Request : bloodytheory, Park Marika ft Dongwoon BEAST; Show Me Love

Bucket Full of Oneshots [Requesting Closed]

Title: Show Me Love
Genre: Comedy, romance
Pairings: Dongwoon/OC
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Marika need someone to take care of her little brother. Her mom asked her friend for help and she sent her son, Son Dongwoon.
A/N: Sorry for the bad chapter... T.T And sorry for the hiatus. Hope you like it bloodytheory. Sorry if anything doesn't turned like you wanted it to be.

 

 

 

 

 

Marika pulled out a chair and sat on it. She grabbed a sandwich from a pile of them on a plate. She bite on it and smiled. Yumm... egg sandwich. My favourite. Mrs Park went inside the kitchen and took a seat. She poured a cup of tea from the teapot for herself and took a sip. Her face relaxes as the hot drink went thorugh . There's nothing as good as a cup of hot tea in the morning. Marika saw her mom and greeted her. "Good morning, mom. Thanks for the delicious breakfast." Mrs Park smiled at her. "Good morning, Marika and you're welcome." Marika smiled back at her. She loves her mom despite girls her age avoid theirs. To her, her mom is the perfect mom in the entire world. She cooks delicious foods - which includes Western, French and Chinese cuisine - helps her with her studies and give her advice when Marika needed one.

"Marika." Her mom called her. "Hmm...?" Marika mumbled because were too full. "Dad and I are going to a friend's house tonight." Mrs Park took another sip. Marika quickly swallowed her sandwich. "But mom. I need to study. Exam is, like, next week. You know how bad I need the A's. How am I going to take care of  Soohyunnie?" She pleaded to her mom. She can't let her parents affairs and little brother stand between her A's. The straight A's will secure her spot in the Science class and even a transfer student scholarship to London.

"I know." Mrs Park nodded. Her lips still haven't left the cup. "That's why I've called a friend. She said she can send her son." Marika sighed, relieved. "He'll come by around 7. Are you fine with that?" She asked Marika, while placing the tea cup on the table. Marika shrugged and took another sandwich. "I'm fine." She glanced at the wall clock opposite her and gasped. "Sorry, mom. Gotta go." She stood and bent over to kiss her mom goodbye before running towards the door, without forgetting her bag, and slipped into her sneakers. She left the house with a thud.

 

..........................................

 

"My parents are at their friend's house." Marika said to the phone placed between her shoulder and ear. She was making herself a cup of hot tea while holding Soohyun in her other hand. "Do you want me to come by?" She heard her friend on the other line asked. She pursed her lips. "No, I'm fine. My mom said her friend's son is coming to help." She said while discarding the spoon into the sink. "A guy? Are you okay?"  She heard her friend gasped. Marika bounced Soohyun on her left hand playfully. "I'm fine, don't worry." Her friend let out a sigh. "Okay. If you say so." Her friend turn silent before speaking again. "What's his name?"  Marika looked at the ceiling as if the the boy's name were written on it. "I think it's Son Dongwoon." She nodded. "Oh..."

Ding dong

Marika turned towards the door. "I think he's here. See ya. Bye." "Bye." Her friend said before ending the call. Marika put down the teacup on the dining table and placed her phone inside her pant's pocket. She bounced Soohyun up so she can hold him firmly. Then, she headed towards the door and opened it.

As the door opened, Marika saw a tall figure standing in front of her. Dark hair, dark shirt, faded jeans. "Um... is this the Park residence?" The figure asked Marika while looking at a piece of paper in his hand. Marika nodded. This must be the guy her mom told her about. "Yes. Are you Son Dongwoon?" She asked her. The guy looked up and nodded lightly while smiling faintly. "Yes. Are you Mrs Park daughter?" Marika nodded. "I am."

Suddenly they both entered silence. Both of them aren't sure what to react, talk or say. It was until Soohyun's cries for attention that made them went back into reality. Marika bounced Soohyun up and down to prevent him from getting any louder. She was too busy with her little brother that she forgot about the guest. "I'm sorry. Come in." Marika slightly bowed despite the heavy weight she's holding.

Dongwoon slowly walked inside the house after taking off his shoes. He looked around, taking in the decent view the house had to offer. It was medium, not big and not small, and very warm. Very family-like. He inhaled the pleasant scent although there's nothing special about it. When was it the last time he felt so comfortable like this? Dongwoon opened his eyes. He can't remember, actually.

"Umm... Dongwoon-ssi." A voice called him. He almost forgot he is in someone's house. He turned to his right and looked down. He laughed at himself. He just realize she's quite short. Cutely short. "You can call me Dongwoon, Mrs. Park's daughter." He smile at the girl. But she didn't. "And you can call me Marika, Dongwoon." Obviously, Marika isn't very fond by the way he talked to her. "Okay." Dongwoon nervously chuckled while hitting his head inside. Wrong move, Dongwoon.

"Here." Marika shoved Soohyun at Dongwoon. Dongwoon blinked a few times before taking Soohyun and holding him in his arms. "Your task is to feed him. His food is in the third drawer from the left. Remember warm water. Not hot. Play with him when he's about to cry. He's an attention seeker." Marika listed all the things Dongwoon needs to do. Dongwoon gulped. "But..." Marika cut him off. "No buts. If I heard him cry, you're dead." And she dashed off to her room together with her now warm tea.

Dongwoon stood bluntly on the corridor. He looked at Marika's room's door before looking at Soohyun. He was smiling like all baby usually smile. So angelic and innocent. This won't be a problem - Dongwoon thought.

 

....................................

 

Marika sighed while dropping her pen. She keeps thinking about how Dongwoon handle Soohyun to the point she barely knew what she's reading. She kept thinking, is she too harsh on him earlier? But she's busy. It's understandable - right?

Marika groaned and dropped her head on the table. And then lifted it up back. Fine, I'll check him. Just as she was going out of the room she heard a cry. And it was certainly Soohyun's cries. So she dashed outside and went into the living room where the noise came.

As she enters the living room, she burst into laughter. What's really funny was, Dongwoon got soaked in spilled milk. Soohyun's milk. Haha... that was epic. Dongwoon looked cluelessly at Marika. He was holding Soohyun, trying to comfort him to drink the milk, while his other hand tries to wipe the milk off him. Marika wiped her laughing tears and walked towards them. She took Soohyun from Dongwoon. "Wait here. I'll grab some clean clothes for you." said Marika, still trying to contain her laughter.

So she walked inside her room with Soohyun and came out with a pair of shirt and pants. She handed it to Dongwoon. "Here. That's the biggest shirt I have." And then she directed Dongwoon to use the guest room, next to her room, to change. While Dongwoon was changing, Marika took out a mop from the bathroom and wiped the spilled milk. When done, she put back the mop in the bathroom and went to make another milk for Soohyun.

Dongwoon went out of the room with slight discomfort. The pants were a bit short for him. Guess that's what you get for being tall. He went back inside the living room but found no one. He went into the kitchen and found Marika feeding Soohyun milk. The sight was somehow very pleasant for Dongwoon. He became warm again and asked himself again. When was the last time he felt that warm?

Marika noticed Dongwoon in the kitchen and walked towards him. Just as she about to reach him, Soohyun started crying again. Marika looked at Dongwoon then at Soohyun. She moved back and Soohyun stopped crying. Then she moved forward and Soohyun cried again. Marika raised her eyebrow, trying to figure something. "Can you move back a bit?" She asked Dongwoon. He hesitantly moved as she asked. Suddenly, Soohyun stopped crying. And then Marika signaled Dongwoon to come closer and he did. Soohyun cried again.

After a moment, Marika bursted laughing. "What?" Dongwoon asked, oblivious. "Soohyun doesn't like you." Marika said between her laughs. Dongwoon frowned. "So?" Isn't that obvious. What's there to laugh at? Marika inhaled, trying to control herself. "My mom said, if babies don't like you, it means, you're lacking of love." That made Dongwoon questioned himself and Marika. "What does that mean?" She shrugged. "Dunno." said Marika before leaving the kitchen and went inside her parent's bedroom to place sleeping Soohyun inside his crib.

After that, Marika went out of the room and headed towards her room. "Where are you going?" Dongwoon called her. She turned around and said, "Study. Exam's next week." "But what am I suppose to do?" Marika shrugged. "Go home. Sleep. Whatever you want." Dongwoon looked around. "But my mom said, she'll be out for the night. If I go home, I'll be lonely." he said, almost pouting. Marika thought for a while and sighed. "Fine. I'll accompany you." She said as she walked towards the couch and sit. "What do you want to do?" Marika asked. Dongwoon thought for a while and flicked his fingers. "What about games? Do you have any games?" She shrugged. "Sure." She crawled towards the tv and put on a car racing game.

They continue to play in silent. Although once in a few seconds either one would scream victory. As the game gets tiring, the excitement had slowly decreased. Marika was bored actually but it was never her to quit so easily. She glanced at her right when she noticed something different. Dongwoon had stop playing. She paused the game and turned towards him. "What's up?" He stayed silent for a while before asking, "Earlier, when you say I'm lacking of love... " He paused. Marika wasn't sure either that's the cue for her to start talking, so she keep quiet. "Maybe I am." He continued.

Marika thought for a good sentence to say but couldn't find one. But it doesn't seem like Dongwoon was expecting one from her. He continued talking. "You know, I hardly knew love. In fact, I've forgotten about it. When I first step in your house, I smell something pleasant and warm. I'm not sure what was it but it got me thinking. When was the last time I felt like that?"Marika thought for awhile. Is he sure it's not her tea? It's chamomile, anyway. "My parents split after seven years of marriage. They just got too busy for each other. Dad with his oil exports and mom with her hotel. But my future won't change despite they're not together. If I went to dad, he wants me to inherit his business. So as mom. If they didn't split, I'll just end up inheriting both."

"So what make you choose your mom?" Marika mentally slapped herself for that. He's trying to tell his pain right now. Just keep quiet, stupid Marika. Dongwoon let out a heavy sigh. Reluctantly, or almost willingly, answered, "She needs me the most. I could imagine her sober and drunk. Thinking she would be wasted like that worries me." He frowned as he stares at the blank space in front of him. His eyes were already gleaming with tears but not that much. He wasn't going to let it fall. "You're a good son." Marika patted his shoulder.

Dongwoon let out another sigh. But not as heavy as before. "I'm just saying that to comfort myself that I've chosen the right decision. I've never seen her wasted or sober or anything. Not even if the stocks crashed. She'll take a sip of coffee, think and call her assistant to hold a meeting. I'm not sure she needed me that much." Marika shook her head. "That's not true. She needs you but you just can't see it. It's always like that with parents. Their loves are sometimes so invisible, it becomes so hard to trust." Okay, she admit she always see her mom's love. It was so bright, no one could miss it. But she understands how Dongwoon felt in a way. It's true, though, what she said. It isn't white or pretty lies. It's the beautiful truth.

Dongwoon stayed silent. It had turned from babysitting to confessing. She was suppose to study but now she had to do free social service. Dongwoon's lucky he had a hard time. Or else Marika had cut his head off. But there's always a next time.

"Umm..." Marika thought of something and brought out her cellphone. She shifted closer to Dongwoon and held the phone in front of them. "What are you doing?" Dongwoon asked. "Held your hand like this." Marika curved her fingers. "Like this?" Dongwoon asked while copying the exact movement as Marika. "Yup." She pulled his curved fingers next to hers. And it formed a heart. "Smile." She cried and punched the 'Capture' button. The camera flashed a light and click.

Marika looked at the photo she just captured and smiled. "What was that for?" Dongwoon asked. "So you'll know how being cared for feels like." Marika replied. "How can that be?" He asked again, still confused. Marika smiled and hugged him. It was quick but enough to make Dongwoon's heart skip a beat. She let go of him and showed the picture to Dongwoon. On the screen, there's a girl smiling next to dark haired guy completely oblivious both helding their hand up front, curved into a heart shape.

"How can this make me feel cared?" Dongwoon asked again. "Because when you don't feel loved, you can look at that picture and remember me. When you remember me, you remember you've been hugged. People hug when they like that person." Marika explained. Dongwoon smiled. "Thanks." She smiled happily. "You're so welcome."

 

....................................................

 

It have been two weeks since their first meet. She showed him love. He showed her, well, nothing special in particular. But it was a great meeting. Marika walked outside of her school gate and slapped the tall figure that was waiting for her. "Ouch, what was that for?" The figure cried while rubbing the pained back of his head. "That's for making me fail my exam." "What? You failed?" Dongwoon's eyes enlarged. "Yeah. And now I can't go to that Science class. I had to go for Literature."

Instantly , guilt surrounded Dongwoon. It was his fault that Marika couldn't study properly. He'd been bugging her all day since their first meet. Marika surely had a hard time juggling between Soohyun, books and him. "I'm sorry, Marika." Dongwoon's head hung low. "Dongwoon." Marika called for him. He looked up and a light kiss landed on his cheek. "I'm just kidding. You're so cute when you're worried."

Dongwoon smiled and pinched Marika's cheeks. Thanks for showing me love.