Perfect Gift?

Hello, I love you.

3rd Person POV

All day was a blur. Key was rushed to the hospital right after being side-swept by a truck, hitting his head on the bumper and then the cold, hard pavement. Onew and Taemin followed by their manager, ran to the hospital and frantically stood outside the operating room as they waited to hear what happened to him and if he was going to be okay.

Suddenly, after almost 24 hours of waiting, the doctor slowly walked out of the operationg room, his surgical gloves bloody and forehead sweaty.

"Doctor!" Onew ran up to him, clutching at his shoulder and being followed by Taemin. Jonghyun stayed with the manager in the hospital chapel, crying his heart out. "Is he going to be okay?"

"Can we see him now?" Taemin said, eyes welling with tears.

The doctor looked down, removed his gloves and stepped back.

"Where are the others?" the doctor whispered in a sad yet reassuring tone. "I have some good news and some bad news."

....

Each day, the four became closer and closer together, visiting Key everytime they can, hoping that they would find him awake and ready to go back home to their much abandoned apartment and they can all live as if nothing had happened. They would forget everything that had gone between them, and they could be a happy family, just like how they were before everything started to take a turn for the worse.

The problem was that Key didn't wake up. Everytime one of them would visit, always hopeful, they would always find him in the same position: laying motionless on his bed, eyes closed and a blank expression on his face.

"He's as good as dead, isn't he?" One reporter said during a press conference, which lead the members to excuse themselves for "personal" reasons and Jonghyun to spiral into depression for another week.

....

It had been countless months, almost a year, since the accident and Key has yet to wake up. It was during one faithful day, May 25, the day they debuted years ago in 2008, when all of the members, free of schedules and appointments, decided to visit Key for their group's birthday.

It started from an alarm that rang from the machine connected to Key's wrists, and four boys running towards the bed of an already stirring Key.

"Oh my God, look. He's moving." Jonghyun whispered, about to cry.

The months that they kept on waiting, kept on hoping, they thought, finally paid off. Finally, something good came out of all the sacrifices, hardships and sleepless nights. The doctor had said that Key may be in a coma for a year or so, but when he finally wakes up, he'll be back to normal, and everything would be fine.

It was, for them, a perfect gift.

...

Or so they thought.

 

 

Key POV

I breathe in. I smell the faint scent of cleansers and sterile air. What is that? There are people whispering. Where am I right now? Am I dead?

"Oh my God, look. He's moving," a familiar voice said, distraught.

I slowly open my eyes, peeking from the little slits I make from them, and see the bright shine of the flourescent bulb above me. I open my eyes completely now, seeing nothing but a blur of white and a bunch of other colors, but mostly white.

"Key! Key, can you hear me?"

"Oh my God, he's not saying anything!"

"He must be mute!"

"Don't be stupid, hyung."

A barrage of familiar but unrecognizable voices float through the air as I try to make sense of what I'm hearing and seeing, which is practically nothing.

A few minutes later, my vision clears up, and I see four worried faces, each having its own distinct characteristics. I look into each one of them, seeing the for the first time, but feeling as if I've known them for years.

"W-Where am I?" I ask, looking around me as I try to sit up. There's a red head sitting on a chair beside my bed. a black haired man with small, slit-like eyes, chubby cheeks and a huge smile, a tall, muscular boy standing near the red head and finally a short, dark-haired man, sitting opposite of me on my bed.

"You're in the hospital, Key. You've been here for months." said the red-haired teenager, looking very worried and on the verge of tears. "How are you feeling?"

"I-I'm fine," I stutter. "Where's my mother?"

"Uh, Key," began the short, dark haired man who was sitting on the foot of my bed, rubbing my legs affectionately. "Your mom's not here. She hasn't seen you since last year. Well, she never cared to see you anyway, since you've always called her, almost everyday." He chuckled lightly.

"Oh, okay," I look around and feel comforted yet a bit confused. "Um, can I ask you one last question?"

The dark haired man removed himself from my bed and walked toward me leaning closely into my face. I felt a bit nervous, and my heart was beating uncontrollably. "Uh..."

"What is it Key? You can ask your Jongie anything." he said. Jongie? That's his name?

"Maybe you should let him rest for a bit longer." The tall boy chided. "He's probably wiped out from being... Uh, wiped out for so long."

"He has someting to say, Minho," the other, older guy with chubby cheeks said. "He hasn't even moved for 10 months. Let's be thankful that he can even talk. So, what is it, Key?"

"Uh," I began " I don't know how to ask this but, do I know you?"

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AN UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'm so sorry for dying, readers! I studied the works of great authors and feature writers, so I'm feeling a bit more confident about my new and improved (?) writing style! XD

I'm so glad some of you are still subscribed to my story! I expected half to have unsubscribed already. I love you all! <3333333

I'll be updating regularly-ish from now on. I LOVE YOU <3 COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!