Request : hellomiraa, Kim Mira ft Wooyoung and Nichkhun; Not Perfect, But Just Right (1/2)

Bucket Full of Oneshots [Requesting Closed]

Title: Not Perfect, But Just Right (1/2)
Genre: Romance
Characters: Kim Mira (OC), Jang Wooyoung (2PM), Nichkhun Horvejkul (2PM)
Pairings: Jang Wooyoung (2PM)/Kim Mira (OC)
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Kim Mira is in search of her life partner. But fate always hook her with an unlikely match, far from what she wished for.
A/N: Sorry I had to make it into two parts. It's longer than I imagined. Maybe because I was exaggerating too much on how perfect Khun is. :DD But anyway, hope you enjoy. To hellomiraa, do you like it?? Sorry if it's bad. :((

 

 

The screens light shone over her face. It was late at night but it didn't mind her to stay that late. It was worth it after all. And she don't have to attend work tomorrow. It's public holiday. Her eyes, framed by the frameless spectacles, moved from left to right - scanning the screen thoroughly. She read the description and a satisfied smile formed on her face. She scooted the mouse over the screen and clicked 'Date'.

Mira slumped back on her chair with a satisfied sigh. It took her the whole night to find the perfect one. And she had finally found one. Her mind was playing thousands of perfect set ups for their date. Maybe a dinner by the beach, under the moonlight. Or a stroll down the park and a blissful kiss by the lake. Just thinking about it made her heart flutter and she giggled over her perfect thoughts.

Suddenly, her friend's room's door opened and her friend walked outside with half-closed eyes. "What are you doing?" She asked Mira after turning over her bed again and again, trying to ignore the annoying tapping sond from the living room. Mira only smiled and whispered 'sorry' to her friend. "Are you going for the dates again?" Her friend asked, knowing what her smiling friend was up to.

"Yup." Mira smiled chidishly. Her friend sighed in front of her room. "You know it's useless. You'll just end up dating another random old bag again." Urghh... that decisive Mr Park. Mira scourned when she remembered that awful memory. "Those things on the Internet are fakes. Why are you still going for it?" Her friend asked her half-dazed.

"Because if my perfect man is as easy as picking up fallen leaves, I won't have to go through all this trouble." Mira defended her stand. "Yeah, but don't you think you're perfect man is way too far from reaity? No one is perfect, Mira." Her friend tried to wake Mira from her fake dreams. Only time will tell when will Mira crash and burn only to realize she's dreaming of something impossible.

"You're just jealous, Hara. You can't find someone so perfect like I can." Mira tried to defend herself. Tired to fight and still heavy from sleeping, Mira's friend, Hara shrugged and went back inside her room. "Whatever." She said before sleeping.

Mira sighed in disappointment because her friend didn't support her. Her dream was only to marry someone rich and handsome and kind and loving - everything nice. True, she had failed before and numerous times been lied and cheated on. But if she declared giving up, how can she find the perfect man that might still be waiting for her out there? Mira dragged herself inside her bedroom and laid on the bed. Traitors, old men, liars - put that all aside because tomorrow, Mira will found a perfect man. Her perfect man.

 

.........................................

 

Mira waited nervously for her future perfect man. He's one hour late but she's fine with it. He's a busy man, of course he'll be late. He might have important meetings to attend. She played with her hair and sometimes with her hand. A few minutes or so, she'll drink her coffee. Her patience meter had slowly been going up for the last few minutes.

Just as she thinks this could be another scam to prank her, a fine, good-looking, pretty well structured man came in the coffee shop. He was so perfect and bright, he made the whole cafe stop and stare. The man walked towards her table and smiled. "Are you Kim Mira?" Mira who was too astonished, only managed to nod. He pulled out a chair for him and sat. "I'm sorry for being late. We had an emergency meeting." Mira was conscious enough not to drool and gap at him. "So how was your day?" He asked her and made Mira snapped back into reality. She posturized herself to an elegant lady and smiled. "I'm fine. What would you like to have?" He smiled and that made Mira flying back into space. "...coffee..." Was all that she managed to hear. His smile is too dazzling.

Their meeting were heaven to Mira. His blonde hair that shone under the sunlight make Mira hunger for honey suddenly. His smile and his brown eyes that would turn to hazelnut could make Mira lifted off the ground. Her heart went thumping unnormally faster and that satisfied Mira. She had found her pefect man. 

