Hurt

Play My Way [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

HENBER (HENRY x AMBER)

- - - - -

"Can I be angry with you? Can you allow me to feel this one emotion right now? I can't love you. I won't. Not after what you've done. Can you please just let me hate you? PLEASE!" Amber begged, her heart drawing on every bit of strength she had, just to push out any love she might have felt for the boy who had betrayed her. 
 
"Am-," the boy cautiously spoke.
 
"No! I don't want to hear it, Henry!" Amber shouted as tears streamed down her face, tainting her flawless skin with its acidity. "I don't even know what to say. I can't even-"
 
Her mind was a mess. Nothing made sense. NOTHING. How could he do that to her? And with her best friend. Her chest tightened as her breaths became short. She felt breathless, frantically gasping for air. She felt disoriented and helpless.  She needed to get out of there, away from him. 
 
Just as Amber was about to leave, Henry grabbed her by the arm, "Wait! Let me explain!" 
 
She quickly shook his arm off of her and glared at him, hatred evident in her eyes," Don't ing touch me!" 
 
"Just hear me out!" the boy pleaded. "I was drunk. I thought it was you!" 
 
A bitter chuckle slipped from her lips, "Am I suppose to find that comforting? Is that suppose to make me feel better? Because it doesn't! I'm hurting so much because of you, I don't even know what to do!" 
 
"Amber," Henry quietly muttered, as he grabbed her hands and balled it into a fist before placing it against his chest. "Hit me. Let it out." 
 
Although it took a moment for her to register what he had said, she immediately began pounding away at his chest, releasing every bit of pain and frustration she was feeling. How could he cheat on her? It hurt. Every bit of her hurt and she didn't know how to fix it. She just continued to hit him harder and harder, wrecklessly swinging her arms in every which way, vision blurred from the tears. After a couple of minutes, Henry wrapped his arms tightly around her. The girl struggled within his hold, heaving loudly, not caring how miserable she looked. 
 
She fell to her knees before making her way to the floor completely. He followed her movements, arms still wrapped around her. She didn't know what else to do. She wanted to hate him, every bit of him. But who was she trying to fool? If he was nothing to her, this wouldn't hurt so bad. Why coudn't he be a stranger, someone she didn't care about? Why did he have to be the one she loved? And why did he have to be the one to hurt her? She sobbed into his chest. "Damn it! Why does it have to hurt so much?!" 
 
Henry's breath caught in his throat. He didn't know what to say. Seeing her so vulnerable, and all because of him, it just made his heart sink. How could he do this to her? How could he have been so stupid? He bit his lip, staring out into the space in front of him as he held her tighter. He never meant to hurt the girl he loved. His heart was heavy with guilt and shame. And there was nothing he could do about it. 
 
- - - - - 
please comment & subscribe!