Chapter Two in Which the Girl Runs Away

Snow White

 

“How..? W-why?” I stammered, a red blush slowly spread across my cheeks. My curly black hair falling in front of my face.

He brushed the hair back behind my ear, and my stomach dropped. As he dragged his knuckles across my reddened cheeks he said “I saw you sitting on the rock earlier. I came closer thinking you had hurt yourself, but that's when I noticed you dress... Sorry.” He blushed slightly as he let out a slight chuckle.

“Well thank you, sir bu-” I said as I demurely looked at my feet.

“Sunggyu.” My head snapped up and I blinked once.

“Excuse me?” It came out of nowhere. I wondered if he was okay, you know, mentally.

Smiling he replied, “ Sunggyu, that's my name. But you still haven't told me yours.”

I shook my head. “I do not mean to be rude, but I must be going.” I quickly walked past him, making a frenzied pace towards the path. Before I could actually make it, Sunggyu caught up to me, and grabbing my wrist pulled me to a halt. I collided with his chest and gasped. Attempting to pull my wrist free from his gentle, yet iron like grip, I exclaimed “ Let go of me!”

“As long as you promise not to run away again.” he looked down at the top of my head and watched in amusement as I tried to free myself. Pushing off his chest I looked up into his face.

“I wasn't running away, I simply need to be on my way.” His eyes twinkled.

“You were running. I was surprised you could move so fast.” If looks could kill Sunggyu would have been beheaded by now.

“I had no reason to run, sir. Now, will you please let me go?” I huffed as I yanked back. I continued to yank, until he let go and I tumbled backward. I fell with an intake of breath, and fell hard on the compacted ground. Tears formed in my eyes as I rubbed my bruised . I glared up at the still standing man, who offered his hand with a deep melodious laugh. I grabbed his hand and Sunggyu helped me up. I turned around and began dusting my backside. I immediately stopped when I felt him help me. I turned my head and glared at him some more. Taking this opportunity, he got closer, mere inches from my face.