Telling the truth isn't all that easy

Lightless

 

The rest ignored Hara, seemingly unaffected by her threat. But even so, it was obvious that they were afraid of the ramifications. They were only human after all, it was normal for them to be scared. And as stupid as Hara may seem, she knew that her threat had a big influence on those idols. 

The door to the emergency room then opened, forcing the group to focus on the doctor that came out with a stern and solemn expression. He raised an eyebrow as he saw the number of people staring at him. 

"Where's the patient's parents?" Just after the doctor questioned the group, an utterly distressed couple came into view. 

"What happened to my baby?!" The woman, Mrs Jang, inquired. 

"He has been poisoned rather badly. Fortunately, he was brought here in time. Any later and he may be dead by now. He is currently in a coma and may never wake up. Please do prepare for the worst." And with that, the doctor left, and Hyunseung was wheeled out. 

Mrs Jang fell into the arms of her husband, crying. Tears started to gather at the eyes of the group, except for Hara, who was disappointed that the poison hadn't killed her enemy. The feeling of an over-stretched rubber band snapping fell upon Junhyung. He didn't cry. He just stood there, staring at his Hyunseung. 

The group followed after Hyunseung, into the VIP room where he'd be cared for. As they were entering the room, they heard someone calling out their group names. They quickly went in, except for Hara who lurked by the door, waiting for the reporter she had called. 

"Reporter Jung! Good to see you! Please come in!" Hara said as she gestured for the reporter and his photographer to enter the room. They were greeted by a sombre scene, where the idols were surrounding the bed where their friend was lying. Click. The photographer quickly snapped a photo. The bright flash that followed the the click captured the groups attention as they glared menacingly at the people who had just entered the room. 

"Please go away. If it isn't already obvious, this is a private time. And it would be much appreciated if you deleted that photo." DooJoon said, and as much as his words may seem polite, malevolence was evident in his tone. 

Hara rolled her eyes before giving them a final warning, "Junhyung, if you don't agree to my request now, I will spill the beans."

Junhyung glanced at his friends, as if asking for reassurance. Seeing his friends nod their head, he replied back with defiance, "You can tell them whatever you want as long as it is the truth."

Hara narrowed her eyes and retorted, "Don't say I didn't warn you!" Then, she turned her heels and stalked out the room. The reporter and his photographer followed behind, waiting expectantly, like a hungry pack of wolves. As the trio entered the corridor, there was a crowd of reporters and photographers heading towards them. It seems like the media had gotten word about the incident. 

Just as Hara opened to address the crowd, Junhyung came out as well. Hara smirked as she saw the latter, thinking that he was going to give in. Junhyung looked gravely at the crowd, before starting, "Dear all, firstly I'm sad to inform you that Hyunseung is currently in critical condition, and may.... And may.... Leave me.... I mean us. Secondly, I'd like to apologize to the public for lying, and for hiding the truth. Actually, Hara and I never dated... It was... It was to... Cover up for the truth. I..." Hara looked incredulously at Junhyung, shocked that he was actually going to tell the public himself. 

Junhyung took a deep breath, bracing himself for whatever feedback he may receive when he revealed the truth. The reporters looked eagerly at him, pens on their papers, nodding their heads as a form of encouragement. Just then, The rest of Beast and 4minute came out, unable to let Junhyung relay the truth to the media himself. The group of reporters murmured amongst themselves, wondering what was so important that both idol groups would come out to say. 

"Uhm... Before I say anything else, I'd like to add that Hara was responsible for intentionally poisoning Hyunseung." Junhyung said, leaving a pause to let the reporters digest the info. Doojoon gave him an encouraging pat on the back, and Junhyung continued,"And I have been dating Hyunseung even before our debut." The crowd was in a mayhem, shouting both critics and questions to the idols. But the idols only returned to the VIP room, except for Hara who was left alone to deal with the consequences and backlash. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sooooo.... Do you think that the public will be accepting of their relationship? I'm supposed to be studying now but I'm just so bored. I won't be able to update soon, as my exams are coming up. They end on the 9th of May and hopefully I'd have the next chapter up by the 12th of May. Thanks for reading and please do comment!