The Ice Princess's Outburst

Cold Hearts

Minho

 

When school finally ended, I gathered my stuff and walked to the tree where I knew Jonghyun and Onew and everyone will be. I quickly walked over there and saw that they were in a deep discussion.

"-but Jjong! We need a at least three duets!" argued Yuri.

Jonghyun just shook is head. "I don't understand why! I mean it's not like we have to a super long performance! Besides Yoona and Minho won't even agree!"

Confused, I went up to them and asked,"What won't I agree to?"

The two jumped from fright. I snickered and rolled my eyes.

"Yah! Choi Minho! Don't do that!" Jonghyun yelled.

I rolled my eyes once more and asked again,"What won't I agree to?"

"I thought it would be nice if you and Yoona did like a dance duet. Since Jonghyun told me you could dance. Besides, Yoona needs to show off her dancing skills," Yuri explained.

I cleared my throat. "Well, I'm not sure I can do so well. Besides, Yoona probably won't agree to it."

Then, just as I did, Yoona and Jessica popped from behind the tree. This time, only Jonghyun jumped. Unfortunately, he tripped on a pebble when he landed, and ended up in Yuri's arms.

 Yuri and Jonghyun both turned a deep shade of red. Yoona, Jessica, and I snickered at their embarrassment.

"Yah! Kim Jonghyun, get off of me!" Yuri shouted, embarrassed.

Jonghyun quickly did as she said and avoided her eyes.

"So, I thought of a song that we can do!" Jessica announced, trying to make the two blushing people less embarrased.

"Really?" asked Yoona. "What song?"

Before Jessica could say the title of the song, we heard Onew and Tiffany walking toward us laughing, hand-in-hand. I took a glance at Jessica and saw that Yoona was looking at Jessica too. I saw a flicker of pain in Jessica's face, but she quickly recovered by putting on a smile that was obviously fake.

I looked at Yoona. She looked back at me and put her index finger to , as if to say "Don't mention it." I nodded and turned to look at Onew and Tiffany.

"Hey, guys!" Tiffany said, smiling.

"Hi, Fany! We were just discussing the talent show, when Jonghyun-" Jessica was cut off by Jonghyun putting his hand on .

" when I told them you guys were coming," Jonghyun said quickly.

Onew raised an eyebrow. I saw a flicker of jealousy past his face, then confusion.

"So, as I was saying, the song I wanted to sing was-" Jessica was cut off once again by Tiffany.

"Can Jinki and I do a duet?" Tiffany said rudely.

We all looked at her as if she sprouted a second head.

"Jinki?" Yuri repeated, trying not to laugh.

Onew, or should I say Jinki, bowed his head in embarrassment. We all laughed, although anyone could tell that Jessica's laugh was fake.

"That's not funny," Onew mumbled.

Yoona laughed at him and said,"Whatever, Jinki. How about we go to my place and discuss this?"

We all nodded our heads.

"Oh! Then I'll tell Hae to meet us there!" Jessica said enthusiastically.

Onew glared at her, then without a word grabbed Tiffany's hand and dragged her into his car.

"I swear that guy has issues," Jonghyun said, shaking his head.

"Whatever, guys. Let's just go. I'm hungry," said Yuri.

We each got into our vehicles and drove to Yoona's house.

.................

"Tiffany, did you want to sing a certain song?" asked Onew.

Her eyes lit up. "Yeah! Thanks for asking, Jinki!"

He gave her a small smile. "Anything for you, my gem."

Tiffany giggled, while everyone looked as if they wanted to barf.

"Anyways, I wanted to do that one song about two lovers meeting after one year. What was is called again? One Year Ago? Once Again? One-"

"One Year Later?" asked Jessica so softly I could barely hear her.

Tiffany smiled. "That's what it was called! Thanks, Jessi!"

Everyone was eerily quiet. Jessica looked as if she might start crying. Yoona and Yuri were holding Jessica's hands, glaring at Tiffany, while Onew just didn't meet Jessica's eyes. Jonghyun and I didn't say anything, but because of different reasons. Me because I didn't know what was going on, and Jonghyun because he obviously knew who had sung that song.

"So how about it, Jinki? I absolutely adore that song!" Tiffany exclaimed, not noticing everyone's silence.

