Sleep.

Hello, I love you.

3rd Person POV

"Do you like me?" Taemin simply asked, his face showing no emotion. Minho simply closed his eyes and looked down.

"Hyung?"

"T-Taemin..." Minho whispered. "I..."

"Y-You like me, don't you?" 

"Actually, I think I d-don't." Minho winced at the last word, grimacing at his lie.

I can't tell Taemin. I just cant. Minho thought. If I do, our friendship is ruined. Damn my stupidity.

"What?" Taemin muttered in an expression that looked like a mix of relief and disbelief. "But what about-- How about the--"

"You mean when you were singing in the shower?" Minho quickly said. "Ah, I only sang along for the heck of it."

"But you said--"

"Nah, I said my part and then called you right after, telling you it's time to eat." Minho shivered inside as beads of nervous sweat made it's way down his neck. "It probably just sounded like it did since you were in the shower and everything is muffled."

God, I hate lying to Taemin. I hope he doesn't find out the truth. Minho thought, mentally slapping himself for the reckless act he did earlier this morning that could've cost him his friendship with Taemin.

"But why did you leave right away?" Taemin asked with confused but slightly contented expression.

Minho cleared his throat. "You don't expect me to wait for you, do you? I was hungry too!" Minho chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, okay." Taemin sighed a sigh of relief but he still had a lot of questions in his mind.

Hyung is a terrible liar. Taemin thought to himself. Or maybe he isn't, but I can still tell if he's telling the truth or not. And he's definitely not.

"So you don't like me. That's a relief."

A relief? Minho thought, his heart clenching a bit. So he didn't want me to like him?

"Come here, Taemin." Minho patted the spot beside him on his bed.

Taemin nodded, throwing Minho a knowing look that the latter did not notice, and sat down beside him. Taemin could still feel the tension between them, but at least it was a bit lesser than before. 

"I like you Taemin," Minho whispered as Taemin settled into Minho's free arm, using his bicep as a cushion for Taemin's neck. "I like you very much. But I like you as a brother only."

"Mm..." Taemin hummed. Something jumped inside of him; he's not sure what, but it's something that caused him to feel a surge of disappointment run through his body. What exactly he was disappointed about, he didn't quite know.

"Have a little faith in your hyung, Taemin-ah." Minho chuckled as he ruffled Taemin's hair.

"Okay, hyung." Taemin said, feeling disappointed even more.

 

Minho's POV

I felt something beside me move around and it caused my eyes to flutter open. I look around the darkness for the glow-in-the-dark wall clock Tiffany-noona got me for my birthday.

"4 : 00 AM?" I whispered when I found that clock at the corner of the room, and I felt the presence beside me move around again.

Taemin and I probably fell asleep in the position we were in last night, explaining why he wasn't in his bed and was in mine. 

I enjoyed the feeling of warmth and happiness Taemin was giving off just by being beside me. He always gave me a reason to wake up early in the morning; whether it be his constant nightmares, his playful tickling or his undying concern that if I slept too long that my eyes would grow bigger than they already were. Either way, I still wake up, happy as can be, knowing that it was because of his love for me that I he would wake me up early in the morning.

I looked at his angelic face, allured by his milky white skin, his long, elegant eyelashes and pink, plump lips. I've always had the urge to kiss Taemin, ever since I had developed romantic feelings for the adorable maknae, but I knew that doing so would destroy the beautiful relationship we already have if ever he rejected my love.

I sighed quietly, resenting the fact that Taemin probably won't ever be mine. To just be friends. But I also smiled, knowing that this angel would be my friend forever as long as I kept it that way.

I lowered my head down so my lips were right above Taemin's cheek. I stared at him, particularly his eyes, to seek any sign of consciousness. After concluding that he was indeed asleep, I lowered my head further so that my lips were only lightly pressed against Taemin's cheek.

I stayed like that for almost 5 minutes before I finally pulled away, leaving a little pink mark on his cheek that looked very cute and resembled a heart.

I settled into our position, snaking my arms around Taemin's shoulders and arms and nuzzling my face into the back of his neck, like we always do when we sleep together.

"Neomaneul saranghae." I whispered before I let sleep take me, not knowing that there was someone, quietly and stealthily watching the whole scene from the doorway.

 

...............

A/N: Whew! Last update for the day! Sorry again guys ><

And by the way, comments are loved! It's what motivates me to continue writing, so please shower me with comments and I'll try to reply to every single one!