Request : Weiiss, Haku Awela ft Kwon Jiyong (G-Dragon) ; Be A Girl Only For Me

Bucket Full of Oneshots [Requesting Closed]

 

Title : Be A Girl Only For Me

Ratings : PG-13

Genre : Comedy, Romance

Characters : Haku Awela (OC), Kwon Jiyong (Bigbang), Choi Seunghyun (TOP), Seungri

Pairings : Haku/Jiyong

Summary : Haku is the roughest of all girls. When she realized that Jiyong is pampering her too much, she went to find a job. As uniquely her job is, it helps her connects with the people she loves the most.

Author’s note :  I at the title, urgh. Sorry for the extremely long wait. But school hadn’t been a help and for once, this story really got me thinking a lot. It was hard and I kept changing the plot, but I made it through. Inspired by anime, Maid-sama. Haha, kthanksbye.

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” Jiyong asked for umpteenth time. He looked at her warily.

Haku nodded. “Yes. Very sure,” she said confidently.

“Okay, if you say so,” he gulped.

Haku smiled happily and pulled him inside the cinema.

If only it wasn’t the weekend. If only Haku didn’t has a sudden urge to go watch a horror movie. If only Jiyong wasn’t her best friend. If only Jiyong doesn’t love her too much to reject. If only he didn’t agree.

Jiyong didn’t watch the movie, not even a glimpse. He kept looking down and continued slurping his empty cup which produced slurping noises and was quite annoying. But he didn’t care. It was better that way. He didn’t want to watch and hear the movie. The shrieks and screams, it only make the story worst and to add on that, he would remember everything perfectly for a week. He’ll be completely isolated from the world. No school, no food, no anything. He’ll just lock his self in his room, hoping that the memories would go away faster.  

 

“Ah, isn’t the movie great?” Haku stretched her arms as they walked out of the cinema.

Jiyong didn’t reply anything.

“You know when she was running down the stairs and the ghost followed her by crawling…” Haku said, ignoring the fact that Jiyong didn’t want to hear it.

He had made his way to a store, occupying himself by searching the racks. Golden oldies are better than ghost stories.

“Awh, don’t be a scaredy cat. It’s just a ghost story,” Haku slapped his arm.

Jiyong ignored her.

“Come on. Be a man,” she said.

He left the store, not caring about her.

She ran after him then pulled his arm when she reached him. He turned around unwillingly.

“Okay, I’m sorry,” she apologized.

Jiyong looked at her half-heartedly.

Then, Haku pouted so adorably, with round-puppy-watery-eyes and everything at him. He looked at her, couldn’t resist the temptations to look and then eventually defeated.

He sighed.

Haku smiled victoriously. “I know you’ll forgive me,” because you just can’t resist my cuteness.                 

Jiyong looked at her, smiling. He had nothing to go against that. For somehow, he just can’t be mad at her too long. Honestly, she doesn’t even have to ask for forgiveness, he’ll eventually be the one who ask for forgiveness, for something he didn’t do that she did that he did that she didn’t (?) Whatever it is, he still will forgive her. “I have something for you,” he said, pulling her with him.

“What is it?” she cried, trying to keep up with him. As tough Haku can be, she would suddenly fall over and be all weak whenever Jiyong touched her. She’s not a skinship phobic but you know, that feeling that make you light and heavy at the same time? Yeah, that one that got her suddenly un-tomboyish.

He pulled her out of the shopping mall to the park just across it and stopped under a tree, a bit far from the street. There’s only one lamppost lighting the area but is quite dim.

“What is it?” Haku asked again. Slightly nervous that he brought her to a place as lonely as this.

“Sit first,” Jiyong patted the bench. She did like what he asked.

“So?” she asked, acting normal but she could just burst any moment.

He looked down, looking gloomy all of a sudden. Haku looked at him weirdly. Did something just happen? Did his cat died, or someone stole his shoes, or he saw someone wearing the same shirt as his? Yeah, it’s not worth going to this kind of place just to be sulky about some shirt people wore but this is Jiyong we’re talking about. Shirts are like his life. Shoes are like his heart. Wacky accessories are like his soul. Or is he just trying to prank me? Besides his nonsensical fashion sense, his humor also has bad timing.

