I'll Help You

Cold Hearts

         Jessica's POV

Shy, shy, shy, boy! Oh, oh, oh, my boy! Jal Saeng Gi Ji An Na Do~

 I slapped my hand on my alarm to stop it from singing. I picked up my phone and stared at the wallpaper.

I smiled. This was the time that Onew and I sang a duet together. The song was "One Year Later", and apparently, our teacher thought Onew and my voice matched together.

He looked so cute in his white suit. That sweet smile he was giving me. I felt my face go red.

 I got out of bed, and walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower. After I showered, brushed my teeth, and changed into simple skinny jeans and a cute tank, I grabbed my phone and went into the kitchen.

"Hi, Sweetheart! Why don't you take a seat and I'll get you your breakfast in a minute?" asked my mom.

 I smiled at her and said,"Neh, Umma!"

While I was waiting, I felt my phone vibrate. I saw Onew's picture pop up. I happily pressed 'View Now', but my smile immediately disappeared.

From: Jinki aka Onew <3

 Hi, Sica. Good morning! Umm, do you mind putting in a good word for me with Tiffany? I really like her. Can you please talk to her? Thanks a bunch!

I felt tears making their way down my cheeks, but I quickly wiped it, and picked up my bag.

 "Umma, I um, have to go early. I forgot that I'm meeting a friend before school today. Sorry. Bye!" I told her.

I ran out into the street and waved my driver away. I wanted some time to myself.

"Jessica Jung, how can you be so stupid? You should have known he wouldn't like you! You're his best friend, and nothing else." I scolded myself in English. "Just forget about it, and help him. As long as he's happy, you'll be okay."

When I realized that I was in front of the school, I put on a big, fake smile and made my way over to Tiffany. She was with some of my other friends, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung.

"Hey, guys! What's up?" I asked happily.

They greeted me with a big hug and said,"Sicachu! What cha up to these days?"

 I laughed and said,"Nothing much, but Fany, can I talk to you?"

 Tiffany got up from her seat and said,"Sure, Sica! Let's go to the garden!"

When we were at the garden, we sat down at the bench.

"So, what did want to talk about?" Fany asked.

I took a deep, deep breath and said,"You know my friend, Onew, right?"

 She looked at me and said,"The one with the really good voice, that you did a duet with?"

I nodded. "Um, what do you think of him? Do you like him?"

I turned to face Tiffany, just in time to see her blush. I sighed. So she likes him back.

 "I just happen to know that he likes you too, Tiff, so don't be so shy." I advised her.

Tiffany got a huge smile on her face and asked,"Really? Jessica, you're not joking right? Oh my God! He likes me too! Ahhh!"

 I nodded and put on a small smile. I held her hand and led her back to the hallway.

"I'll see you later, Fany. And so will Onew." I told her.

She gave me her eye smile and nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 AT LUNCH

 I grabbed a salad and Coke, and headed toward my usual table. Everyone, including Minho, was there, and Yoongie didn't look too happy about that. I sat down next to her and started to eat my lunch.

 I heard all of them talking about acting classes, singing classes, sports, and all that junk. I blocked them out and just continued to eat, until I heard someone say my name.

"Sica? Jessica? Jess? Jessi? Sicachu! Jessica Jung! Are you there?!?!"

 I looked up from my lunch to see everyone looking at me. I calmly grabbed my Coke and took a small sip of it.

 "Why, Kwon Yuri, were you yelling out my name, when I'm practically sitting next to you?" I hissed.

I guess my friends finally realized that I wasn't in a good mood, and shut up. I looked at Onew and stared at him for a while.

 "Oh, and by the way, Tiffany said she likes you too, so just go ask her out, and stop bothering me." I said icily, before I gathered my things and walked away.

As I was walking, I heard Onew yell out,"Thanks, Jessica! I knew I could count on you!"

 I just continued to walk and whispered,"That's what I do. I help my friends, even if it hurts me in the process.