Awaken

Lightless

 

It's really short... I'm sorry... 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Hyunseung? Seungie baby... Do you hear me? Can you hear me?" Junhyung asked as he looked hopefully at Hyunseung's eyelids twitching.
 
Hyunseung's POV
 
My vision was filled with swirls of different colours than danced behind my eyelids. I have long grown accustomed to this nothingness. But the colours started to fade, and everything became black. And at that point, I could breathe. I could hear my heart beating. I could hear Junnie calling for me... I could feel Junhyung's hand in mine, and I grasped tightly onto it, willing my eyes to open. I blink, but everything is still black. Am I still in that nightmare?
 
End POV
 
Hyunseung's eyes opened and Junhyung rejoiced. But his happiness was short-lived as he realised that there was something wrong. Hyunseung's eyes were open, but they were blank and glassy, not seeing. Hyunseung's mouth was open, but no voice came out, only the sound of air gushing out.
 
"Omo! Doctor Lee! What's wrong with Hyunseung?" Junhyung asked worriedly as the doctor entered the room.
After he conducted some checks, Doctor Lee looked at Junhyung with a grave expression. "I'm sorry but it seems like the poison has affected Hyunseung's eyesight and vocals. More checks are needed to see if these effects are temporary. But now that the patient has gained consciousness, he can return home tomorrow." And with that, the doctor left. 
 
Junhyung rushed back to Hyunseung's side. And even if he had lost his sight, Hyunseung's eyes had not lost the ability to convey his emotions. And Junhyung could see clearly in Hyunseung's eyes the pain, fear and worry that Hyunseung felt.
 
Clutching tightly onto Hyunseung's hand, Junhyung brought it up to his mouth before planting a kiss on the back of the hand. "Seungie... Seungie baby... Everything will be okay, alright? I'm here. Your Junhyung is here, Seungie... He's going to stay by your side and love you forever." As Junhyung said that, tears started to roll down Hyunseung's cheeks. "Baby don't cry... I love you. I promise that I'll love you forever..."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just realized that it has been a year since I started this story. I'm so sorry for not updating. It was because of school, homework, exams and the lack of feels. My March holidays just started and I'll try to update more. But I have to say that I cannot make any promises as I have a really major national exam at the end of the year and I am tested two years worth of work for 8 subjects. I barely able to rest nowadays and I am now trying to catch up with my life so please try to understand if I don't update. I'm really sorry and thankful to those that have stayed and those that will continue to stay. Thank you for reading and please do comment!