Ring ring

The sound of a phone ringing broke Mira's fantasies. "Sorry, I need to take this." He apologizes and went outside of the cafe to take the call. She sighed. Business man means busy after all. She was just enjoying the view God had bestowed to her. Now they had to part. Mira sipped her coffee unsatisfied. Suddenly the cafe's door opened and Mira looked up, thinking that her perfect man had finished talking on the phone. But no. He's still standing out there under the sun ordering people in the phone. Mira sighed. He still look heavenly despite he's talking about company matters on the phone.

She looked away, thinking how lucky she is. Her eyes darted towards the person sitting opposite her table. He was in a usual jeans and shirt with quite fashionable sneakers and was waiting for his order to come. Mira kept looking at him. He was, somehow, very eager to have his tea in the cafe. Never been to one, maybe? His order came a few minutes later and he immediately indulged into his food, not sparing a second. Mira turned gross. That guy, surely won't even pass her 'it was okay' level. Eating your food like there's no tomorrow? Very not high-class. 

"Mira?" A golden-woven voice called her. She looked up and saw her prince smiling at her. "I'm sorry, but I have a meeting to attend." Mira pretended smiling. "It's okay. I understand." Awh, she's just enjoying her day with her future-husband. "Do you need a ride?" Mira quickly nodded but at the same time keeping her elegance. Of course! She won't miss a second to spend with him.

 

.........................................

 

"We're here." He said. Mira looked at him and smiled. "Thanks for the lovely date, Nichkhun." He smiled back at her and said, "You too, Mira. Hope we'll meet again." She stepped out of the car and watched the hot Ferrari sped away from her sight. She flipped the card in her hand and smiled.

 

Nickhun Buck Horvejkul
Chief Executive Officer
JYP Distributors

Tel: 010*********

 

......................................................

 

Mira drove happily to her office. Her black Hyundai shone her way through the streets. Her job as her boss's assitant is handsomely paid well. Through that job she managed to buy almost everything she wanted using her own money. Though, it's just one of the steps to attract those rich men. She parked her car in the parking lot which had her car's plat number. She walked out of the car and into the lift. Every step marked by the y, expensive black Jimmy Choo's.

She flipped her black hair back as she waited for the lift's door to close. Suddenly, a hand slipped out of the door to prevent it from closing. Mira moved back in shocked. Could it be a stalker trying to her? The doors opened and unleashed a chubby-faced boy in a spiky haircut. His suit was professional but Mira could tell it is a second-hand. She bent over to press 5 and suprisingly he did too. They both looked at each other for a moment. Mira retreated back as a signal to let the boy press it. He pressed the button and the lift moved up.

The were both in silence and when the lift's door opened indicating they've arrived, Mira walked her way out first. She greeted her colleagues as she made her way to her table. She found a few notes sticking on her desk. She put down her handbag and went through the notes. Meetings, meetings, ooh... there's a new worker. Maybe he'll be the secretary for Mr Kim. The former secretary had resigned because she moved to China. She's a nice lady. I sure miss her.

"Mira." Her boss called for her through the phone. "Yes, sir." She responsed. "There's a new secretary working today. Can you help him?" "Yes, sir." "Good, thank you." She's right. New secretary.

She continued briefing through Mr Kim's schedule for the week. Suddenly, a voice interrupted her. "Excuse me?" Mira looked up. "Yes?" Wait, it's that guy from the lift. Is he the new secretary? "Umm... I'm the new secretary." He said unsure. "Oh, you're here. Come, follow me. I'll help you out." Mira stood and walked over to the desk opposite hers. "This is your desk. The file on the top are the one haven't done. The ones below are done. You should start with doing yesterday's meetings. It's the one marked 'Meeting'. Are you clear so far?" Mira asked him and he simply nodded. "Okay. If you need help, I'll be at my desk." She said before moving back to her desk.

"Wooyoung." Mira heard him called. What did he just say? "Huh?" She looked at him. "My name's Wooyoung." He said from his desk. "Oh, my name is Mira." She smiled. Oh, his name. I thought something else. For the past few hours, Mira constantly kept glancing at him. He sometimes fumble with the paper and turning it over a few times before returning back to the computer. She founds him very cute. But, still, he's not her type. 

As time went by, Mira was shook from her work by Wooyoung who had been standing in front of her all this while. "Do you want to have lunch with me?" His bravery to ask her for lunch on his first day of meeting her surprised her but Mira declined. "I'm sorry, but I'm having lunch with someone else." Wooyoung face didn't turn sour, like people usually be when they were rejected, instead he smiled. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll go for lunch now. Bye." And he left after that.

 

......................................