But suddenly, “Happy Birthday!” he cried as he showed her a box of present. A medium sized box in the colour of metallic purple with various kind of font used for the word, ‘Happy Birthday!’.

Haku was stoned by what he did. He remembered her birthday. And out of everyone’s, he remembered hers? She, herself, didn’t even remember it – somehow birthdays haven’t been really one of the expected things in life. No wonder he agreed to go to the mall with her even after she told her she wanted to watch the movie.

“Take it,” he urged.

Haku took it and opened it. It was a headband made out of crystals so sparkly she had to look at it twice to make sure it is a headband. She was astonished. The fine cuts, and colours, she’s no expert but she knew it is expensive.

“Do you like it? It’s Swarovski diamonds. I got it custom made,” Jiyong said proudly. Thought so.

She looked at him, with eyes wide and mouth gaped. “Y—you shouldn’t have.”

“It’s okay. I want it to be your birthday present,” he convinced.

“But it’s so expensive,” she said. Like freaking expensive.

“It’s okay,”

Haku sighed. This is so expensive. He shouldn’t have bought it in the first place. Most likely, she won’t even wear it because, you see, she’s a girl who is very-very-very rough aka tomboy. Which tomboy wears crystals, expensive one to add that? So it is such a waste. Even though he is rich, but he shouldn’t waste his money on things like this. Go waste money on clothes because at least he will wear it. Furthermore, this headband could like afford her living for years to come. So how is she going to tell him that?

“I’m glad you like it,” he said, not waiting for her response – and misinterpreted her face. She was gaping, in shock, looking at the headband, speechless, and weighing her options but he thought she was too surprised, in awe, that she couldn’t say anything and the headband was too beautiful that she couldn’t look away from it. You’re too full of yourself, Jiyong…

The night ended with Jiyong sending her home and feeling satisfied that he had bought that headband for Haku. He thought she liked it. He thought this is one step to reaching his goals. He thought everything will be even better and easier later. He thought WRONG.

 

“Hey, wanna come over to my house? I bought a new shirt from Paris,” Jiyong jumped in glee in front of Haku. He was hoping that she would come over but not because of his new shirt.

“I can’t,” Haku replied.

His jaw dropped. “Why?”

“I need to go for tuition,” she said as she flung her backpack over her shoulder.

“But since when?” he asked.

“Since exam is nearer,” she replied as she pushed her chair closer to the desk. Then, she left Jiyong, and the class, without looking at him.

He looked at her, in confusion. How come I didn’t know about this? Jiyong felt like he was left out, so suddenly. He was supposed to be the first to know everything. He was supposed to be the only one to know everything. But now he knows nothing.

Haku ran away from the school. She wasn’t really trying to run away from Jiyong, she was actually late. Late to her new job she just got a few days ago. She went through the backdoor, slamming into the changing room and threw her stuffs into the locker. She pulled out a black dress, with white fringe and laces at the hem and the end of the puffed shoulders, also the apron. She checked her short hair at the mirror, finger-combing it after being blown by the wind. She slipped into a pair of black knee-high socks and a black polished high heel.

She went into the kitchen and started to send orders to the tables. Then, she greeted two customers who just came in.

“Welcome home, master,” she bowed.

Weird, right? That’s because she is working in a maid café. It is a café, originated from the Japan anime and manga culture. The workers dressed up as maids and butlers and the customers are treated as their masters or mistress.

Haku led the customers to an empty table. Once they’ve sat down, she placed menus for them.

“Please take your time, sir,” she bowed at them before turning around to leave. But one of them suddenly grabbed her hand. She turned around.

“Wait, don’t go,” he said.

She reluctantly bowed at them and faced them.

“I’ve never seen you before. Are you new?” he asked.

“Yes,” Haku said. If not for her job, she would have kicked this lad’s right there. Pretty sure he doesn’t want to know how strong she can punch. She slowly tried to pull away but he didn’t let go.

“You’re cute. Can I have your number?” he asked a she pulled out his phone.

“I’m sorry but I don’t share personal information,” she politely refused.

“Come on. I’m sure you couldn’t reject a guy like me,” he said, smirking. His friend was also smirking, thinking of the same thing – and the other thing.