"Tiffany, were you at last year's talent show?" Jessica asked softly.

Tiffany nodded her head. "Yeah, why?"

"Do you remember who sung that song?" Jessica asked.

"It was... Oh yeah! You and Jinki! That shouldn't matter, right? I mean it's not like Jinki's your boy-"

"No. Let's do a different song," said Onew icily.

Tiffany seemed confused at his sudden change of mood. "But Jinki! You promised to let me pick the song we were going to sing!"

Onew looked at her with pleading eyes. "Please, Tiff. Anything but this."

Tiffany looked like she wanted to argue, but thought better of it and nodded.

Jessica cleared . "Onew, it's fine for you guys to do that song. If it's because of me-"

"It's not because of you," Onew interrupted,"It's because I don't want to relive that memory."

When he said that, Jessica looked as if she wanted to burst into tears.

"I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be back," Jessica said before running to the bathroom.

Yuri, Yoona, and Donghae looked at him with venom in his eyes.

"What is that supposed to mean, Lee Jinki?" Yoona growled.

Onew looked at her helplessly. "I-"

He didn't get to finish that sentence because by now, Donghae had Onew's collar in his hands.

"Listen up, Lee Onew. I'm not going to repeat this. Do-Not-Hurt-Jessica. If you do, then I'll"

Onew scoffed. "Then you'll what, Lee Donghae? She barely knows you. I'm her best friend. Who do you think she'll choose from the two of us?"

Donghae lifted his hand to punch him, but a voice stopped him.

"Let him go, Donghae," the girl said.

Donghae looked at her, shocked. "But he-"

"Let-Him-Go," she growled.

Onew smiled smugly. "I told you so, Lee Dong-"

"Oh no, don't start, Lee Jinki," Jessica said venomously. "I didn't stop him because you're my "best friend". I stopped him because I won't stoop that low, like you did. No, you may have been my best friend, but you just completely lost that privilege. A best friend would never say that. It's not because of you," she mimicked,"it's because I don't want to relive that memory.

Onew looked like someone had slapped his grandmother's face. "Sica, I didn't mean it like-"

Jessica glared at him with a glare that would have sent a leader of a gang running away like a lost puppy. I shivered at her glared.

"Didn't mean it like what, Lee Jinki? Didn't mean to just say that you didn't enjoy singing on that stage with me?" Jessica practically yelled these things at him. "Didn't mean it like I wasn't important? Oh, but I know how you meant it, Lee Jinki. You meant that you pretended to be my friend bacause you saw a benefit, which was Tiffany! You meant it like everything that I mentioned and more. I was just another toy that helped you achieve what you wanted.

Do you even know the meaning of friendship? The meaning of absolute pain? The feeling that there's no reason to live any more? The feeling that you'd be doing everyone a favor if you just disappeared? No, you haven't felt anything like I did. All you felt in your life was happiness. You haven't had the smallest feeling of sadness, but you know what? I have, Jinki, and let me tell you that what you said to me hurt the most out of everything everyone else called me."

Everyone stared at her, but Onew's eyes were filled with tears and regret was written all over his face.

"Jessica, calm down," Yoona advised her, but Jessica didn't listen. She just continued on.

"You know what they called me in California, Lee Jinki? They called me a ! A fricken ! For what? Just for trying to be nice and saying hi to a couple of guys. Everyone would look at me like some kind of disease! Do you know why I have such a big wall around myself? Why my heart is made of ice? It's because my childhood was full of people calling me names because I tried to be nice. When I moved here, I thought that I wouldn't have to experience that again, but I guess not. I was fine for about 10 years, but then it all came tumbling down with your words: I don't want to relive that memory.

You know what, Lee Jinki? If you don't want to relive that memory, don't. I'll pretend as if I don't know you. As of today, you, Lee Jinki, are no longer of existance to me."

We all gaped at her. I mean she couldn't possibly mean that! She's known Onew for about 10 years as she said!

"Jessica, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it like that, I swear!" Onew tried to convince her. His own voice was cracking and he had tears that were threating to fall down any second.

Jessica looked at him once more, then ignored him and grabbed her bag and walked out of the door.

......................

Woah. Jessica's outburst is very emotional, huh? What did you think of this chapter? Comment in the box below, and don't forget to subscribe and upvote! :)