Request : hellomiraa, Kim Mira ft Wooyoung and Nichkhun; Not Perfect, But Just Right (2/2)

Bucket Full of Oneshots [Requesting Closed]

Title: Not Perfect, But Just Right (2/2)
Genre: Romance
Characters: Kim Mira (OC), Jang Wooyoung (2PM), Nichkhun Horvejkul (2PM)
Pairings: Jang Wooyoung (2PM)/Kim Mira (OC)
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Kim Mira is in search of her life partner. But fate always hook her with an unlikely match, far from what she wished for.
A/N: I'm sorry if it's a bit cliche or cheesy or lousy. :(( Still hope you like it. :)) Do comments, kay? :33

 

 

 

 

Wooyoung still hadn't talk to Mira yet. He was quiet all morning. Maybe he was still recovering from last night. Thank god, Hara was fine with Wooyoung spending the night over. Mira will feel even guiltier if she didn't. Where else can Wooyoung sleep?

Today, they went to work together. She had called a friend to bring a suit for Wooyoung. It wasn't expensive but Wooyoung still didn't feel right wearing it. They continued working like usual even though Wooyoung wasn't very nosy and talkative. Mira should be grateful that he's quiet today so she can daydream about her prince but she didn't feel right. So she'd decided to talk to him during lunch. 

"Hey, wanna have lunch with me?" Mira asked Wooyoung. She sounded natural but inside her, she was hoping him to say yes. Wooyoung looked at the papers and then at the wall clock. "Um...okay." He said and put away the papers in the corresponding files. He got up and walked to the lift. Mira followed Wooyoung from behind in silence. She still doesn't know how to start a conversation with him. Once they've arrived at the parking lot, Mira offered Wooyoung a ride. Wooyoung usually won't hitch any rides whom the driver was completely alien to him. But, he guess he's just too lifeless to say no. So he just walked towards the car and get in it after Mira unlocked it.

"So where do you want to have lunch at?" Mira said, taking a glimpse of Wooyoung from the corner of her eyes. Wooyoung slumped back on his seat and looked away. He wasn't exactly hungry. Well, he wasn't tired or sad either. He don't feel anything, actually. Maybe his emotions had been pulled out from his chest. Maybe, it might have been better if it does.

"Um...Wooyoung. We're here." Mira said and woken him up from his thoughts, far flying above the clouds. Wooyoung looked out of the window and saw a medium-sized cottage. Its walls were coated by wallflowers and mosses, in a beautiful way, and above the door, there's a wooden sign carved, Junsu's Cafe. Wooyoung wanted to ask why did Mira brought him here but his lifeless-ness made his mouth too heavy to open. But Mira knew what's been playing in his mind so she voluntarily said, "I have a history with this place." Yup, this is where I meet Nichkhun for the first time. "And I also think that this place has something to do with you too." Wooyoung looked at Mira with eyes full of hope. That mere sentence made him lively just because she knew.

So they walked side by side, as now Wooyoung is no longer a walking dead, and into the cafe. Mira picked the seat next to the window and near the door. Opposite of them is where she and Nichkhun had coffee. She wants to seat there only when Nichkhun is with her.

Actually, there was another reason.

"So, um, what do you want to eat?" Mira looked at Wooyoung. He was looking at the pictures of dishes available there. He swung his feet giddily as he said his order to the waitress. "Can I have that hot pancakes with extra milk butter on top?" The waitress nodded. "Sure." Then she looked at Mira. "Same as him." She said and the waitress left.

"So, Wooyoung." Mira looked at Wooyoung. "Hm?" He looked at her. "Do you want to talk about last night?" She carefully said. Wooyoung's face turned sour. He remembered that awful incident last night. The sight of that guy in worn clothing brought tears to him. He knew he couldn't ignore the question so he sighed, "That was my brother." Mira raised her eyebrows. "Brother?" Wooyoung looked down. "He, um, we got a few problems after our parents died." "Problems?" "My brother got too heartbroken when they passed. So, he...started drinking. And never stopped." Mira didn't say anything this time. She thinks it's best if she didn't. "He often ask for money from me for the alcohols. I gave him all I have until there was nothing left. That's why I requested a job at your workplace. My degree sure come handy." Wooyoung let out a faint chuckle. Mira sighed at the small boy's pain. "It's okay. You'll be fine, okay?" She bent over and wiped his tears using a napkin. Wooyoung was shocked at her actions. He even didn't realize his tears had flowed down.

The waitress had arrived with their order. Her presence made Mira sat back on her chair. The waitress had a thin smile on her face because of the view. The girl is wiping her boyfriend cheeks, so cute - she thought. "Here's your hot pancakes with extra milk butter on top." She said as she placed both dishes on the table. "Thanks." Mira said at her as she left. Wooyoung look half-heartedly at his lunch. He's not sure he is experiencing the same feeling when he first tasted it. "Wooyoung. Don't you want to eat that?" Mira asked. He simply nodded and then ate a slice of it. "Can you teach me how to eat this? I know you know how." Mira smiled at him. He look at her in questions. Mira understand the look.

"Actually, I have another reason why I bring  you here." Wooyoung swallowed the pancake that is in his mouth. "What?" He asked. Mira placed both her hands on the table. "Despite my other reason which doesn't connects at all with today, I remembered something." "What's that?" "That other day, I saw you in this cafe eating that same order you made. And at this same table isn't it?" Wooyoung gaped in awe. How did she know all that? Everything she said is true. "How do you know all that?" "I was here with my own reason. But you look so happy at that time. Maybe it was the pancakes?" Mira asked. Yup, she remembered everything. Her first date with Nichkhun, she saw the same small figure eating his heart out like there was nothing else to worry about. True, she's grossed at that time but it changed after knowing the real fact. Wooyoung smiled. Purely and innocently. "That was my first salary. I got it after working as a car washer. I took jobs from house to house. It was small but I managed to feed myself. And that pancake was the only food I managed to afford but it was the best." And after that, Wooyoung got a job offer to be a secretary. The time where he first met Mira. His lifesaver - probably.

"See, you're smiling again. I should take you here often." Mira smiled as she took a bite of her own pancake. Yum, it actually tasted good. Wooyoung smiled even wider, so wide, his eyes were barely there. He took another big bite. "Mira." He called. "Yes?" "Can I ask you why are you in the cafe when I was there to?" He asked. Mira looked around and laughed shyly. "I, um, had a date." "With your boyfriend?" Here comes the nosy Wooyoung. Mira looked at him then said, "Yeah." Wooyoung went closer to her, dragging the chair with him. "So how he's like?" Mira glared at him unbelievably and then continued. "He's kind, handsome, tall and most importantly rich." Wooyoung tilted his head. "Most importantly rich?" Mira nodded. "Yup. I dreamt of marrying a rich person one day. And I'm just one step closer." She fisted her hand. "Are you sure?" Wooyoung asked and that made Mira frowned. "Why? Don't be like my friend who'd been telling me they're fake." Wooyoung shook her head. "I'm not. But just wanna say you better becareful with them." "Why?" "You might get hurt someday. Not all rich guys are good." "But mine is." Wooyoung raised his hands in defeat. "Okay, fine. But just promise me you'll fine yourself someone better." He held out his pinky. Mira frowned. Who can be better than what she has now? But she agrees anyway. Anything better than having Wooyoung being all nosy and chatty. "Agree. But you must promise me, try to change your brother, okay? It's not good for his health by drinking all his sorrow away." Wooyoung hesitated a bit but agrees to it in the end. "I will."

.................................................

It's been a week since Mira and Nichkhun went out together and they're officially lovers now but Mira had started to wonder how serious he is towards their relationship. Everytime they went for a date, be it dinner, lunch or tea, his phone will ring, calling for him to answer his important business calls. And everytime he did, they had to cut their date short. Mira isn't sure whether this is the kind of relationship she wants. She had been wandering if he puts his work ahead of her, what would he do once they're married? Will their kids be more important or his empire? Mira sighed in frust. Maybe, what her friend had been telling her was true. Her dreams were too high and impossible.

There are small footsteps heading towards her desk and as the sound got louder, a common small figure emerged. This time bruised and plastered. "What happened?" Mira asked in shock. Wooyoung smiled faintly. "My brother got a little upset when I tried to stop him from drinking." Mira looked at him concerned. "Are you okay?" He let out a small chuckle. "I'm okay." He's not actually. But he's trying to convince himself he is. Mira took another look at him before continuing with her work. She sighed softly. Why am I so worried?

 

......................................................

 

It was raining this evening. It made Mira remembered something. The day when she offered Wooyoung a ride. Standing under the bus stop, shivering in cold, all drenched wet and looked as if he's going to collapse soon because of the strong wind. That all are still fresh in her mind. Suddenly, she remembered Wooyoung. This morning, he showed up at work with bruises and bandages. His brother really got some temper. She looked at the clock. It's 7:30pm. Is he alright?

Mira made a left and drove towards the sorrow-looking neighbourhood near the factories. She drove straight on a small junction and stop midway. In front of her was a body, isn't moving, and bleeding in the rain. She quickly got out and ran towards the body. "Wooyoung!" She called but the body laid still. She got nervous and the only thing in her mind was to get him safe. So she pulled him up and dragged him, with all her girlpower, into the car. After that, she drove them away from the neighbourhood. "No hospital."  Was the only words that came out of his mouth. Mira was relieved after knowing that Wooyoung isn't dead. She looked at Wooyoung. Hang on there.

 

............................................................

 

"Ouch." He hissed. "Stay still." Mira wiped his bruised and bleed face. "Ah..." He cried again. She wiped the last blood and throw the red clothe into the the pail. "What happened?" Mira asked him. She opened an antiseptic tube and puts antiseptic on the wounds. "I... sst... I told him to... ah... stop. He got... ouch... angry again. That's all. I'm... ah... fine." Wooyoung looked away. "That's not fine." Mira said. "But I am-ah!" Wooyoung cried when Mira pressed his wounds. "I said you're not." She glared at him. Wooyoung shuts himself up. No point of going against her. "You can stay here tonight. Hara had to follow her boss to Japan." Mira said as she was about to stand and leave Wooyoung in the room. "Wait." Wooyoung called. Mira stopped herself from getting up. "What?" He blushed and looked away. "I--um..." Mira looked at him confused. Maybe his brother killed one of Wooyoung's reality switch. "I'll just---" Mira's eyes widened. Wooyoung's lips are pressed against her. It was cold but very comforting. She closed her eyes to savor it more but immediately realized she was doing something wrong. She pushed Wooyoung away, got up and left the room together with regretful Wooyoung in it.

 

............................................

 

Today was Saturday and it  was her day out. She had decided to spent the day with her beloved Nichkhun. "Hey, lovely." Nichkhun kissed Mira's cheeks. "Hey." Mira smiled at her lover's presence. "What are we going to do today?" He asked. Mira shrugged and looked around the massive mall. "I don't know. How about a movie?" She suggested. Nichkhun nodded. "Yeah, sure. I heard there's a new movie." "Really?" "Yup, it's quite good." They continued talking as they walked towards their destination. Everyone in the mall looked at the perfect-looking couple, very handsome and very pretty, in jealousy and excitement.

It was all heaven and lights until the annoying, very hated sound rung. Nichkhun looked Mira apologetically. "Sorry. I need to answer this." Mira pursed her lips and nodded unwillingly. Nichkhun kissed her lips, thanking her, and answered the call. She grunted. This isn't what she dreamt of. Her uncertainty came back at her and she remembered Wooyoung's kiss last night. It was very nice and heartwarming despite he is just a friend. While Nichkhun's was short and cold even though he is her boyfriend.

Nichkhun came rushing back at her with a sorry face. "I"m sorry. There's another emergency meeting. I need to go now." Mira frowned. "Now? But you've just arrived." Nichkhun grabbed her hands. "I know. I'm sorry. I'll..." Mira yanked her hands from Nichkhun's hold. "You know what, just go. If that meeting is more important than me, you may leave now." Nichkhun grabbed her shoulders. "But, Mira. You do understand how important this meeting is to me." She nodded. "I do. That's why if you don't leave now, I'll leave." "Mira." He called for her but she ignored it. "I'm sorry, Nichkhun. I don't think you're ready. I'm sorry." She said and left without another word. Only tears traced her steps.

 

........................................

 

Mira entered her house, lifelessly, and into the living room. She dropped her handbag and crumpled to the floor. She cried right there, in the middle of the living room. Had she did the right choice? Wooyoung heard the door and then cries. He jumped out of his bed and walked into the living room. He found Mira crying on the floor. Wooyoung quickly ran towards Mira and hugged her. "What's wrong?" He asked. Mira cried louder. Wooyoung brought her closer to him and her cries muffled as her face were buried in his chest. "I broke... tsk... up with him." She said between cries. Wooyoung her hair. "It's okay." Mira's arm were wrapped around Wooyoung's waist. "Wooyoung." She called. "What?" Mira lifted her head, looking at Wooyoung. "I think... tsk... I... tsk... I like you." She said. Wooyoung's heart thumped two beat faster. He bent down and kissed Mira. I love you more.