Labyrinth: Chapter 13

Labyrinth
"Tell me," Junho warned. "You can do better than that. Tell me!"

"Tell you what, oppa?" Haera said, fear flitting through her face. "Don't call me that," Junho spat.

The peacemaker, Taecyeon stepped up, "Junho, calm down."

"Were you seeing Jay? Were you?"

For half a second, Haera froze and turned paler. However she seemed to pull herself together. "This is the hospice, oppa, not a field. If you want to shout nonsense, please do so outside. If you have nothing else to say, please take your leave now."

Junho started forward again but Khun stepped in front of him with a haunting expression on his face. "We will take our leave now but hear this: we know what happened, all we want to find out is why. If you know something and you're hiding it, I won't hesitate to kill you," Khun said coldly and pulled Junho from the room.
****************************

Panting, Hoya silently cursed as his thighs burned. He had just finished his 22nd round around the 400m track and was going on to the next round. 

Related to Sunggyu...

It's your lineage...

Lee Howon, Lee Sungyeol, Lee Sungjong, Lee Minhyuk, Lee Taeil...


"Arghhh!" He grunted in anger and sprinted faster, ignoring the heat in his thighs and the rapidly contracting muscles of his chest and calves.

Soon after, the pain settled in and was too much, he limped to the field and collapsed to the ground. A few seconds later, Dongwoo rushed over and began massaging his cramped calves as the rest of Infinite came over, panting as they finished their run.

"Are you crazy?" Sunggyu scowled. "You know you can't run like that without injuring yourself! 25 rounds of sprints is just crazy, Howon."

"Dont call me that!" Hoya spat.

"What's going on, Hoya? You're usually smart enough to divide your rounds. What's on your mind?" Woohyun asked, concerned.

Hoya didn't answer. Woohyun was about to press him for more when Sungjong spoke. "I know it's confusing, hyung. Being related now when we lived such hard lives, it's crazy. But there's someone out there out to get us and you can't keep going on like this. The Commander needs us all to survive."

"I just don't want anyone else to die. Now that I know we're related, it's going to be harder to keep myself in check," Hoya muttered.

Dongwoo stopped as a tear rolled down his cheek, "You mean to say, even if you weren't related to some, you'd have no qualms killing us off?"

Hoya refused to look at any of them but Dongwoo grabbed him and Hoya found himself staring at Dongwoo's tear filled beautiful eyes. His arm shot out and pulled Dongwoo to his chest.

"No, I was planning on being the sacrifice in the end. If I have to kill any of you, I'd rather die.

But if we're family, I meant to spend the rest of our lives together."

**********************************
The next day Infinite strode to the lawn where Junho was waiting for them. Scanning the boys, he scowled a little. "Where is L?" he questioned.

"Unaffirmative, Commander. He disappeared at night, I think he checked himself into the hospice," Sungyeol answered.

Junho's frowned remained. Nobody should be getting sick now. "Make sure you check up on him later. I don't need anyone else getting hurt. Now let's start."

"Sir!" They shouted in response and began to warm up and start the training. Since Infinite were even, Junho sparred with Junsu who just had to poke his nose in at the wrong time. 

Junsu sprinted along the field. He was thinner and faster than Junho who was muscular and shorter, giving the older a speedy advantage. Junho, however was smarter and lithe, he sprinted the across the field instead and overtook Junsu, sending a flying nun chuck at him. Junsu's hand shot out in the nick of time, catching it. 

They both began to spar, chains twisting around chains, bodies colliding with each other. Their fight took them back to Infinite where they clashed with Hoya and Dongwoo, two of the fittest. Hoya covered Junho and smirked. Dongwoo on the other hand scoffed lightly, "up."

Junsu snickered and began to cover Dongwoo. In no time at all, both the Commander and the Hawk had their opponents' faces in the grass. Dongwoo cussed when Hoya ruffled his hair and chuckled.