“Sir…”

“She said, she won’t give it to you,” a tall guy in short black hair suddenly came and gripped his hand. He is a worker in the café too, dressed up as a butler. Sleek black blazer and pants with a white dress shirt underneath and a black bowtie.

He looked at him, bewildered. “What?”

“She won’t give her number to you so please respect that,” he said. The customer released Haku’s hand. His attention is now towards the butler.

Haku looked at the tall guy in surprised.

“Go and take out orders from the kitchen,” he ordered.

“O-okay,” she nodded and then went into the kitchen.

“I’m sorry, sir,” he bowed at the customer and then went into the kitchen too, leaving the speechless customer. Then, he searched for Haku. She was in the changing room, her fist rested on the locker. Guess she just had an anger management moment.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

She looked up and quickly bowed, “Seunghyun-sunbaenim.”

“You should work more with your skills on how to manage the customers…” he said, “…and your anger.”

Haku looked at the dent on her locker. , I did it again. “Yes, I will,” she bowed again. She always punches things when she is mad at something but couldn’t let it out or tell it straight because of certain reasons. And today, her reason was she had a job to keep.

Seunghyun smiled. “Now get to work again,” he said then left the room.

Haku stared at him until he went away. I must thank him.

 

Seunghyun went out of the café through the back door. His shift had finished and he’s heading home to rest. He walked away from the café and was surprised when he turned to a corner. “Oh, Haku? Why are you still here?” he asked.

Haku bowed down. “I wanted to thank you for earlier,” she said.

“Oh, it’s okay,” Seunghyun said.

“But you could have been fired,” Haku cried. She doesn’t want to be responsible for risking someone’s job.

“Nah, they won’t. I’m their best worker,” he said proudly, not really lying about it.

“Tsk, you’re so full of yourself, sunbae,” she scoffed.

“Yes, yes I am.”

Haku smiled then turned around and started to walk away.

“You’re so different compared to work,” Seunghyun eyed her from head-to-toe as he walked next to her.

Haku looked at herself. She was wearing a jeans one size larger than her size, a grey tank top and black t-shirt. Very different from her work’s costume. People would think she was two different people.

“Eh, it’s okay,” she shrugged.

“I barely recognize you,” he said.

“That would be better. I don’t want anyone to recognize me,” Haku said. “Even walking with sunbae will make people wonder is it really me?” she acted out the reaction.

“Why? Am I different?” Seunghyun started to check his self.

“Because sunbae is handsome,” she stated.

He laughed at her straight-forwardness. It was even weirder to him that she said it like she was saying ‘my mom called me’. He had never encountered a girl like her that acted so natural in front of him. Most girls that he met was all dolled up and fake that he got tired of it.

“Okay, I’m here sunbae. See you tomorrow,” she bowed and waved Seunghyun goodbye. He stared at her as she went inside her house. So pure.

 

Haku was at her house on a usual weekend. She was sitting on the couch, legs folded to her chest, and jotting notes on what she need to buy for next week’s Lolita themed day at the café. She had gone through a few magazines on Lolita fashion. I think I need a few ribbons. Make it pink, like that one in that magazine. She had to choose pink since she was assigned to the colour pink. The management doesn’t want anyone to turn up in the same colour. They said they want it to be diverse and uniquely personalized. Haku doesn’t know what does that mean that’s why she asked for Seunghyun’s help. He’ll be coming over to pick her up.

“Oo, what’s that?” Jiyong peeked from her side.

Haku quickly pressed the note against her chest. “What? Nothing,” she tried to cover. She can’t let Jiyong know about her job.

Unfortunately, Jiyong knew her weaknesses. He poked her waist where she is very ticklish there. She jolted and laughed hysterically, her grip on the note loosens and he managed to get hold of it.

“Pink? Ribbons?” Jiyong read out the note.

“What? No!” Haku quickly jumped on him to get the note but his hand stretched away that she couldn’t reach it. “Urgh…” she grunted. She put her arm on Jiyong’s chest to move forward but she pressed it too hard that it hurt him.

“Ah,” he cried. She quickly slumped down when she heard his cry. “I’m sorry. So sorry,” she patted and rubbed her chest. “Are you okay?” she looked at him. He looked back at her, stoned at his position. Is this a dream? Legs on legs. Chest on chest. I’m not dreaming, right? Because if he is dreaming, he really hates to wake up right now.

