Chapter Three, An Extremely Short Chapter

Snow White

 

“You were running from me, darling.” He got even closer, his sweet breath mingling with mine. My heart which was already beating hard, began pulsing crazily. My stomach clenched and my blood thickened in my body. Was he going to kiss me or not? Did I want him to? I lowered my eyes, preparing for the contact of his lips. As he went in for the kiss, a messenger rode up frantically.

“Your Highness! Your Highness!” My eyes flew open. Highness?

“Yes, Mr. Kim? What is it?” As he turned to face the man astride the large horse, I took my opportunity, and ran. “ Where are you going?” Sunggyu yelled as I departed.

“Well, Your Highness, I must be going.” I paused to turn back to look at him one last time. He really was perfect in every way, damn he was even a prince!

“But I don't even know your name!” I continued walking away, still facing him. Turning I yelled “Snow!” I quickly disappeared into the thick forest.

Turning to his valet he said “I need that girl...”

I continued on my way, refusing to stop to rest. At sunset I finally gave up. I had been walking in circles passing the same tunnel of trees three times. I walked down the path and stumbled upon a quaint cottage. Peering into the windows I saw six men dressed in black huddled around a table. I watched as they planned what looked like a robbery, to a house of an Aristocrat in the Queen's kingdom. They all agreed to something, and the six left. After peering into the windows once again, I found they left a young girl, around my age, to clean and cook dinner.

The delicious aroma of the girl's stew made my stomach ache and quiver. I dared to get closer to the source of the smell, when the girl came outside to beat the rug I was hidden behind. We made eye contact and both screamed on the top of our lungs.