Do you like me?

Hello, I love you.

 

Taemin's POV

Rrrrrrrrrrrring! Rrrrrrrrrrring!

"Unggg.." I moaned as I slapped the alarm clock off the table. It kept on ringing after a few seconds, so I took my really thick book and threw it at the noisy monstrosity. 

I looked at my phone for the time since I was too sleepy to get out of bed and look at the alarm clock and it was way too early to start getting ready for my schedule.

I closed my eyes again and began drifting into unconsciousness.

After a while, I felt my body shaking back and forth slightly, and realized that someone was just trying to wake me up.

"Taemin-ah." the voice cooed. It sounded familiar, but I was too sleepy to even recognize whose voice it was.

"Leave me alone, I'm sleeping." I groaned and rolled around in my bed still keeping my eyes closed as I faced the disturbance.

"Taemin-ah, wake up." the voice said soothingly as his hand gently rubbed my head.

I knew that gesture very well.

"Minho?" I said, opening my eyes slightly, peeking from under my bangs.

He smiled as he started tugging on my arm.

I closed my eyes, remembering a certain event that made its mark in my head for all eternity.

 

I got off the bed right after Minho left the room and gathered the clothes I was going to wear for rehearsals. I put them on the rack in the bathroom, stripped down to nothing and got in the shower. I turned the heat up and the glass panels started to fog.

"Aaaah~" I huffed. "The water is so nice."

A few moments later, I found myself singing our "WOWOWOW" song in the shower. I didn't care if the hyungs heard me since i was enjoying myself too much.

Meoril manjigo geowul bogo tto bogo 
Na maeil maeil neo hanaro teukbyeol hae, eh

(I fix my hair, I look in the mirror again and again, everyday is special because of you, eh)

Sarange naneun ppajyeo beorin geol, oh,
Neoyegen meojyeo boigo peun geol

(I'm have fallen in love oh, I want to appear cool to you)

I heard the door open. I wanted to peak, but I didn't, since I didn't care annymore.

Naege eoseo palli, woooh

(Quickly, woooh)

"Neomaneul saranghae (I only love you), Taemin." someone whispered from outside, audible enough for me to hear. The voice was familiar, but it was muffled by the sound of the shower.

"W-Who's there?" I asked, but got no response.                      

I quickly put on my towel and started tiptoeing my way out of the bathroom so I could catch whoever the person was.

I walked out the bathroom door and saw that the bedroom door was slightly open; an obvious sign that there was indeed, an intruder.

"Aish, that was close." someone sighed in relief. Was that... Minho?! "He didn't see me."

M-Minho, liked me...? "What the ." I whispered to myself.

I walked to the door in an attempt to chase after him, but stopped in my tracks as he turned around at the same time, staring at me in shock, which indicated that I was wearing the same expression he was.

I closed the door quickly, and sat down, not knowing what to do after that.

...

"Taemin-ah?" he whispered as he brushed strands of hair off of my face. "Don't go back to sleep!"

"Minho-yah." I said as I sat up and looked at him with a stern expression. "I'm going to ask a question."

He suddenly became tense, so it meant that he knew what I was going to ask.

"W-What is it?" he stuttered.

"Do you li-"

"Uh, I have to go to the gym right now, Taemin. Maybe later." he quickly said as he bounded off. "Bye!"

 

Minho's POV

I stayed at the gym for at least 8 hours, and I didn't even come home right away. I didn't want to, since I knew Taemin knew my secret now. And that meant that our friendship was now ruined and it was all because of my recklessness. What was the point of going home when the person I loved probably hates me now. That was the reason that I kept staying longer at the gym.

The look on Taemin's face when he saw me walking away from our room. It was heartbreaking to know that the person you loved didn't love you back, but what could I do about it.

I decided to go home when I realized I didn't bring my wallet with me and I was supper tired and hungry. When I did get home, it was around 8 PM and Key started getting all y and kept throwing PMS fits at me for leaving early and coming home late. He finally settled down after his third session of angry speeches and invited us all to dinner.

"Minho, call Taemin for me." Key said while he was setting the table.

I was about to protest but the glare Key shot at me made me shut up and walk away right away.

I took a deep breath before opening Taemin's door. 

I turned the knob. "Locked?"

Knock knock knock. "Taemin-ah?"

I heard the door unlock and I waited for Taemin to come out, but he didn't.

"Taemin?" I said. "It's time to eat."

"I'm coming." he said flatly.

He threw the door open, almost hitting me in the process, but he shook it off. He just smiled at me awkwardly before quickly striding to the kitchen.

 

Taemin's POV

We all sat at the table like we usually do every night, but everything seemed different.

Key kept on clearing his throat and sniffing as if to fight back tears, which made me think that something was up between him and Jonghyun, who was busy hiding his face, his ears red from what seemed to be anger and embarrassment, and kept on glaring at Onew, who was, oblivious, as usual.

Minho, on the other hand, kept on squirming in his seat, not even touching his food.

Seconds grew into hours as the awkward atmosphere grew even more and more awkward. No one spoke a word, not even a sound, just the constant noise of clattering of utensils.

I didn't like this feeling. Minho was my bestfriend, and now, just because of something I probably just misheard, we became very distant and I didn't like it, one little bit. But I could not do anything. I could not force myself to do anything because I hate the fact that I have to ask him if he likes me. If I could, I wouldn't even ask him. But I had to, if I want us to be friends again. Who knows? Maybe I just misheard, and maybe he doesn't really like me. 

"It's decided," I whispered to myself reluctantly. "I'm going to confront Minho-hyung."

...

"Well, I'll be going to bed now." Key huffed after we were done washing the dishes. "Sleep tight Kiddo."

He stalked of to his room and I gave him a strange look when I saw him look down when he and Jonghyun crossed paths.

"Now's the time." I gulped.

I slowly walked to Minho and my room, reluctantly taking each step. When I finally got to the doorway, I was met with a very nervous Minho, "reading" a book that was upside down.

"Hey, Taemin." he said. "You should sleep now. It's getting late."

"I still have to ask you a question." I said. My heart was seriously beating 10 times faster.

"I don't know, Taemin, I'm sorta busy." he said, scrambling for a notebook and a pen and started scribbling things down.

I was about to bail right then and there and not ask the question. But if I did, what would happen between Minho and me?

 

I hated the fact that I had to ask this question. I hate the fact that I even thought of asking this question. But my overly curious teenage mind is telling me to. And if I didn't, the air between Minho and I will just become more awkward and tenser than ever.

"Minho-ah." I whispered as I drew closer to him. "Look at me."

"T-Taemin-ah," he stuttered. "I'm s-sorta busy right n-now-"

"No, look at me."

He turned around reluctantly, and I saw that he had been blushing. His ears and cheeks were very red, and his hands were trembling. His whole body was shaking, and I think I knew why.

"Do you like me?"

 

....

A/N: What do you think? ;A;

I'm very sorry for updating so long! Mianhe~