Chapter 8

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

 

The kiss lasts just a second as Ryeowook pulled back, looking down. Both turned crimson as they faced away each other. Around them, Kibum and the others are cheering except for Sungmin, who is practically eating Ryeowook alive by his glare.

 

“ Can we go on now? “ Sungmin said as he rolled his eyes.

 

As the cheers died down, Kibum cleared his throat and faced Sungmin.

 

“ Sungmin, do you still have feelings for Kyuhyun? “ he asked and turned to Yesung, who is obviously surprised. “ No offence Yesung, we’re just having fun. “ Kibum said to Yesung who in return, nodded his head and smiled.

 

Ryeowook glanced at Kyuhyun and saw that the other is looking at Sungmin. They are both looking at each other’s eyes. Minutes passed and no answer was heard from Sungmin. Kibum cleared his throat to get their attention. Ryeowook saw Yesung nudged Sungmin. Finally, after the long wait, Sungmin closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

 

“ Yes. “

 

“ What?!” all the people around the circle asked at the same time. Yesung’s eyes widened, a flash of emotion can be seen in it.

 

“ Yes. I still love him. I still love you Kyuhyun and I want you back. “ Sungmin said, as he opened his eyes and stared at Kyuhyun straight to the eye. 

 

“ Excuse me. “ all eyes turned to Yesung, who got up and left.

 

“ I guess the game is over. Err, see you later guys. “ Kibum awkwardly said as he also got up and left together with the others.

 

Only Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Sungmin we’re left at the sand. “ Can we talk Kyuhyun? “ Sungmin asked. Ryeowook decided to get up, to give them privacy when he felt Kyuhyun’s hand around his.

 

“ Where are you going? “ Kyuhyun asked him.

 

“ I’m just going to get some drinks. I’ll be back soon. “ he said and nodded at Sungmin’s direction. “ And he wants to talk to you. Go settle this now. You finally got him back. “ he whispered, before leaving. He didn’t look back as he made his way towards their shared room.

 

Once he reached his destination, he flops down to the bed. Just a while ago, he didn’t know what triggered him to do that kiss. Well, he actually knows. It is when he saw Sungmin’s challenging face that made him do it. He wasn’t supposed to feel that way. This is all so wrong. But after hearing Sungmin’s words to Kyuhyun, reality hits his head. He has feelings that are not right for him to feel towards Kyuhyun.  For heaven’s sake! He has a boyfriend and Kyuhyun is its best friend!

 

He shook his head hard. This has to stop. They already succeed at getting Sungmin back. Isn’t that what their goal from the start? Ryeowook didn’t realize that he was crying already when he felt something wet at his lips. Crying turned to sobbing. Just the thought of Kyuhyun and Sungmin getting back together made him cry.  His trance was broken when he heard his phone ringing. Without bothering to look up who it is, he answered it, voice hoarse.

 

“ Are you crying? “

 

His eyes widen and nearly dropped the phone.

 

……………………..

 

“ What do you want to talk about? “ Kyuhyun asked as he and Sungmin strolled at the beach.

 

“ You know what it is. I still love you Kyuhyun. You won. “

 

“ I’m sorry. “

 

Sungmin’s steps halted and turned to Kyuhyun. “ What? “

 

“ I don’t love you anymore the way I used to be. “

 

“  You’re kidding aren’t you? Isn’t this what you want? “

 

“ At first it is, but things changed. My feelings changed. “

 

“ It’s that Ryeowook guy? Who is he anyway?! Isn’t he just a gold digger who accepted that job- “

 

“ Don’t you dare speak lowly of Ryeowook again. “ Kyuhyun sharply said to him before he can finish. The look on Kyuhyun’s face is intimidating.

 

Sighing, Sungmin took a step closer to Kyuhyun and hugged him. “ I don’t want to lose you Kyuhyun.. “ he whispered before leaning up..

 

……………………………..

 

“ Hey, you there? “

 

“ Y-yeah. “ he swallowed a lump on his throat before speaking again. “ Hi. “

 

He heard a chuckle on the other line and it made him smile.

 

“ Shocked that I called you? It’s like you’re not missing me, tsk tsk. “ the other is clearly just teasing him but that line hit close to home. It’s like a bucket of cold water has been poured to him. The other sensed his stiffness and added quickly “ Hey, I was just joking. “

 

“ Which is not funny. “ he regained his self. For goodness, get a grip Kim Ryeowook!

 

“ My apologies. Hehe I really miss you Ryeowook-ah. “

 

“ I miss you too.. “ he really do.

 

“ Don’t worry though, I will see your face soon! “ the other answered cheerily.

 

“ How soon? “

 

“ VERY SOON. I got to go now. I love you. “

 

“ I- I love you too.. “ he felt guilty all of a sudden when he realized that he said it like its forced. It’s like he’s telling a lie.

 

“ I love you more! Bye! “

 

“ Bye Eunhyuk.. “ he sighed as he turned off his phone. Shaking his head, he decided to walk outside.

 

The beach’s cold yet comforting wind helped Ryeowook to clear his mind. He decided to end the deal he had with Kyuhyun. Reason was: from what he saw and heard a while ago, he definitely got Sungmin back. Isn’t that what they both agreed with, right? And of course, he’s still with Eunhyuk. HE LOVES EUNHYUK. The things he felt when he’s with Kyuhyun are just feelings confused between friendship and likeness. Yes. That’s it.

Agreeing with his self, he let out a sigh and smiled. Walking further, he saw something that made his steps halt.

 

………………………………….

 

“ What are you doing? “ eyes widening, he pushed Sungmin back.

 

“ Claiming you back. “

 

“ I am not yours to begin with Sungmin. “

 

“ I don’t wanna lose you Kyuhyun. I admit it. I still love you. Please. “ Sungmin pleaded, holding Kyuhyun’s arms like his life depended on it.

 

“ I am not yours to lose Sungmin. Let go. “ he shrugged his arms. When he looked up, he saw Ryeowook standing awkwardly not too far, across from him. Sungmin followed his gaze and glared.

 

Noticing that Sungmin’s attention is taken, he took this chance to remove his arms from his grip and immediately ran towards Ryeowook, leaving Sungmin behind.

 

………………………

Sungmin ran to his room, tears falling endlessly on his face. Slamming the door shut, he noticed that Yesung’s things are nowhere to be seen. Not caring about it, he went to the dresser and picked up his phone. He searched for that person’s number and pressed call.

 

He knows Kyuhyun more than I do. I need to talk to him.

 

“ Hello? Sungmin? “

 

“ Are you free tomorrow, Donghae? “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Err. Hi? haha will watch Big Bang's concert tomorrow! <3