Dark

EXO is My Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

After a long week, finally I can meet my parents before they fly off to China tomorrow. I’m really sad about them going out from my sight again, but it’s fine, I’ll just visit China sometimes so I can meet them more!

My mood in this week is just freaking good, of course my family has the huge part on this, I’m not even mad when Dong Hun bothers me sometimes, well, I’m annoyed, but not raged like usual.

I look at the clock hanging above the whiteboard and sigh, there are still nine hours to go before the dinner, I’m so excited I can’t wait ugh.

PAPA MAMA WAIT FOR ME.

 

 

 

 

 

I see D.O’s face goes paler and paler right after he picked up the call, which makes me wonder with whom he is speaking and what kind of problem they are talking, I see him taking panic glance at me before muttering a rushed goodbye.

If he’s looking at me, this person must be related to me, too.

I’m not feeling good about this.

“Hyung I have bad news.” He says, “Ji Hyun just called,” he says the first sentence and I know, my face has gone pale just like him, Ji Kyung, “She said her father is in the hospital right now and is in a critical condition-“ He stammers across some words, probably shocked and worried.

I quickly rush to get my car keys and to the M’s door, because I need Kris to drive because I can’t drive whilst comforting her. “D.O, tell others that are available to go to the hospital first, I’m going to fetch her with Kris.” I hastily say.

He nods without a word and start informing the shocking news, I drag Kris with me and answer, “I’ll explain in the car.” Because I want no time to waste and get her as soon as possible, probably seeing the somewhat nervous and panic expression I have, he says nothing and obey whatever I ask.

We’re halfway to her school, and I tell him everything I know after I call Ji Kyung’s school, I forgot to ask D.O the cause of her father getting into hospital, just hoping that nothing bad will happen to him. Kris decided to waits in the car, I quickly ask the administration where Ji Kyung is and proceed to go to her.

I hope she’s okay.

 

 

 

 

 

My whole body feels numb, what does he mean by critical condition? My father is healthy, he must’ve been wrong, it must be another student’s parent, my father is always healthy, no this is not happening. Everything is so dark. I’m drowned in my own thoughts, I need to get out, but I can’t.

Just then I hear a soft voice calling my name, and not a moment later, a warm arms embrace me, giving me warmth and comfort I really need right now, “Ji… Just cry, it’s fine, I will cover you up so no one will see it. Come on.” I hear Su Ho’s voice, as if on cue my tears start to fall one by one.

How long have I been holding it in? I feel every tears falling out, and it hurts.

I want to ask him what’s happening, but I’m afraid of the answer. I don’t want to know, I want to be in the dark in this. I’m scared.

I’m scared of all the things awaits me in the hospital.

 

 

 

 

Everything is white, the walls are white, the uniforms are white, the chairs are white.

But why is everything look so dark to me?

I feel frustrated.

This must be a dream and I’d be woken up soon and I will laugh about this ridiculous dream. I haven’t spoken a single word out to both Kris and Su Ho, I felt bad, they are trying so hard to soothe me, but I didn’t even look at them in the eye.

I don’t want them to see me in such state.

And I’m sure I won’t be able to utter a single word without any cries and sobs following afterwards, and that’s not what I want.

I see Ji Hyun, she cried, I can see it, her makeup has been wiped off by tears that still fall. I don’t go to her, but I hide instead behind the boys’ crowd silently, Ji Hyun is the same as me, she mostly wants to be alone at times like this.

I look down, shutting the boys that keep coming, once again I feel bad, but I don’t want to break into tears right now. I need to be strong, and take care of everything while mom is breaking down. She must’ve felt the strongest pain after all, it’s the love of her life.

“No.” I say, pushing Lu Han, I don’t want to be hugged, I don’t want to be patted, or anything, I don’t want anyone to touch me. “No, please,” I take a deep breath, it even hurts to talk, “Leave me alone.” I end up saying.

“Okay.” He says, taking a step back, “I’m sorry.” He mutters softly before dragging the boys out from my way. I look at Ji Hyun who happens to look at me, too.

We both look away in that instant.

Not wanting to see the broken soul of both our eyes.

 

 

 

I feel so mad.

Why is everyone treating me like a kid?

“I’m sorry, Ji Kyung, but your father himself doesn’t want you to kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter