The Play

Cold Hearts

Minho's POV

 Love? Aish,on the first day of school, I get the subject I hate most. I never understood why people liked love so much. I mean sure, for a little while, people want to spend the rest of their life with someone, but after that, they get a divorce and never want to see each other again. I know this because my parents are divorced. I had to spend my childhood back and forth: mom to dad. I never want anyone else to be treated like that, so I plan on never falling in love. I guess Im Yoona has a problem with love too, because she's starting to look angry.

 "So, um, do you have anything in mind that you want to do?" I asked.

 Yoona glared at me and said,"No."

And then there was a moment of silence. I looked around. I saw people with their partners discussing what they'll wear, how they'll act, and all that stuff. I had a feeling that we were going to have the worst play.

 I sighed and said,"Look, Yoona shi, I don't like this subject either, but I don't want to get a bad grade. How about we just do a sad love story? For example, two people fall in love, but they can't be together because their friends are in the way."

I Yoona raised an eyebrow and replied,"Like a love triangle?"

I nodded.

"Okay. The play'll start at the school garden. I'll be reading a book there, while you are running to get to your homeroom in time."

I got an idea. "Right, so then I'll bump into you, and you'll drop your book. We'll both reach for it at the same time and let our hands touch. We'll look at each other for a few seconds, then you can get up apologize and run to your class."

"After school, I could get attacked by gangsters, but so called "luckily", you can come rescue me. From then on, we become best friends. We secretly love each other, but don't say it because our friends like us. Like one of your friends will like me, and one of my friends will like you." Yoona continued.

 I continued and said,"So then, we don't want to hurt our friends' feelings, so we don't tell each other and date that person. Later, you could get kidnapped and even though I'm your friend's boyfriend, come and rescue you. The guy that was keeping you was going to kill you, but I came just in time and got the bullet for you."

Yoona nodded approvingly. "Then I'll tell you that I love you just before you die. I visit your grave everyday until the rest of my life."

For a second, we just stared at each other. "Wow," I said,"You are really good. I think our play/drama won't be that bad."

I saw a small smile on Yoona's face, but it quickly went away. "Of course I'm good. I only got in here because of my acting and dancing. But I'm glad you're my partner because just about everyone else loves love, so they'll make it into a sappy love story with a happily ever after. Two people that both dislike love. Interesting..."

RING! RING! RING!

Our teacher came onto the stage and said,"Class dismissed! You may go now! Remember, only two weeks for you to write the play!"

And with that, I walked out of the room to my P.E. class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona's POV

I walked into the cafetaria and grabbed a hamburger and fries and looked for Yuri and Jessica. I saw them in the corner outside chatting their mouths away. I quickly walked over to them and sat down.

 "Hi, Yoong! How was your morning?" Asked Yul.

 I gave her one word. "Tiring."

Sica rolled her eyes and said,"I saw you and Minho talking about your play. So is he really that bad?"

I stared at her and said,"Maybe. You find out. The only good thing about him is that he doesn't like love either."

Yuri's eyes bugged out. "You guys have to write a play about love? I told you love is headed your way, Yoongie!"

I glared at her and said,"Shut up. Besides, we're writing a sad story. Minho's going to die in the end."

"Minho seems perfectly healthy to me!" said a voice behind me.

Jonghyun, Onew, and Minho? What are they doing together? They all sat down on our table with their food.

"I think she means the play, Jonghyun." Minho told Jjong. Since when are they such close buddies?

"Oh,,, I get it.You guys are paired up?"

Minho nodded, while I put my head down. Angelic Sica, who always seemed to know my mood, said,"How about you guys just eat?"

Immediately, the guys started to scarf down their food. I picked at my hamburger and ate a few fries. I was NOT in a good mood. First I have to write about love. Second, the guy I have to write it with is apparently good friends with Onew and Jonghyun, and is sitting at my lunch table!

A few minutes later, Onew asked,"What about you, Sica? Who's your partner?"

"Donghae oppa." She replied.

Lucky her. She gets someone she's comfortable with, not a random new kid. I hate my life. I looked at Onew and was about to ask him something, when I saw him staring at someone. I looked toward to direction he was looking and saw Tiffany Hwang. Tiffany is my friend, I guess. She's nice, pretty, good at singing, and is from California. Every guy's dream.

I looked at Yul and we winked at each other. We scooted near Onew and poked him.

"So Onew, you like Tiffany, huh?" Yul asked.

Onew looked startled, then blushed. "N-no. Wh-why would I l-like Tiffany?"

I laughed. "Well, you've been staring at her the last few minutesand always try to talk to her."

By this time, Jessica, Jonghyun, and Minho were all listening to our conversation.

Dino smiled and slapped Onew's back. "Nice, my friend, nice. Tiffany Hwang, the angel. Bet you can get her if you try."

"Hey, Sica. Aren't you good friends with her?" Jjong asked.

We all looked at her. Is it just me, or does Sica look a bit pale? I guess she noticed me looking and recovered.

She put on a big, fake smile and said,"Yeah, I do. Fany's really nice. I could help you get her if you want, Onew. I'll talk to her."

Onew's eyes lit up. "Really? You would do that for me?" Onew got up from his seat and gave Jessica a bear hug.

"Thanks so much, Sica. You don't know how much this means to me."

Everyone started clapping, except for Jessica, Minho, and me. I guess he noticed that she doesn't feel to good.

Jessica picked up her bag and pushed back her chair. "Sorry. I think I'll go first."

I saw her wipe off a fallen tear. Oh my gosh. Does Sica like Onew?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys! Chapter two is up! I hope you like it! Comment (: Another thanks to Kajjamyy for the lovely poster and background! (: