Destiny

Everlasting Facade

 

 

Seungho leans his body on his cozy chair. He positions his body to get more comfortable position. He massages his temples. His index finger has been tapping on the table for several minutes following the sound of clock ticking. Tick. Tok. Tick. Tok.

 

There he has been wondering his problem at this early morning. Lately, Seungho has been very busy settling down his carrier and his personal life. It’s tiring juggling his time and trying his best to cope with his busy carrier as businessman along with wedding preparations. Quite unfortunate, luck has not embracing him these days.

 

The sudden fall of his company’s shares was driving him mad and the release of stocks from couples of months ago was not bringing him any profit. His fiancé, Im Jin Ah or to be more specific, Nana, was actually not helping either. Recent activities about their upcoming wedding are stressing him out.

 

Oh god.

 

They have been going out for five years and he thinks they should be settling down by tying a knot. Ended up last summer he prepared one special event for her. A very special one that is. Propose by kneeling at one knee in front of her at her birthday event. Her family members and her friends witnessed the important moment in their life.

 

‘Yes, I will’ she answered as she thought she was the only one in his heart and they hugged after. Unfortunately, the truth is not on her side. He proposed to her because of one reason that is to make ‘her’ regret. And of course his innocent fiancé did not know about it.

 

Bzzztttt. Bzzzzttt. Bzzzttt.

 

His phone rings and shows his fiancé name on the screen. He curves a smile and answers the call.

 

“Morning Seungho oppa. Did you sleep well last night?” She squealed excitedly.

 

“Morning, sweetheart. No, I did not have much sleep last night. There are some documents and presentations I have to complete. I’m just trying to get a nap now before have a meeting at 10 o’clock.” His voice sounds tired enough for her to know his condition.

 

“I’m sorry for interrupting your nap. I didn’t mean to-”

 

“Shh… It was not your fault. I’m the one who wants to stays up late night okay? Don’t blame yourself, it’s not worth it.” He confronts her.

 

“Okay…”

 

“After meeting, why don’t we go eat lunch together? I’ll reserve table for us.” He suggests.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I can eat with you today. I have another case to settle with. I’m sorry.” She apologizes at him.

 

“That’s okay. Then, who will be your opponent?” He asks curious fills in his heart.

 

“Lawyer Kim Jaehyun. I’m really nervous for today case since he is one of the best lawyers in Korea. I heard he’s quite good in debating and many said he wins many big cases”

 

“Do you want me to grant something for you to cheer up?” He chins up, look at the beautiful carve on the walls.

 

“Well, I just want you to give me courage to win this case.”

 

“Your wish is my command. I will grant it as soon as possible. I, Yang Seungho swear that my fiancé, Nana will win this case because she was strong and brave opponent. I guarantee she can never lose.” He gave his words to her.

 

“Aww, thank you. I won’t let you down. Okay, I have to go now. I’ll give you a call later. Bye. Love you.”

 

“Bye. Love you as always.” He says his every time promise. She hung up the call.

 

Seungho dials Lawyer Kim Jaehyun’s number as he saw the lawyer’s card on his desk. He brings his phone nears his ear, waiting for Lawyer Kim to picks up his call.

 

“Hello, Lawyer Kim is here.” Seungho curves a smirk on his lips. Evil smirk.

 

“I need you to lose in today’s case, Lawyer Kim.” He said with a full determination.

 

“Excuse me, who are you to make me do that?” Lawyer Kim raises his voice.

 

“I’m Yang Seungho and I am the one who will make you do that.” He chuckles.

 

“And why must I do that pointless action?” He said in high tone.

 

“Because you needed money for your mom’s surgery whose have cancer.”  He threatens him.

 

The lawyer chokes hearing Seungho’s word. How does he know that? He wonders but this is not the time to ask about this stupid question. He has to act brave and forget about the justice.

 

“How much you will pay?” The lawyer asks, lowers his voice.

 

“How much do you want? I’ll grant it to you.” Seungho widens his smiles. A victory smile.

 

-

 

“Everyone gather up! We have a mission to complete.” A young guy with a long black coat, demanded, gathering all the police. People were starting to flock around him and make a line.