“Jiyong…” she softly said, almost whispering. He looked at her, her eyes, her nose then her lips. That pink lips… if only…

“Haku? Are you ready?” Seunghyun’s voice suddenly echoed through the room. Haku tried to warn him not to come closer but it was too late. He walked into the living room and saw everything. Haku on top of Jiyong, her legs between his and their messy hair.

“Ah, sun—ghyun,” Haku said as she got up from her position. She almost forgot she can’t call him sunbae or else Jiyong will get suspicious.

“Haku-ah. Are you ready?” he asked.

“Uh yeah, yeah,” she rushed to get her things. “Jiyong-ah, I’ll be back home late. Don’t wait for me. Kay, bye!” she cried as she left the house.

Jiyong sat there, dumbfounded. Who is he? Why is Haku going out with him? Argh… I finally had a moment like that with Haku and he ruined it. Darn! He got up from the couch and walked into Haku’s bedroom to get his bag. When he bent over to grab his bag, he saw a black shoe that he had never seen before under the bed. He went closer to the bed and reached out to take it. He pulled it out and was surprised that it was a high-heeled shoe.

“Since when she wore this kind of shoes?” Jiyong asked his self. He had never even seen her stealing a glance at heels when they passed by shops, but now she’s owning one. And he didn’t even know about it! Is it because of that guy that she had started to change and keeping secrets from him? This…this can’t be!

 

“Who’s that guy?” Seunghyun asked Haku. They were walking down the street towards a fabric store.

“A friend,” she replied. Her head hung low, still embarrassed from the incident earlier.

“Just a friend?”

She nodded while sighing.

“He’s not just a friend, right?” Seunghyun smiled.

Haku looked at him. What does he mean by that? I and Jiyong are friends. Well, that is what she thought Jiyong thought about them.

“You like him, don’t you?” he asked.

“How do you know that?” She looked at him, surprised.

Seunghyun shrugged. “I’ve lived longer than both of you,” he simply replied.

Haku chuckled. “Yeah.”

“If you like him, you should tell him that. Or at least let him know,” he suggested.

“Nah, he doesn’t like me. He treats me like a friend, like I’m his guy friend,” she twitched her lips.

Seunghyun glanced at her then looked up front. “We’re here,” he said. He had no intentions on how to reply to that. He thought it will be better, for him, if that guy doesn’t like her, but on the other hand, he felt pity of her.

Haku walked inside the store while thinking about what Seunghyun had said. Tell him. Let him know. Should I do that? But what if he doesn’t like me and we got awkward with each other and stopped being friends? She doesn’t want to lose him. For years of being friends with him, she likes his company and wouldn’t want to lose him in any way.

 

“What’s up bro?” Seungri tapped Jiyong’s shoulder as he sat next to him.

Jiyong only sighed.

“Something’s up?” Seungri asked.

“I have a question,” Jiyong said.

Seungri nodded. “Sure, ask me,” he said as he opened his arm.

“What does it mean if a girl who doesn’t wear girlish things suddenly started to be one?” Jiyong asked Seungri but didn’t even look at him.

“Who are we talking about?”Seungri asked. He lifted an eyebrow.

“Just answer me,” Jiyong insisted.

“Okay,” he said. “Most probably when a girl changes like that it is because of a guy they like or try to impress,” Seungri explained. He, even though, is younger than Jiyong, he had a lot of knowledge about girls. In a way, he’s more advanced than Jiyong.

Jiyong sighed heavily when he heard the explanation. He slid his fingers through his hair and rummaging it.

Seungri knew that reaction would very mean, “We’re talking ‘bout Haku, isn’t it?” he said. The fact that Jiyong likes Haku is no secret to him and some of their friends. Come on, it’s so obvious by the way he act around her. The only one that doesn’t know it is Haku. She must be blind to not notice.

Jiyong didn’t reply to Seungri.

“Well, my bro,” Seungri patted Jiyong’s back, “This means that you need to work fast to get her.”

Jiyong looked at Seungri. Seungri nodded and smiled at him. “Fighting!” Jiyong sighed heavily. If only, things were easier done than said. Despite his whole confidence appearance that seemed so strong that it’s hard to break it, he really doesn’t have that much confidence when expressing his feelings, moreover to Haku.