 

Mira continued her work with a very wide smile on. The lunch with Nichkhun aka Mr Perfect was heaven. She almost thought that she died in heaven. Ah... Mira was just waiting when he'll make the next step. "Hey, how was your lunch?" Wooyoung peered from his desk. Can't this guy stick into his own things? "Fine." Mira simply replied. She was getting pretty annoyed with her nosy colleague. She's not a celebrity to have a fanatic. But, it'll be creepy if she did. Anonymous people knowing every single step and past of hers. Urghh.... Mira shivered as the thoughts flew through her mind.

 

.......................................

 

Mira grabbed her handbag and suitcase containing all her works and head out of the office and towards the lift. Her new colleague, Wooyoung, has left earlier. He left accordingly to the office hours. Mira is the only one left in the dark office beacuse that's just her. She actually love her job more than her sleep. It's been like that since she was little. She got too focused into her work she can't divert to something else. Well, except rich guys. Duh...

Mira walked out of the lift and towards her car. She pressed her car key and a beep sounded. She got inside the car and placed both her handbag and briefcase on the passengers seat next to her. She started the engine and drove away from the parking lot. As soon as her car reached the surface, droplets of water started to pour on her car. It was very heavy and Mira can barely see the streets. She was lucky there was no traffic jam or she might stuck on the road for hours. Seoul is very bad in traffic jam. The worst in the world, perhaps.

As her car passed by a bus stop near a mall, she spotted a familiar figure. Standing and shivering under the bus stop. The strong wind that came with the rain almost blew his small body. Mira isn't very fond of that guy but her conscience made her stop her car and opened the window. "Do you need a ride?" Mira asked, although half of her is going against it. "I--I'm f--fi-ne." He stuttered. And that broke through Mira stone-cold heart. "Come in. I'll sent you home." She said as she opened the door. Immediately water came flying into the car. 

Wooyoung looked to his left and right, looking for the bus that maybe come unexpectedly so he don't have to owe Mira, but in the end he walked into Mira's car and close the door. He wiped his soaked jacket and looked down. "Err... thanks f--for therr--ride." He said. He doesn't feel fitted sitting in the car. Moreover, his condition drenched wet.

"It's okay. Were you waiting for the bus?" Mira said without looking at him. Her attention was at the almost unvisible road. Wooyoung nodded. He felt a bit ashamed at how unprivileged he is compared to the girl next to him. Mira nodded while pursing her lips. "So where's your home?" Mira asked as she turned to the left. Wooyoung looked out and thought for awhile. Should I tell her where it is? "Wooyoung, do you hear me? Where's your home?" Mira glanced a bit at him.

"It's...um...it's near the factories down the street." Wooyoung finally said it. Aish, curse you lips for being so big. "Okay." Mira said and they continued driving through the rain in silence.

The car screeched as she pull the break and stopped in front of a small, dull-looking house. It's condition wasn't the best looking house in the area despite the area wasn't exactly the best-looking one in Seoul. So that makes Wooyoung house is the ugliest one around. "We're here." Mira said. To be frank, she's quite sorry with Wooyoung's state.

Wooyoung looked out of the window and smiled, fake smile. "Thanks." He said and opened the door. Just as he was about to got out, a tall man in a grey shirt walked out of the house with a bottle in his hand. "Yah, Wooyoung! Is that you?! How dare you come home so late at night! Who's gonna make me food?!" The drunken man yelled. Wooyoung looked down and tears started to form. Mira noticed his condition and how the drunk man could be related to him. So she bent over and pulled the door close, making Wooyoung slumped back into his seat.

"You can stay in my house for the night." Mira said as she drove away from the neighbourhood. Wooyoung didn't reply. He was sad, worried, regret - everything bad. He was ashamed of what happened just now. He don't know how to face her later. "Come on." Mira said as they had arrived at her apartment. The rain had stopped by the time they arrived. Wooyoung lifelessly walked out of the car together with all his things and followed Mira to the 4th floor. The lift ting when they arrived at the floor and Mira lead Wooyoung to her apartment.

She slipped of her heels and dragged Wooyoung inside her house as he seemed to hopeless to walk on his own. Mira pulled him inside her bedroom and pushed him on the bed. Mira looked at him and asked, "Do you want to talk about it?" Wooyoung just turned around and hid his face in the pillows. He was crying but he can't let a girl see him cry. Espescially Mira, after that incident.

Mira looked at Wooyoung sorrily and walked out of the room, not forgetting to turn off the lights. She walked inside the guest room and change before slipping under the sheet and dozed off to sleep. Maybe tomorrow, Wooyong, you can tell me.