Labyrinth: The Final Chapter

Labyrinth

Hoya watched in horror as the Yiseul shot Junho in the chest. The world seemed to stop spinning as the Commander was knocked back at the force of the bullet. Reacting, he cocked his own gun and shot a bullet through her head.

 
Other men swept in, trying to get to Hoya but more shots rang out, causing the men to drop like sliced puppets. Five men stood standing, him and four others. Four others who weren't even concerned about him but were bent over the Commander. Dressed in sleek black and leather, their hair a bunch of different shades, he watched as the red haired one shook Junho and whined when he didn't stir.
 
He cocked his gun again, ready to fire when the other three men turned to pull their guns on him. "He thinks we're here to kill him," the blond one scoffed.
 
There brown haired boy with the plush lips shushed him, "He doesn't know who we are."
 
"Listen," the raven haired one with the stubble said gently, "We're not gonna hurt you, just drop the gun."
 
"He's not breathing, he's not breathing!" the red haired one shrieked. At once, Hoya dropped the gun and ran towards him. "Commander!" he yelled. The blonde caught him around the waist as he struggled.
 
"Hyung, we need to get him out of here!" the red haired one cried. 
 
"Stop struggling!" the blonde yelled at Hoya who was screaming vulgarities at them all when a blow to the head by the brown haired boy knocked him unconscious. 
 
"Right, let's go join the others," he ordered as the red haired one draped Junho across his back and rushed for the Gates.
 
************************************
Hoya's head throbbed as he slowly gained consciousness. The ground beneath him shook and he felt hands on himself. But the air around him felt clean, he could hear frantic noises and rushing about.
 
"His blood pressure's dropping!" 
 
"We need to get the blood out of his lungs or they're going to collapse."
 
The Commander.
 
Hoya moaned and struggled to stay awake when Jokwon whispered in his ear, "Its ok, don't try to get up. Everything's fine."
 
But everything couldnt be fine, surely. He suddenly wanted Dongwoo. Wanted him so badly, it ached.
 
How was anything fine?
 
******************************
Dongwoo woke up to a searing pain in his left arm. His head and body throbbed painfully with numbness. The light made his eyes ache even when closed. 
 
Realization hit him that he was not only standing, but bound to a thick pole behind him.
 
No, no, it couldn't be. 
 
Slowly, as if it cost him every effort to do so, Dongwoo opened his eyes to the burning light. There were tons of soldiers merely staring at him; the OneDay commanders occupied the first row, their faces bruised and ashen.
 
"Today," the Captain was saying, "We hold this execution in light of the tragic death of one of our own yesterday. Ham Yiseul, daughter of head medic Ham, was shot to death by Lee Howon, member of Infinite. Unfortunately, several members have escaped along with Howon. As such, punishment will be doled out to their members due to their selfish behavior."
 
"As a mark of the traitor, a sword will be driven through their hearts. And their corpses shall forever be branded with their symbol."
 
So that's what hurt him so much, Dongwoo thought. The brand.
 
There was no fear. After what the Commanders had told them, it was merely a fight for survival. Death did not hurt those who were prepared.
 
But among them, there was one unprepared member. Kim Haera woke up to an execution and a branded shoulder when she could have woken up beside Junho.
 
As the soldiers lined up in front of the remaining members of BlockB and Infinite, Dongwoo merely smiled. Swords were lined up to their chests, yet nobody uttered a sound. 
 
When the sword plunged through their chests, it wasn't the pain that bothered them but the fact that they didn't get to see the faces of those they loved the most.
 
L, Hoya, Sunggyu, Junho.
 
Dongwoo felt the sharp tip of the blade pierce his skin, felt the intense pressure of it breaking through his ribs. Yet all he could think about was the boy who had kissed him in the forest in front of their friends. A boy so selfless with a heart so pure he was almost an angel. Dongwoo's lips trembled, he couldn't muster a smile especially when he felt the blade being pulled out, his lungs burning from the blood and the sting of air. At least they didn't hit his heart, at least they didn't touch the boy that he loved more than anything else in the world.
 
His eyes misted over as his lungs began to give out. His mind went back to the days of chasing Hoya on the field, playfully wrestling with him in the sand, Hoya giving him that cocky smirk of his behind his sword when they dueled. 
 
It was sad, really, that at the brink of death, all he thought about was Hoya.
**********************************
They say love is an endless journey. One could travel to the end of the road only to be returned. To discover new things about the person you love, with the  person you love, is a glorious thing. 
 
A Labyrinth, of sorts. 
Infinite, endless and limitless. 
 
Through Dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, a labyrinth will encircle them once more as they struggle to find what's left of themselves and the world around them.
 
The End.