The Talent Show

Cold Hearts

Yoona's POV

 

When the bell rang, we went together to our homeroom. All day, I couldn't forget about Jessica and Donghae. I mean the girl just got heartbroken, and the next day, she out laughing with a guy she barely knows! Plus, she let him call her "Jess", and she only does that to people she really trusts.

"Miss Im? Can you repeat what I just said?" asked my biology teacher.

I mentally hit myself. How am I going to get out of this now?! I tried to think of something, when someone said,"Excuse me? I don't have a biology textbook. Do you mind getting me one?"

I turned to the speaker, and not so surprisingly, it was Minho. I shot him a thankful look, and quietly asked the person next to me what the teacher asked.

By the time Minho got his textbook, I'd memorized the question.

"So, Miss Im, care to repeat what I just said?" questioned my teacher once again.

"Of course, Mrs. Kim. You just asked what the equation for photosynthesis was," I answered her.

Mrs. Kim looked embarrassed, then asked,"And can you answer that?"

I nodded. "The equation for photosynthesis is 6 CO2, which is carbon dioxide, 6 H2O, which is water, makes the products C6H12O6, which are sugars, and the last product is 6 O2, which are oxygen molecules."

When she realized that I got the answer right, she quickly changed the subject, and ignored me.

The bell finally rang, and I made a beeline for the door. I ran to my next class, which was Drama.

When I got in, I set my bag on one of the chairs in the auditorium, and looked around for Jessica. I found her talking to Donghae.

"Hey, Sica," I greeted her.

"Hi, Yoong," she answered back.

Jessica looked at Donghae. "Oh! Sorry. I forgot to introduce you two. Donghae-Yoona, Yoona-Donghae."

I smiled at Donghae and said,"Hello, nice to meet you. I can see someone besides her closest friend melted the Ice Princess."

Jessica blushed, while Donghae just laughed. "Well, I don't see her as an Ice Princess. Just someone who's misunderstood."

I nodded in agreement. "I totally agree with you. You know, Jessica here is in need of a boyfriend. Maybe you could take that responsibilty?"

This time, Donghae and Jessica both bowed their head, blushing as red as a tomato.

"Yah, Im Yoona! It's not like that!" Jessica yelled at me.

I faked a gasp. "Wait, if it's not like that, then you two are married?! Is that it?"

They blushed some more while I just laughed. "I'm just joking you two. Although," I said to Donghae,"she does need a boy-"

"Yah, Im Yoona! Just go to your partner!" Jessica yelled again.

I continued to laugh, and said,"I'm not joking, Donghae! Think about it!"

When I got back to my seat, there was someone next to me. My smile immediately disappered at the sight of him.

"Is that how you treat someone who saved your during biology?" Minho asked.

I turned to face him. "I didn't need your help. I would've gotten it sooner or later."

Minho chuckled. "Yeah, that's so why you were looking so flustered. Like a deer in the spotlight."

This guy just pushed my annoyance button to the top. "YAH! CHOI MINHO! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME, SO SHUT UP!"

Everyone in the auditorium was staring at me by then, and Minho looked surprised.

"Geez, Yoona. I was just teasing you," he said quietly.

I sighed, but before I could say anything, my drama teacher walked onto the stage.

"Performers, today we will spend time to work on your story, or as I like to call, plays or dramas,"  Mr. Kim said.

I groaned. "Please tell me this is not happening."

"Sorry," replied Minho,"but this is happening, now let's start on our play before Mr. Kim comes over here and yells at us."

I groaned and grabbed a pen and a lined piece of paper from my bag.

"Okay, so we're going to do a sad drama. We know the plot, so we need to come up with the names. I want the main character to be named Aquamarine Sharon Lee, she can be like a foreigner who just moved to Korea," I told Minho.

He nodded. "That's good. Then I'll be Percy Kim, who's mom is Korean-American, and dad is Korean, and lives in Korea. Then we can bump into each other at school. Let's just make the school Seoul National University, since it'll be easier to describe, since we are students here."

"Okay. We meet, and become friends. My best friends will be Melody Choi and Belle Wee. One of my friends, let's just say Melody, will fall deeply in love with Percy, while one of your friends will fall in love with Aquamarine."

Minho smiled. "That's great! My friends will be Kris Lee and Jinki Jung-"

"Hey, um, I think you should change the name Jinki Jung... I don't think that Jessica will like that. Neither will Onew, since his real name is Jinki," I interrupted.

Minho raised an eyebrow. "I get the feeling that Jessica likes Onew."

I tried to keep a calm expression, 'cause on the inside, I thought I might die from a heart attack. He can't know that! Use your acting skills, Im Yoona!

"What are you talking about?" I asked, as calmly as I can.

"You don't have to lie to me, Yoona. I can tell. I mean the way Jessica ran away that day Onew asked her to help him, and not to mention all they fake smiles and laughs. You can't fool me, Im Yoona," Minho said smoothly.

I bit my tongue, not knowing what to say. Luckily, someone started talking to us.

"Miss Im. Mr. Choi. May I see what you have so far?" asked my saviour, Mr. Kim.

I nodded and handed him the piece of paper with all the characters' names and the plot so far.

Mr. Kim nodded in approval. "Very good. I have great expectations from you two. Keep up the good work."

When he walked out of sight, Minho asked me,"Can I have your phone number? I have a feeling we might need to meet up or text about this play."

I nodded weakly, thanking God that he wasn't back on the topic about Jessica and Onew. Right after we exchanged numbers, the bell rang.

Minho and I silently packed up our things, and made our way to the lunch area. I grabbed a tuna sandwich and a small Coke and went to sit next to Yuri, who was talking to Jonghyun about something. As soon as I got there, Onew and Tiffany came, hand-in-hand, with Minho right behind them.

I felt my hand curling into a fist. Yuri noticed this, and touched my arm gently. Her eyes said: Not now.

I looked up to see Minho staring intensely at me, so I quickly picked up my sandwich and took a bite out of it.

"Hey, so are any of you planning on joining the talent show?" asked Yuri.

Jonghyun looked up excitedly and said,"I really want to. Do you guys want to do it together?"

"Do what together?" asked a certain girl.

"Have a sit, Sica and... Donghae?" asked Onew.

Donghae smiled and said,"Yup! That's my name!"

Only Jessica laughed.

"You are such a weirdo, Hae," she told him, laughing.

Donghae chuckled and said,"Says the one who wanted to do a play about mermaids."

Jessica blushed. "Hey! That's not fair! Besides, it's better than making a play about dragons attacking fishes."

While they were having a fun conversation, the rest of us just watched them silently.

"So, Jonghyun wanted to know if we all wanted to do the talent show together," Tiffany said, breaking the silence.

"I'll do it!" said Yuri. "Sounds like fun!"

Jonghyun and Yuri high-fived.

"So, what about you OnFany?" Jonghyun asked.

Onew and Tiffany looked at each other.

"You wanna do it, Fany?" asked Onew.

Tiffany nodded her head vigorously. "Yeah! It sound great!"

"I'll do it if Donghae can join too," added Jessica.

"Oh, no. It's okay, Jess," Donghae protested.

Yuri and I looked at each other and smiled mischieviously.

"Come on, Donghae! It would be fun. I mean you and Jessica could have a solo, with soft lights," Yuri cooed.

I nodded, then smiled. "You can be the HaeSica couple~"

Everyone laughed at us.

"Hey! If he doesn't want to do it, then leave him alone. Come on, Fany. Let's go visit the library," Onew said sharply.

No one was laughing now. What was up with him?

"Hey, so um can I join?" questioned Donghae quietly.

We all laughed and said,"Of course!"

"Now for you two," Yuri said, pointing at Minho and me.

"Oh no. No, no, no. I am not, and I repeat, am not joining a talent show," I told them.

Yuri and Jessica pouted. "Come on, Yoon! We all know our dance teacher is going to make you the lead dancer in the winter concert!"

"Wow, the lead dancer in the winter concert," said Minho. "You must be good."

I shook my head. "They're lying. Don't believe them."

By now, everyone was trying to convince me (save Minho), to join them.

"I'll only do it if Minho does it!" I yelled out desperately.

Now, my friends were all looking at Minho desperately.

"Come on, man. It'll be fun, and you get to see Yoona dance," Jonghyun tried to persuade Minho.

I wacked him with my bad. "Yah, Kim Jonghyun! Why would you say that?!"

He just ignored me and continued. "Come on, it'll earn you a reputation."

Minho sighed in defeat and said,"Only if I get to rap too."

"Deal!" we all said in sync.

"Awesome! I'll sign us all up after school. For now, we should get ready to go. The bell's going to ring," said Jessica.

Just then, as Jessica said, the bell rang.

"Bye guys! Think of a song we can sing and dance to!" yelled out Jonghyun.

While I was walking to my next class, I was thinking: what have I gotten myself into?

.............

So, there's chapter 8! I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to comment below and tell me what you think!

P.S. How did you guys like the HaeSica interactions, and Onew getting jealous again?