 

“I want those who participated in this mission to be responsible. I don’t want any problem to occur. I’ve already had enough of such immature behavior. Please, be professional” a sharp gaze went directly towards Cheolyong.

 

Cheolyong drifted his eyes from his boss as if hinted whatever Jinwoon just meant. Snorting rudely, his smirks went wider. Arms rested before his chest and blankly stared on his chief’s face.

 

“Bang Cheolyong. I ought you to prepare yourself and take in charge of this mission. Although, my expectations of you are not that high from the currency failure you’ve achieved this month but- if this mission fails, see me at my office. Clear?” He leans forward, nearing Cheolyong’s face while dangerously poke a finger at his chest.

 

Trying to threaten him? Oh how laughable. Instead, Cheolyong pushes Jinwoon’s body and walked past by his shoulder, making his way out of the scene without even waiting for Jinwoon to finish his sentences.

 

The young chief went stiff and ly welcomed by Cheolyong’s back. The grip of his left hand was tight and white colour surfaced. He gulped down the lump in his throat and grunted. Mad? Hell yeah. But to tell the truth this is an expected outcome. Cheolyong always acts extremely rude with him and vice versa.

 

“Bang Cheolyong! Where are you going?” that made Cheolyong to stop his tracks. “Going for duty, chief. Where else would I be” Jinwoon’s jaw clench tight, he hates the tone Cheolyong called him. It was quite- cynical.

 

Cheolyong scoffs lightly when saw tint of red emerges on Jinwoon’s completely.

 

Jung Jinwoon, a young chief at the station. He is demanding, bossy and annoying. The two of them would never flock together because of a reason he himself couldn’t even understand. It’s just somehow- they both could not stand each other.

 

Last time he recalled their first meeting. Jinwoon did not please meeting him. No welcome. No smile. No greetings. Just a string of incoherent words about him. Jinwoon said he don’t fit to be a cop. His weird aura is uncomfortable for him to manage and bla bla bla. Cheolyong will only rolled his eyes off in responds. Seriously, this guy is irking him too much.

 

And, to tell the truth, he doesn’t like Jinwoon either. He would usually shrugged off his shoulders and ignore him. Perhaps, the little chief of him, feeling intimidated and very competitive. Well, his records are actually quite good compared to Jinwoon.  Medal and certificates of appreciation from the ministry due to his success closing many cases. Used to have lots of involvement in shooting competition and he has become every time favourite member in his team since which are why he concludes the daily constant bad treatments.

 

-

 

Yes.

 

He wins again.

 

Cheolyong cups his face with his hands. He pulls away his hand from his face and sighs. Although, a satisfied smile has been tugging his lips for awhile, tensions wrought up his tense muscles. He grunted loudly as his eyes landed on the file cross his desks. Drug case. . He lowers his body, leaning on his seat.

 

That Jinwoon guy is a pain in the . He must have been purposely set him up with this case. Drug case is usually hard to solve and just when there’s involve of a legal club, he could see a thin thread of hope for him to gain success.

 

There’s a tap on the shoulder, taller height of a body was hovering him. A baby face guy was smiling genuinely at him and settled on the seat before him.

 

“Cheolyong, did you do wrong? Why does he always pick on you?” Cheondung asks him, his work mate.

 

“I don’t know Cheondung hyung. Just ignore him. Like you didn’t used to see him being so ignorant. He and his ‘PMS-ing’ are actually made my day” He curves a smile at Cheondung.

 

“I totally don’t get you two. Choking each other by the neck even when no big issues to argue about. Is it okay to keep on behaving like this?” He asks, worried something bad will happen.

 

“Don’t worry, this argument between us will make our bonds stronger as a team mate. Now, may I excuse myself? I have a mission to complete before my job is on the loose” He grabs his gun and his police’s ID card. He reaches his coat and wears on his body. He takes his car key and began to walk off from the small building.

