Just Another Day

Lightless
Hehehe... I'm sorry. TT I really meant to update more but I realised that I kept on making empty promises. I'm really sorry though. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I was really busy. Thank you for staying though. Enjoy this update!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Hyunseung had finally woken his coma. Hyunseung could finally go home. It was supposed to be a happy and welcomed affair, but why does it seem so sad and unwanted? 
 
Tears were rolling down Hyunseung's beautiful face that was contorted in pain and sadness. Hyunseung had lost his light. Hyunseung was suffering. And there was a stinging pain in Junhyung's heart. Junhyung was conflicted. He was happy that his beloved Hyunseung had finally regained consciousness, but somehow, he felt that perhaps, Hyunseung was better off in a coma.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Hyunseung ah... Your parents are here to visit." Junhyung said to the Hyunseung that had buried himself under piles of blankets. It has been weeks but Hyunseung did not get better. He hid himself away in the bedroom and refused to be around anyone. The pile of blankets did not move, but Junhyung understood. (How could he not, being Hyunseung's lover and all.) It was Hyunseung's way of saying "Go away and leave me alone." 
 
Junhyung sighed as he sat at the edge of the bed. He couldn't leave his Seungie alone. How can he? "They would really like to see you, Seungie... They worried about you." Junhyung tried to persuade the hidden boy.
 
The pile of blankets shook. I don't want to see them.
 
"Come on, Seungie. They came so far just for you. They love you, and they wouldn't want to see their precious son in such state." 
 
The blankets rustled and a hand appeared from the midst, waving Junhyung off. Then don't let them see me like this. Make them go away.
 
Junhyung gave another sigh, standing and going out to pass the wordless message. It wasn't that Junhyung gave up easily. It was just that these series of words and actions have repeated thousand and millions of times. No matter how hard Junhyung tried, the result was always the same. Hyunseung refused to meet his parents, and Junhyung didn't want to force Hyunseung if the latter wasn't ready.
 
As Junhyung relayed the message, Hyunseung's parents nodded despondently as got up, gave Junhyung a hug and left. It wasn't anything new to them. They had already gotten used to their son's rejection. But although hopeless, they never gave up, coming to see their son whenever their work and time permitted.
 
As the door clicked to a close, signaling that it was locked, Junhyung grabbed a clean sheet of paper and a pen, and returned to his Seungie's side. Songwriting. It was all Junhyung did, other than staying by his lover's side and tending to the said one's needs. It was the only way for him to earn a living and look after the welfare of his other half.
 
[Hyunseung's POV]
My parents were here again. I do want to see them. But what's the point if I don't even have the eyes to see? Letting them see me like this would only break their heart even more, so I had to reject them, even if I was dying to meet them. I'm really sorry for them. For them to come so far, wanting to see a useless son that would only hurt and reject them. They seemed to be here quite often. How often? That I did not have even an inkling of a clue. 
 
Day and night was all the same to me. A hollow and lonely dark. The only clue I got was whenever Junnie says good morning or good night. Days, weeks, months, and perhaps even years will all be the same to me. It felt like a lifetime since I woke up from the coma. 
 
I could hear the familiar scratchy sound of a pen on paper. It was obvious what Junnie was doing, even without having to ask, not that I had the voice to ask with. It was nothing new, the songwriting. Junhyung had always done it, even before the incident, asking my opinion and telling me how the lyrics subtly tell about our relationship. But now, Junhyung didn't, not that he could ask for opinions when I couldn't even give them. 
 
It was the same thing everyday. The silence, the darkness, the absolute nothingness and boredom. All there was was the soft and soothing scratching as Junhyung wrote. But what was the point when I had all these restless energy? I wished Junhyung would talk to me, tell me stories or share his lyrics with me, anything that would drive away this infinite misery and lethargy. But what's the point of hoping? Why would Junnie even want to talk to me? I cannot reply him. Talking to me would be as good as talking to the wall.
 
After what seemed like three lifetimes, and eight hundred and fifty-nine taps of when the pen hits the surface of the paper(I counted), I heard Junnie put the pen and paper down. I felt the bed dip as Junnie climbed into the bed. I sighed (in my head obviously) as I felt Junhyung's fingers running through my hair.
 
"Baby? I'm going to order dinner now." Junhyung said, and all I could do was nod. Junhyung was a hopeless cook. And since we both don't have any wishes to get poisoned, especially after what happened, Junhyung always called delivery. 
 
Dinner was the same old bore. Junnie would feed me before he ate, clean up after me, and after that, he would clean me. Bathing together was something we both had enjoyed. But being unable to see had take away all the fun and joy of it. Being undressed, cleaned, dried and redressed by one's lover would have been great, if it was in another circumstance. But to someone who couldn't see, it was all a mundane routine that one had to go through everyday. 
 
And after these, Junhyung would tuck me into bed and lie next to me. "Good night, Seungie. Sleep tight and have sweet dreams. I love you." Junhyung whispered as he gave me a chaste kiss. 
 
"Junnie... I love you too..." I tried to call out, but all that came out was air. Why? Why is it that after all this time in darkness, I still cannot escape? How can I have sweet dreams when I'm trapped in this nightmare? I could hear my Junnie but why can't I answer him? Why can't I reciprocate his words of devotion? I hate this.
[End POV]
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it just me or does Hyunseung seem bipolar in this? I'm getting rusty now. I'm just glad I managed to write this before December (since I promised on my wall(?) that I would). Exams are finally over now. =D 
Thanks for reading! <3