Junsu however, lay still and frowned as Junho straddled him. Junho knew that look well. Junsu had this ability to prophesize danger or unfavorable situations after his stint with the Japanese in the mountains, just like Hoya with SWAT. The Emperor immediately helped the hyung up. "What's wrong?" He demanded.

"Something happened. I can tell, someone's hurt or maybe more than one. Look, Jinwoon's coming!"

And sure enough, the Oneday maknae was rushing to his hyungs with a stricken look on his face. Junho's heart leapt a little in apprehension.

"What's going on?!" 

"Are any of your members missing?" Jinwoon asked.

"Missing?!" Dongwoo accidentally shouted and Junho shot him a glare to shut him up but the damage was done, Infinite had heard.

"Who's missing?" Sunggyu asked.

"Kyung is missing. Zico said he when he woke up at around 3 this morning, Kyung was gone but Zico thought he went to the hospice because he was unwell yesterday. I went to check but the medics said no-one new checked in last night."

"God damn!" Sunggyu burst out and strode away. "I'll go after him," Woohyun offered and followed suit.

Junsu sighed and ran a hand through his curls, "It's L. If he's not in the hospice he's definitely gone."

"Alright, all of you listen to me. You're going to train by yourselves as per normal. Keep this to yourselves. If a word about this incident is even breathed, I'll throw you into the Selections myself. You understand?" Junho thundered.

"Yes, sir!" 

**********************************
Jokwon hurried around the room typing fervently at different computers. Junho, Jinwoon and Junsu burst in, finding the rest already there. 

"Jinwoon sounded the alarm," Taec explained. 

"Campus is clear," Seulong said. "I ordered a sweep with my most trusted team. They're definitely not here."

"Security logged a vehicle leaving at 2.36 am this morning. License plate was ours," Jokwon read out from the computer.

"Jesus, it's an inside job?" Wooyoung breathed. Junsu rolled his eyes and snickered. Both Junho and Jinwoon shot him scathing looks.

"Don't worry, I can bypass GPS shutdown of everything in Hidden. It'll take about an hour. We should prepare before then," Jokwon said.

Khun and Taec brought out suitcases from the concealed panels. "We're using these for the mission. Best to let as little people know we were there," Khun stated.

Inside the suitcases were clothing items. Another revealed empty weapons. Another revealed cartridges and bullets. Yet another suitcase contained sharp weapons.

"I really really have a bad feeling about this," Junsu whined slightly. Everyone in the room stopped and stared at the boy, stunned. Junsu was usually the cool and mischievous one, one who didn't take missions seriously enough and took things as they came.

Seulong stepped back a little from the table, "Maybe we shouldn't-"

"Shouldn't what?" Junho snarled. "We're just gonna let two kids die? After we broke it to them that they're all related? They're just about to begin a new chapter of their lives together for 's sake. I'm going alone even if I have to."

"So am I," Jinwoon growled. "I'm sorry hyungs but Kyung is my responsibility. I'll get him out of there or die trying."

Wooyoung who had a strangely determined look on his face stated, "Our Commanders would have done the same. I'm going too."

"No, you're not," Khun corrected. "He's right, Wooyoung. You're still injured. Whoever wants to stay with him, stay. The rest of us are going," Taec said.

All of them glared at each other for a while, each daring the other to drop out until Changmin laughed. "Don't be ridiculous, guys. Let's just get dressed. Everyone will go in the end and you know it."

They all relaxed at his words and smiled a little. It all reminded them of what they were three years ago before it all happened. The small arguments that rose quickly but stopped quickly at the same time.

"Wooyoung!" Jokwon chided as Wooyoung sneakily tried to strap a knife to his shin. "Get this in. YOU. ARE. NOT. GOING!"

"Aw man!"
***********************************



OOH MY FEELS SO MANY SHIPS! KHUNYOUNG, ZIKYUNG, YADONG, MYUNGYEOL, WOOGYU, JUNBROS all in one chapter! Phew.