Hyunseung’s message and went under the cover. She forced herself to sleep, trying to forget whatever crazy idea that had come up.

 

 Kikwang glanced at the clock on the wall for the umpteenth time then looked at his own wristwatch. Unsatisfied, he even looked at his phone’s clock. 8 pm. And no sign of Chan Ji. Usually she would have been here around 7:30. But this is weird. So he decided to text her again, asking where she is, if she is coming over or not. He waited for another few minutes, tapping on the armrest of the sofa. But she still didn’t reply. So he called her but it only led him to the operator’s voice.

10 minutes had passed. Worried if something bad would happen to her, he grabbed his jacket and walked out; in hope he would find her maybe on the way. He called her house’s phone to ask about her if she is there, but her parents said she hadn’t come back since she left for class.

“Why? Isn’t she with you?” her mother asked. “No. I think she went out with her friends. Never mind, she’ll come back in a few hours,” he said just so they won’t get worried. He hung up and sighed as he looked around. Where is she? He thought and thought and decided to go to the college, if she suddenly decided to finish her work there.

As he ran, he noticed a familiar figure sitting on one of the swings at the park across the street. He walked slowly towards her and called her name, “Chan Ji.” She continued to sobbed, ignoring him there. Kikwang slowly sat on a swing next to her and looked at her, worried. “What happened?” he asked softly, scared that she might break into more cries. She wiped her face, biting her lips. “He…I saw him…a girl…kissing…” she said in between sobs. “Who?” he asked. “H—hyun—seung…” she said then cried again.

Suddenly, he turned mad. Not as worried as before when he heard Hyunseung’s name. “I...thought…he likes…me…I…like him…” she muttered. He stared at the ground trying to contain his anger for a lot of reason. “…stupid…” she covered her face. He looked at her and held her hand. “Stop,” he said. “Stop…I said stop.” She looked at her, confused. “Don’t cry…please, don’t cry,” He pleaded, “…not for him.” He grabbed both of her hands away from her face. Then, he leaned in and kissed her.

After that kiss, Chan Ji started to see what she truly wants and deserves. Not Hyunseung. He can go and play around with any girl except her. Because she only truly wants and deserves Kikwang. Compared to the other ladies he had dated, people can say that Chan Ji is on the top of the awesome list because she were able to make that pretty face player only crooning for her now. And as for the bet, Kikwang gave up and paid Doojoon the requested money. Since, money doesn’t have any value compared to what he has now. But unluckily, Chan Ji misunderstood the purpose of the money and thought he was really playing her all this time. Of course that’s not true. And of course they make up later. Fighting in relationships is normal and adds a bit of that spiciness in relationships, after all.