 

-

 

“I want group 1 follow me and group 2 guards outside of the club. Do not let anyone walk pass by. Clear?” Cheolyong gives instruction for those groups to follow. He doesn’t want any problems occur during his mission. Not to forget, he can’t make mistake since Jinwoon who was the one giving this mission at him. Because of that, he must do it perfectly.

 

“Yes sir!” They shout; react for his demand.

 

“Group 1, follow me!” He began walks toward the back entrance for the club.

 

He saw back door was open widely; no one was guarding the entrance. He points his index finger at the door. A sign for them to moves forward. They nodded their head and walk slowly; holds their guns with careful manner like professional, didn’t want let anyone feel their presence.

 

After checking, he starts moves on. Entering the club; full with loud music from speakers make people on ectasy in their world while colourful lights was painted on the walls gives the atmosphere more ‘brighter’.

 

“Police! Stop the music right now!” He steps into the club with gun points at visitors.

 

People stops dancing and grinding with everyone’s body, stunned watching a guy with a gun on his hand pointing straight towards them. Fear filling their body, nothing was utters from their mouth even their lips were apart. The music also stops at the same time, nothing was played. They can hear everyone breathes heavily after dancing too hard on the dance floor.

 

“Group 1, check their IDs. Do not let anyone escape!” He turns his gun on his hand and place it near his belt.

 

He wanders around the building, checks every room in the building, didn’t let anyone out of from his grasp. He must complete his mission. The goal must he fulfills.

 

“Uhuk uhuk!” He diverts his eyes and turns his head, looks at the back.

 

He just heard someone coughed isn’t he? Slowly his hand grabs his gun back. Beware with the gun on his grasp, didn’t want to make any sound. He grips it tightly and sharpens his gaze throughout his way searching for the sick person. He takes a careful steps while roams his eyes on the walls.

 

Eek- Creak of door was heard by his ears.

 

His lips curve a victory smile. I got you now! He cursed under his breath. He brings his legs toward uni toilets. He pushes the door, and walks straight in the toilets.

 

“Anyone here?! Show me your dam.n face or I shoot this bullet straight to your head!” He shouts but he gets no answer.

 

Want to play with me? Fine, I’ll play with you.

 

Cheolyong goes one by one, shoots his gun towards the door and kicking the toilet’s door harshly to looks the victim is dead or not. He doesn’t care if he hurts anyone because it’s not his fault they hurts. He already told them to come out but they didn’t show up. Now it’s up to him if he wants to play rough or easy. Guess his favourite was the rough one.

 

After 5 minutes he spends on shooting and kicking; now he was in front of last toilet in the building. He takes a couple steps behind and glances at the lower part of the cubical. His eyes saw thin legs with high heels on it.

 

A girl? Just like I thought.He snorts.

 

“You want me to shoot you or surrender yourself to me?” He wipes of dusts on his gun, waits for her reply.

 

“Wait! Don’t shoot, give me a minute.” She holds out her hand. He plasters a smirk on his lips, feels he win in his game.

 

Girl… what they can do? They just a weak creature which man can handle easily with. Scream loudly, acts violent in front of those weak creature, they can do nothing but just cry their tears out. That is girl’s definition =  WEAK CREATURE.

 

Suddenly, he hears flushed in the toilet.

 

Wait, she didn’t flush any drug isn’t she? What if it’s true? His mission will be failed if he didn’t get any evidence.

 

“What the hell are you doing?!” He kicks the door roughly and points out his gun. As the door opens widely, he can see her face clearly.

 

Her face was familiar, her eyes seems poisonous when he gazes at her. Her face seems shocked at his earlier action, her hands wraps around her slender figure. Her lips were kept tight, biting her bottom lip.

 

His body was froze, stunned at the thin figure in front of him. She was still the same, nothing were changed. Is this true or not, he wonders. Thinking that he might be day dream as he feels some vague memories is playing at the same time.

 

“It’s you…” He lowers his gun from her and points on the floor before he hurts her.

 

This cannot be called destiny. It was a hell. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! ^^ I'm sorry the late update. I hope you guys still have interests to read this ff. I'm also sorry for short update... :) I will try my best to update soon with an interesting chapter. ^^. Please leave me a comment okay? :P Please give me a lots of love.