Getting to Know Him

Cold Hearts

Yoona

"Come on over here," I told Minho.

He walked over to where I was, under the big oak tree in Springs Fall Park. We pulled out our theatre notesbooks and a pencil and eraser and got ready to write.

"Okay so the main characters are Aquamarine Sharon Lee and Percy Kim, correct?" Minho asked.

"Actually, let's make Aquamarine's name into Lily Anderson. Afterall, she is a Korean-American."

Minho nodded thoughtfully. "You're right. Lily Anderson. That sounds a lot simpler and more pretty."

As MInho continued to talk, I kept thinking about Jessica. She's been through so much and most certaintly didn't deserve what she was going through now. Although most don't know it, I know exactly how she feels. That happened to me one time also, in the exact same way: by someone you thought would never betray you. However, the most important thing is that I got through it and I knew Jessica could too. She just needed some time. It might take a very long time, but I know that one day, she'll be able to talk about this subject without being hurt. Not to mention the fact that she had all of us, her friends, right by her side.

"-so what do you think?" I heard the boy next to me ask.

I blinked my eyes a couple times and pulled myself back into reality. "Sorry, what was that?"

He chuckled then said,"I asked if it was okay to finish this while we grab something to bite. I'm starving."

I laughed. "Oh, of course. I'm starving also."

Right on cue, my stomach growled. Quite loudly, I might add. I blushed at stared at the ground, while Minho chuckled and led me to his car. When we got there, he opened the door for me, just like a gentleman would.

On the way there, we talked about everyday life. Somehow, though, the subject came onto Jessica and Onew.

"So how's Jessica doing?" Minho asked.

I stiffened a bit and replied,"She's doing better, but she just needs time."

He nodded. "Well you know what they say, time heals all wounds."

"Maybe, but that doesn't guarantee that you won't have any scars left."

"You've experienced something similar to this, haven't you, Yoona?" he asked me.

I became stiff. "No, I haven't."

Minho raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really. So how do you know for sure that time leaves scars?"

"I-it was just an assumption. I mean if it didn't, everyone in the world would be skipping around with lollipops."

"Uh huh.. Well I won't pressure you into telling me what happened because everyone has their own secrets, but hey, anytime you want to talk, I'll be here," he said as he parked the car.

When he turned to face me, for some strange reason, I couldn't tear my eyes off him. During that short amount of time, I noticed things I hadn't noticed before. Minho had very deep, sincere dark brown eyes that were so easy to fall into and he also had a small scar below his ear. I tilted my head as I wondered how he got that, but before I could ask, Minho cleared his throat and said,"We should probably go eat now."

I immediately pulled my eyes away and got out of the car and walked toward the restaurant, embarrassed.

"So, uh, what are you gonna eat?" I awkwardly asked him.

"I'm going to get a burger with a side of fries and onion rings with a drink." He paused and smirked. "Oh, and no need to be embarrassed about staring at me in the car. I'm used to it. After all, it'd be weird if my face didn't get any attention."

I gaped at him and scoffed. "Oh please, I was just wondering how you got that scar below your ear. I was imagining all the stupid ways you could've gotten that. Like for example, maybe you tried to staple your ear once 'cause you were that stupid."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah, whatever, Yoona. What do you want? I'll pay."

"No no no. It's fine. I'll pay for my own. I'd feel guilty if I let you pay," I immediately refused.

"I insist. Besides if you feel guilty, you come owe me a favor, okay? Now what do you want? It's almost our turn."

In the end, I sat in a small booth eating a huge burger with a side of small animal style fries that my oh-so-generous friend bought me. Although I knew I shouldn't, I was really enjoying spending time with him. It took my mind off of everything that was stressing me out. I'd never felt this way before. Must be one of those "friends that just click."

By the time we finished eating, we had the meat of our play and had to only finalize a few small details. I breathed out a high of relief and exhaustion.

"If I do say so myself," Minho began,"I'd say this was a pretty successful outing."

I nodded in agreement. "I agree with you 100%. We basically got our whole play done with a lot of time left, so we could practically just relax the entire semester."

Minho held up his hand. I smiled and high-fived him. Something weird then happened. When my hand met in contact with his, I felt an electric shock vibrating though my body. I shivered a bit and took my hand off his.

"So, do you want me to drop you off at your house?" Minho asked politely.

I didn't see the harm in saying yes, so I accepted. By the time we got to my house, my stomach hurt so much from all the laughing he made me do. As I sat on my bed with my PJ's on, I realized one thing: I hadn't had so much fun and hadn't had forgotten my stressful life with anyone for a really, really long time until Minho came along. I smiled to myself as I thought of that.


Well hello, hello, hello~ Long time no update, huh? So sorry about that. I've been super busy with school and everything and I just couldn't find the time to update :( However, school is slowing down and such, so I'm planning on updating my stories more often. (: Yay~

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and remember to comment, subscribe, and upvote! Those are what gives me the strength to write this even though it's past midnight where I live. Love you all~ <3