Labyrinth: Chapter 8

Labyrinth
He woke up drenched in sweat. Gasping, he tossed around the bunk, trying to get some air but ended up falling off the mattress. Retching, he sprinted to the bathroom he shared with Dongwoo and spilled out his dinner.

He had the same dream again. Kidnapped, bound, again and again. Even the dark could not numb his senses. He remembered the immense relief when he first saw Commander Wooyoung who got him out of the hellhole. 

He changed into his combat uniform and went out to the track for a run. After a couple of laps; he collapsed onto the grass, panting. The cool night did nothing to soothe his anger and he felt unexplained tears roll down his cheeks. 

"You should talk about it," a small voice said. He immediately sat up and saw Haera dressed like him, curling up into an apprehensive ball. "Hey," Hoya said huskily, trying not to show he'd been crying. "What are you doing up?"

"I should ask you the same question," she grinned. "I need a lot more training than you guys if I want to stay alive don't I?"

Hoya's smile immediately thinned and he flipped back to the ground. "What exactly happens in there anyway?" she asked.

He stayed silent for a while, thinking. "Well, it's different. Usually you go in without training. The Selections are usually a form of punishment for those rebelling. They only use it for really talented people. So they still have one out of the group of talents.

They dump you in there with only training clothes and nothing else. No food, no water, nothing to defend yourself. The Captain's special forces then try to take you out in there."

She accidentally let out a small whimper which made Hoya wrap his arms around her. She really almost didn't stand a chance. "What did I do? What did you all do?"

"Nothing. This is merely punishment for Commanders Junho and Jinwoon. We are just lambs for the slaughter. I've only witnessed one of the Selections, the OneDay Selections. Nobody knows what they did but they were planning something and the Captain found out. Their plan was still being discussed in the woods. It wasn't easy to kill them, they were the best. Especially Jay Park. He was- I dunno- the driving force of the plan. He was the key. The rest were trying to make sure if they couldn't survive, Jay would be the last one standing.

But the Captain thought otherwise and drove them towards the mines. We all saw them get blown up. But the forces especially made sure Jay Park was dead. The rest were lucky. They pulled through after months of rehab and help. As for their commanders, MBLAQ hyungs," he winced at the thought. "They were publicly executed. A sword through the heart. The mark of traitors. Double punishment for OneDay. They lost their leader and Commander that day."

"They lost themselves too," the Commander had appeared without them noticing. He shook his head slightly to indicate they need not greet him.

He turned to Haera, "You asked why you were a part of this. You were born to be a part of this."

He turned to Hoya. "You too. All fifteen of you. It's not just punishment. It's your lineage. I'm not sure entirely what went wrong or what your deceased did. But the Captain wants revenge. But you all are too talented to be wasted. Which is why I don't think all of you will die.

Don't you get your hopes up. Both of you. Even if you don't die in the Selections, you'll come out and find your lives at stake again. I know I did."

************************************
"Hey Junho!" Taecyeon yelled. Junho heard him and slowed down but didn't stop so Taec could catch up. "What's up?" he asked softly. 

"Jokwon wants you in the mission room. Your girl's been cleared for a mission," Taec grinned in anticipation. Junho however frowned and punched Taec in the arm which the giant managed to avoid the brunt of. "She alone?" Junho asked.

"You'll see~" Taec trilled. "Okay I have I go see Yiseul now. Wooyoung needs backup in the hospice. Go see her before you leave ok? Yiseul misses her Junho oppa." Junho aimed another punch at the boy but he laughed and dodged again, too fast for Junho, before he loped towards the hospice.

Junho immediately rushed to the mission room and slid open the door without knocking. Changmin frowned at his insolence which he ignored. But he stopped short at the sight of Jinwoon and two BlockB boys in there. Minhyuk and Yukwon. Opposite them sat a very uncomfortable Hoya and a very nervous looking Haera.

"Brief me," Junho said to Jokwon. Jokwon slid the mission file to Junho who flipped through it. 

"Your target for this mission is an organised crime group in America. The Americans have started using North Korean refugees as es. A ship full of North Koreans will be arriving in California in 2 weeks from today. Your job is to infiltrate the ship and turn the ship around to land in Busan. Our forces will take over from there. Should be easy enough," Jokwon briefed.

"Which gang is this, Commander?" Yukwon asked. "The Red Dragons," Jokwon replied and grinned when the boy soldiers smirked and nudged each other.

Junho however raised his eyes and Jinwoon did the same. "Isn't six too little to be infiltrating a ship?" Jinwoon questioned. Jokwon's lips immediately pulled into a pout and Changmin sighed. "Commander keeps wishing our early death. But I have faith in you. Besides, you have a deadly SWAT sniper with you, and two of OneDay with you. If you need backup we'll override instructions and come join you."

Junho rolled his eyes. "I was expecting less. When do we leave?"

"In 3 hours. The copter will leave for the airport and you'll take  Hidden's plane. Should be ample time to pack...and see Yiseul," Jokwon teased. Junho glared daggers at him and said curtly, "I expect all of you at the helipad in 2 and a half hours for inspection." 

He pushed his wheeled chair back and grabbed Jinwoon on his way out, not waiting for Changmin and Jokwon to visit Wooyoung at the hospice.

And Yiseul. Of course.
***************************************
They found Wooyoung lying in the hospice to die. That's Wooyoung for you. Milking it out for all it's worth. But he stopped to sit upright and grin in welcome at the four boys. Jokwon slid in bed with him and teased, "A little bit old to be getting hurt during missions aren't you, Woodong?"

Junho's eyes caught Nichkhun's tightening. Buck had always been extra protective of Wooyoung who always had this instinct to save others except for himself. The problem was that he kept getting hurt in the process. Junho also felt Yiseul's eyes boring onto his side. He hadn't spoken to her since the evening on the roof.

"Ayyy," the Busan accent came out. "It's just a .35 in the leg that's all. I'll be completely normal in a month."

"Such a waste to spend it here," Junho smirked. "We're going to America  , Jinwoon and I."

Wooyoung's face scrunched in envy, "Damn, I'd pick America to be shot in over Japan any day."

"You're going to America with the girl and you didn't tell me?" Junho swallowed back his anger and replied as calmly as he could, still not looking at Yiseul. "I didn't know I had to inform you of my missions much less the people involved."

Everyone stayed silent. Khun folded his arms in amusement while Junsu openly grinned. Jokwon toyed with Wooyoung's fingers while the latter was staring back and forth at the duo. "You're really going to do this to me, aren't you? After all I've done for you, you're just going to choose her."

"Again, Yiseul. You're doing it again. Making this all about you," Junho snarled and turned towards her. "What business of yours is it if the girl comes. She's a soldier too, I'm not going to deprive her of a chance to live a little alright! And stop it with couple act. I'm not yours and I'm never going to be!"

Junho ran a hand through his hair, knocked Wooyoung on the forehead as goodbye and strode out the door.  Taec said a little coldly, "I haven't forgotten what you did to Jay and I never will but I'm saying this for your own good. Don't meddle with Junho."

Yiseul flashed a finger in anger and strode out of the room as well.

Jinwoon raised his eyes, "Well that was dramatic. Want to help me pack, hyungs?"

"I'll go check on Haera. She might need a little help," Jokwon mumbled.

**********************************
Haera was panicking a little. Being a girl, she had more things to pack. Pills, pads and tampons, more underwear. Plus it was her first mission and she didn't want to screw up because she forgot to bring something.

"Ah where did the knife go?" she cursed and ly to bump into Commander Jokwon. In shock, she stumbled backwards, only to trip over her duffle bag. Luckily, being a OneDay member had its merits and instinct made him automatically reach for her.

"Commander, what are you doing in my room?" she asked in shock. He just shrugged and pulled open her armor cabinet, producing the knife she was looking for. She thanked him politely and continued to pack, conscious of the company.

"Are you nervous?" he asked lightly. "A little, not really looking forward to killing people," she replied. 

He chuckled a little. "Well, we all have our moments but if all goes well, the task shouldn't lie on you." She smiled a little but stayed silent.

Jokwon sighed at what he was about to say. "Haera-ssi. You need to be careful," he stated seriously. "The Captain is watching you and your team very carefully. And that includes Junho. One wrong move and it could change the odds to not be in your favour."

"The odds have never been in my favour," she whispered. Jokwon stood up and looked at her in the eye, "I wouldn't say so. You have a strong team and an even stronger Commander. And you have the whole of OneDay protecting all of you.

Your only problem is that Junho has feelings for you. You might not return the same but it doesn't matter. You could easily be a target and it'll make him vulnerable."

Haera simply stared in shock. She couldn't believe what Jokwon was saying. "C-c-commander, are you sure-?"

"Definitely. Nothing in this campus escapes my notice. Especially when it has to do with my brother. Be careful around him, when you find him too hard to resist, that's when you know you're both in danger," he said softly, fear and genuine pain coating his words. "Finish your first mission smoothly. I'll see you very soon."

And then he left her hanging, mouth agape and staring after him in shock.

*****************************
15 hours later...

All six of them stood grimy and sweaty from the long horrible plane ride to America. The car had only dropped them off at the edge of the forest but they still had to walk up to the house. Hoya, Minhyuk and Ukwon began to walk faster up the hill, excited. Junho and Jinwoon just rolled their eyes. All of them had been to America for missions and stayed at this same house. Hoya had promised her quarters and food fit for a king.

The house was brick, covered with ivy and moss, just like something out of a classic. But it served more purpose than that. The house had more security than any building in the state. It's ivy and moss made it all harder for perpetrators. After Junho logged all their fingerprints into the database, the boys rushed to claim the best rooms, leaving Haera and the Commanders stranded in the foyer. Again, the Commanders rolled their eyes.

Junho gave her a little nudge. "Go on, go claim a room," he said softly. She looked at him questioningly, "What about you? Shouldnt the seniors get the better rooms?"

Jinwoon chortled in amusement and walked towards a concealed door behind a wall, sliding it open to fit himself in and sliding it back close. Junho smirked, "Don't worry, I'm sharing with Jinwoon in the panic room. You go on."

Haera shrugged and climbed the stairs to her room. She bit back her shivering lip. Her room was almost an exact replica of her old one. White, large, sophisticated. Her torture chamber.

She stifled a sigh and started to unpack and change out of her airplane clothes. Someone had to start the dinner.


****************************
Hi dearest subbies! I'm sorry this chapter didn't really asks see much questions! But there's gonna be a love scene between her and Junho next!! SO BE EXCITED YEAH???

Again, please comment more guys!