Final?

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

 

Ryeowook stayed quiet in his seat as Eunhyuk started the engine of his car. He wants to start a conversation with him but his instincts told him to shut it. As Eunhyuk began to drive, he glanced at his side and now he’s positive that something is up. He saw Eunhyuk’s mouth is set into a straight line, plus, he’s glaring at the windshield. Ryeowook nervously gulped in which Eunhyuk noticed as he eyed the younger sideways. He bitterly smiled inside.

 

“ Yah! Why are you so nervous? “ Eunhyuk asked, smiling widely. Too wide that he looks like he’ll lost it any minute.

 

“ H-huh? “ Ryeowook faced Eunhyuk but the latter is focused on driving.

 

“ What are you thinking anyway? “ Eunhyuk finally looked at him in which startled Ryeowook.

 

“ N-nothing.. “ Ryeowook quickly averted his gaze. Eunhyuk smirked as he noticed it and then started to drive fast. They reached the parking lot to Ryeowook’s apartment. Eunhyuk turned off the engine and hopped out the car, so as Ryeowook. When they’re already inside the apartment, Eunhyuk grabbed Ryeowook’s shoulders and slammed him into the wall. Ryeowook gasped as his back hit the wall and when he looked up,  he saw Eunhyuk’s  face just an inch away from him.

 

“ When are you gonna stop lying to me? “ Eunhyuk asked, teeth gritted and gaze hard. It’s like he’s looking at Ryeowook’s soul.

 

“ W-what d-do you me-ean? “

 

“ Oh. You know what I mean, Ryeowook. “ Eunhyuk said with sarcasm as he harden his gaze and hold to Ryeowook. Sensing that the other wouldn’t talk, he laughed bitterly before inching closer to Ryeowook’s ears. “Where should I start? Hmm.. How about being with Kyuhyun? Oh, also your other job I must say.“ Eunhyuk sighed before speaking again “ How could you do that to me Ryeowook? I thought you’re different. I trusted that your job is just simply wiping tables and getting orders but I guess I’m wrong. You’re just one of those many take home people-“ He wasn’t able to finish his sentence when he felt a sting on his left cheek. There’s a quick moment where time stopped around them. Only their harsh breathing can be heard. When Eunhyuk turned his head, he saw Ryeowook looking at him with sadness and disbelief evident in his eyes. Not much later, tears started to fall from it.

 

“ I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-“

 

His words were cut off when the door busted open revealing a panting Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looked around and his eyes landed on a crying Ryeowook. He immediately went to him and hugged the other muttering soft ‘It’s okay’ and ‘I’m here now’.

 

“ What did you do to him? “  Kyuhyun glared at Eunhyuk. Instead of answering, Eunhyuk tugged and pulled Ryeowook away from Kyuhyun.

 

“ That none of your business. If I were you, I’ll go now. “ Eunhyuk said through gritted teeth, eyes throwing daggers at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun ignored him and looked at where Ryeowook is. He can see that the grip on Ryeowook’s hand is getting tighter when the other started to shake his arm away from Eunhyuk.

 

“ You’re hurting him! “ Kyuhyun shouted but Eunhyuk only tightened his grip more in which Ryeowook whimpered.

 

“ L-let me g-go... It h-hurts “ Ryeowook pleaded.  Eunhyuk looked at him and loosened his hold on him.

 

“ Ryeowook. I will forget that everything of this happened. I will forget that Kyuhyun is my bestfriend. I will forget that you cheated on me in one condition; you’ll go with me to America. “ Eunhyuk said in a one go. He then grabbed Ryeowook’s hands “ Do you- “

 

“ I am sorry. “

 

“ What? “

 

“ I am sorry, Eunhyuk. “ Ryeowook repeated, tears falling from his eyes. Eunhyuk let go of his hands and covered his mouth with the back of his palm, trying to stop the incoming sob.

 

“ I hate you Kim Ryeowook. “ were the last words he heard from Eunhyuk before he disappeared from his sight. From his life.

 

 

Ryeowook broke down. Kyuhyun immediately went to his side to supported him. He whispered comforting words to Ryeowook until he was finally able to calm down a bit. He was about to carry him to the couch when Ryeowook spoke

 

“ Let’s not see each other anymore Kyuhyun. “ he said, not raising his head

 

“ What are you talking about? “ Kyuhyun took his chin and forced him to look at his eyes.

 

“ Let’s stop this. Let’s go back to our old selves. Let’s forget each other. “

 

“ You’ve gotta be kidding me… Don’t do this Ryeowook. “

 

“ I’m sorry Kyuhyun. “

 

“ Why? “ Kyuhyun whispered. Ryeowook bit his lip and looked at Kyuhyun. “ Why would I do that when I know that we feel the same way for each other! “

 

“ No I don’t-“

 

“ DON’T YOU DARE LIE TO ME KIM RYEOWOOK. I KNOW THAT THIS IS MUTUAL! “

 

“ DON’T YOU SEE THIS KYUHYUN! BECAUSE OF THIS, THINGS WE’RE FALLING APART! “ Ryeowook finally stood up. Kyuhyun did the same and went to hug Ryeowook. At first, Ryeowook struggled but that only made Kyuhyun hold him tighter.

 

“ I love you Ryeowook. I in’ love you. Stop doing this. “

 

“ But we’ve hurt someone so much. We’ve hurt Eunhyuk. This is wrong. “ Fresh new  tears were flowing from Ryeowook’s eyes.

 

“ The only thing that is wrong here is you pushing me away. “  

 

Ryeowook pushed Kyuhyun and wiped his tears away. “ No Kyuhyun. We should stop this. “

 

“ Stop it- “

 

“ No Kyuhyun. If you really love me, please let me go. “ Ryeowook said softly.

 

-

After that day, Kyuhyun didn’t go or look for Ryeowook. He thought that maybe if he gave the boy some space, they will able to talk everything out eventually. So after 3 days, he decided to go visit Ryeowook’s place. He was about to knock when the door opened revealing Key.

 

“ Oh, Kyuhyun right? What are you doing here? “ Key asked him.

 

“ Hi. Is Ryeowook there? “

 

Kyuhyun didn’t miss the look that crossed Key’s face. A mixture of disappointment and sadness.

 

“ Ah.. you see.. Ryeowook went out today.. “

 

“ Oh I see. What time will he back? “

 

“ Not time Kyuhyun. He’s going to Italy.. “

 

Kyuhyun’s world suddenly stopped. He can’t move his body and he unintentionally held his breath. Key tapped his shoulder to gain his attention back. When he looked at him, he’s giving a piece of paper towards him.

 

“ Wookie said that I should give this to you when I happened to see you around. I didn’t expect it to be today seriously but here. “ Key gave him the paper and patted his shoulder again.

-

 

That night, Kyuhyun settled his self on the couch, facing the window with a letter on his hand.

 

 

Kyuhyun,

 If you’re reading this, I guess I’m already miles apart. I just want you to be happy. I think this decision of mine is the best thing I can give to all. Oh, I wasn’t able to tell this to you but Kyuhyun, I do love you too. I really do. Those times I spent with you were the best. I’m not lying. If.. If we met again, I promise myself to never let you go like this again. You may think this is ridiculous but I do believe that we’re really meant for each other, our paths will cross again. So till here Kyuhyun. Take care of yourself. I wish I could bid my goodbye personally but I think that’s not a very good idea.

 

                                                                                                                                                                              Ryeowook

 

 

 

“ You’re so cruel Kim Ryeowook. “ Kyuhyun whispered to the air, holding the letter tight against his chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I am sorry and HELLO OTL /hides