Sight

Lightless
Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junhyung stared at those tear-soaked eyelashes that fanned out against his lover's face. Waking up to his lover sleeping next to him was something he loved. But not like this. Not with the tear-stained face of his lover, a tell-tale sign that the said lover had cried. This was something he hated. Not just because this was what he woke up to everyday. It was also because he woke up everyday knowing that his lover is in pain, but yet being unable to do anything to soothe it.
 
Junhyung could only gently Hyunseung's hair as the latter pressed into his hand. Junhyung softly petted Hyunseung's head, planting a kiss on the latter's head before getting up. As Junhyung open the curtains, Hyunseung recoiled. This had never happened before, Junhyung noted as he wondered what was the cause. Could it be the warmth of the sunlight or... The light itself? Junhyung shook his head at the thought. There was no point hoping, no point wishing. Because more often then not, Junhyung ended up disappointed.
 
Sighing, Junhyung returned to the bed where Hyunseung had turned from the window and was snuggling into the blankets. All of a sudden, Hyunseung stopped nuzzling the blankets, slowly pulling the blanket away from his face.  His eyes fluttered open as he turned towards Junhyung. And instead of the blank and empty look that Junhyung was used to seeing since he woke up from his coma, Junhyung saw confusion and hope in the other's eyes.
 
[Hyunseung's POV]
It was tiring, waking up to darkness then crying myself to sleep in the same darkness. It was like a black hole with no way out. I heard Junhyung sigh as I felt his hand against my head. I couldn't help but lean into his touch, wondering what he was still doing here beside me.
 
I felt his hand leave and the bed lifted as Junhyung got off the bed. I sighed internally. Even though I wondered why he was still with me, I was thankful that he never left me. I could hear Junhyung opening the curtains, and something hit my face. I instinctively hid my face in whatever I could before I realised what hit me. It was the sunlight. I gasped internally at my realisation, slowly releasing my face as I opened my eyes.
 
Although things were a little blurry, I recognised the baby blue blankets that lay around me. And as I turned my head, I saw the most important thing in my life. Yong Junhyung.
 
"Hyunseung?" Junhyung called out. Not only could I hear him, I could see his lips moving as he called my name. Finally. Again. "Can... Can you see me?"
 
I nodded my head vigorously as my eyes brimmed with tears. I removed the restrictive blankets that lay around me and threw myself onto Junhyung who held me close to his chest.
 
"I love you Hyunseung." Junhyung said into my hair.
 
I opened my mouth to reply. But although no sound came out and I could only nod in response, it was okay. I was okay. Because hope had returned.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So... Seungie can see again! Yay! Thanks for reading!