Her Smile

Play My Way [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

DONGBER (DONGWOO x AMBER)

- - - - -

In a city devoid of sound, a sea of faceless people passed him by. 

It was then that he saw her. No longer a faceless being, but an exquisite creature all on her own. As she stepped onto the sidewalk, she came to a sudden halt, bending down to pick up what seemed to be a penny before inadvertently smiling to herself. Upon standing back up she flipped the loose fringes that hung over her eyes off to the side and Dongwoo watched as they delicately fell into a natural side swept appearance.  As she proceeded to walk in the direction of what he believed would be their fated encounter, she continuously glanced down at that penny. The soft smile that graced her face moments ago had swiftly become one that radiated her personality, enthusiasm, passion, exuberance, and joy. The immense feelings of life that she emitted was beyond what his mind could conceive. He didn't even know her, and yet her smile alone gave him a sense of warmth and understanding. He would even go as far to say that it brought him peace of mind. As the distance between them quickly diminished with each approaching footstep, Dongwoo found himself nervously contemplating what he would say.

Unfortunately the bitter truth came with the frigid wind, slapping him in the face with the cold reality that nothing would ever be. Because just like the others, she had also passed him by. 

- - - - - 

please comment and subscribe!