 

Jiyong was walking down an alley when he saw Haku was walking pass by him, in front of him. But she didn’t realize that he was there. She seemed too focused on where she was going that she didn’t notice him. He followed her while keeping a safe distance between them, just so she won’t notice he was there. As they passed away blocks of stores, she suddenly disappeared. He looked around to see where she had gone. Did she know I was following? Then, Jiyong turned around and noticed he was standing in front of a café, a building not connected with other stores. The owner must have bought this whole building.

Then, he saw the guy that Haku went out with before through the window. He was placing dishes for the customers. So he worked here? He looked at the entire café and decided that he might as well check out this place since he had never noticed it before and also confront with that guy. So Jiyong walked towards the café and opened the door. The bell tinkles and she was greeted by a worker.

“Welcome home, master,” she bowed at me.

Master? What the hell is this? Why is she wearing a maid outfit?

Then, she looked up and both of them were shocked.

“Jiyong?”

“Haku?” They both said simultaneously.

 

“What are you doing working there?” Jiyong asked furiously. They were at the park across the street. Seunghyun gave her a few minutes off to settle things with him after seeing how awkward they both were.

“I need money,” Haku answered softly. He had never been that mad and she was very scared when he does.

“But you’re still studying. And why must there? Do you know there are guys that could take advantage on you by what you are wearing?” he cried. He clearly pointed out the working outfit that was a bit… ehem… seductive.

She looked down, feeling very guilty that she had done something that could make him mad.

“I can support you,” Jiyong touched her hand.

“What am I to you? I’m just your friend, right? So why must you do this? I can’t have you keep on pampering me with stuffs that I couldn’t afford,” Haku said weakly. The expensive headband that he bought for her was the main reason that made her find a job.  

“No, you’re more than that,” he said. Suddenly, everything turned silence. He was surprised at himself to able say that. Haku blinked many times. Did I just hear right?

“You…what did you say?” she stuttered.

Jiyong breathed in. “I like you,” he said.

“You like me?” she pointed at herself.

Then, he shook his head. “No, I love you,” he added. Finally, he was able to say it. It felt heavy to say but now he felt light, like a heavy load had been lifted off.

Haku just sat there, stoned and eyes wide. Jiyong looked at her and flustered. “Wait, you’re not going to reject me are you? Is it because of Seu…” he cried.

“Can I hug you?” she suddenly said.

This time, it was his turn to blink. Why is she asking permission to hug me? “Uh yeah?” he replied.

Haku quickly went over to hug him tightly.

“Uh, Haku?”

“I thought you would never ask,” she happily said.

Jiyong smiled when he heard her say that. “So, um, I’m your boyfriend now?” he shyly asked.

She nodded.

“And you’re my girlfriend?” he asked again.

Haku laughed while nodding. “Yes.”

“Then can I ask something?” he asked.

“What?”

“Quit your job. I’ll support you,” he said.

Haku pulled away from him. “No, I won’t. I wanted to be independent. I shouldn’t be dependent on you,” she said. Even though Jiyong is rich, his money should be keep for his future.

Jiyong sighed. “Fine,” he said unwillingly. “But on one condition.”

 

“Is this necessary?” Haku asked.

“A promise is a promise,” Jiyong smirked.

She looked at herself. She was wearing a blue maid outfit that Jiyong bought online. The fabric and detailed embroidery must mean that he ordered this from the best and surely cost a lot. But she had to wear it, whether she liked it or not. It was in the deal she made with him. It’s either she quit her job or do this. Back then, it sounded easy to dress up for him but now, both doesn’t really have any differences. She had to dress up too at the end.

 Click!

“Wha… what was that for?” Haku cried.

“For memories,” he said as he viewed the photo.

“But it’s not in our deal!”

“I’m your boyfriend. Listen to what I say,” Jiyong demanded.

“Urgh… come here, you…” she jumped on top of him, trying to take the camera away, making them both fall on the sofa. She reached her hand out but she couldn’t reach it. Suddenly, Jiyong pulled her face to face him. He stared at her face then leaned forward to kiss her. She kissed him back and soon they both had forgotten about the camera they were fighting over before.

I want you to be a girl only for me.”