Cruel Intentions

Play My Way [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

KRISBER (KRIS x AMBER)

- - - - -

Kris heaved an exasperated sigh before ruffling his smooth golden locks into complete disarray. He abruptly stood up, "Look, Amber. This wasn't what I intended. I just wanted us to take a break. I didn’t think I would meet someone else.” 

 

A bitter smile strewed across her’s lips as she remained seated, staring at the ground before her. “What good are intentions when they remain merely thoughts. It’s honestly quite cruel to wish the best for someone and bring about the worst.” 

 

Amber lifted her gaze to meet the boy’s, towering over her. “I should’ve seen this coming. Things had changed. We changed. But that’s okay. That’s life.” 

 

“Amber,” he softly spoke. “I-, I-“ 

 

Amber chuckled, though she was far from happy, “I told you that it was okay. Let’s not draw this out any longer.” 

 

The girl mustered up all the pride she could and gave him one last smile before turning around to leave. Unfortunately Kris caught a glimpse of her tears and it hurt him. He knew he broke her heart. He grabbed her by the wrist to stop her from leaving. 

 

“Amber,” Kris called once more, pulling the girl into a warm embrace. “I’m sorry.” 

- - - - - 

please comment and subscribe!